JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A second Delta Elite that ran terribly no matter what ammo used, and that Colt could not seem to fix under warranty but my local gunsmith did fix for $250.00. My first DE ran like a Swiss watch but that second one :(

My list would be not inconsiderable. I've been doing guns for over 55 years, the early years as a youth had some rough spots.

Guns I lost money on:
J.C. Higgins .22 semi auto rifle that somebody had taken apart and put back together wrong before I bought it.
Model 1910 Mauser pistol in .25 ACP that broke the first time I fired it.
Mis-matched, re-blued WW1 Luger that I just had to have when I was 16 years old. The only reason I focused on this one is because the dealer was willing to sell to minors.
Hungarian 35M rifle that broke the extractor
Smith & Wesson Model 36 that someone had ground the original serial number off of, then renumbered and Parkerized.
The above are a few dogs that I remember from my youth. In later years, the following:
Ruger Vaquero in .44-40 that someone had done weird things to the action that I didn't detect before I put my money down.
Smith & Wesson Model .34 Kit Gun, bought from a doctor at UW med center, I looked at that gun for half an hour before I laid the money down. It turned out that the doctor had lied his Heinie off, the gun had been disassembled (check the side plate screws in good light, not the dim, dark conditions of a gun show hall), someone had fiddled with the guts of it.
Cheapie 1911 .38 Super made in the Philippines, "Shooters Arms Manufacturing," made completely wrong, fell apart in my hands when shooting, couldn't get it to hit point of aim at 10 feet. Import company made it impractical to repair under warranty.
Auto Ordnance 1911, slide was made wrong, wouldn't shoot right.
Rare Mauser Banner German Police Luger dated 1941, paid a lot of money for it, got it home and discovered some hidden home gunsmith work had been done under the side plate, I did get 90% of my money back but losing 10% on a return was less than what the hidden fiddling had lowered the value of the gun at resale.

There are probably others I can't remember at the moment. I've sometimes thought that buying/selling/trading used guns is a lot like trading mules in the California gold rush era. I've bought and sold literally hundreds of guns in my lifetime, I guess getting stung on a few isn't out of the ordinary considering the number involved.

The "doctor" who sold me his Kit Gun, he played on his status as a medical professional but he was a dishonest, old turd. People do stuff like that. There was a kinda famous guy in Los Angeles, his name was Mel Blanc, he did voice-overs for cartoon characters. I think they used to call them, "voice actors." One of his sidelines was to buy older, luxury marque cars, title them in his name, then turn around and resell them for a premium to idiots who would pay it because the car had belonged to a "personality." More like "character" himself.

My cousin got snookered once back in the Dirty Harry days when .44 magnums were at a premium. At a gun show, he bought what he thought was a Smith & Wesson Model 29 which was the Dirty Harry .44. When he got it home in better light, he discovered that it was really a Model 28, ("Highway Patrolman") which was originally made as a .357 magnum but someone had changed the barrel and cylinder to .44 magnum. And wasn't worth anywhere near what a real 29 was worth.

Last Edited:
Colt National Match AR! Worst trigger ever in a factory rifle, much have been a two stage, 50 and 20 pounds, and it couldn't shoot anything but M-193 ammo!
Was supposed to be the shiznit, but must have been built on a Friday around quittin time, or a Monday after a epic bender and the first AR on the bench! Sold it for more then I paid ( Thanks Slick Willy for driving the price up) and bought a JP Customs billet AR that still shoots lights out all day long!

I purchased a Glock once...
I did, too! There's a purpose behind that purchase, though. It belonged to my grandson's maternal grandfather. Because I bought it my grandson is guaranteed to have something from his other grandpa. Otherwise there would be nothing. (his grandpa died 6 years ago. the kid's now 11. call me sentimental)

I've owned some real POS's, but they all escape me right now, with one exception. I bought a Colt Peacemaker 22 last year with both cylinders. Shoulda bought a Ruger instead. At least the Ruger will work reliably with the 22 Magnum cylinder. I'm torn between selling it or letting the grandkid practice fanning with it.

Two Yugo M70's I cant seem to get rid of! o_O
The darn things are still for sale! nothing wrong with them I just want to get rid of them…

Last Edited:
French MAS 49/56
Rebored to .308
Worst trigger ever, heck, I thought the safety was locked in the on position.
IIRC That trigger tested at over 18 lbs.
What a brick

I had two Springfield armory Imbel made 1911's. The first one I paid good money for, the second I traded a Luger for. Both absolute junk! I also had a Jennings j22 once. It cured me of buying cheap guns!

I thought I'd get in the Glock game and threw a bunch of money at a 19, 21 and G-40. New barrels, target sights, polished and tuned internals that type of stuff. All were bought brand new and traded off for way less than I had in them. The 9 and 10 mm are now Sigs and the 45 is a Springfield 1911. Less you think I'm a total Glock hater, I have a G-22 that the only things I've done to it is a Dawson fiber optic front sight and knocked the shine off of the grips with 80 grit sand paper.

A set of rings I think I paid $100 for. Don't remember the name, think they were Burris? Anyway, they have inserts to further adjust for MOA past what your rail has built into it and I could not get them to align vertically. Torqued them in sequence to their company spec and stripped threads on 1 of 6 fasteners. Said screw it, went to the range to sight in and it was so far off, the bullets hit outside the field of view. Felt like I paid $100 for hot garbage

French MAS 49/56
Rebored to .308
Worst trigger ever, heck, I thought the safety was locked in the on position.
IIRC That trigger tested at over 18 lbs.
What a brick

Must have been dropped pretty hard.
Sometimes the French will actually THROW them down pretty hard instead of the more common "flinch and drop" method that they're famous for.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top