JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wait I got another one...

Cheap holosight and .45acp ammo....both from the same gun show.

the sight fell apart adjusting it, and the ammo was junk reloads that you literally could not hit a target 25ft away with, out of a Ruger SR1911. lucky the ammo made it out of the end of the barrel. seems like that's about all it did. my vepr12 has less spread than those 45acp's did o_O

My worst money spent...every Streamlight product I've bought and a Para-Ord P-10, won't reliably feed any hollow-point I tried.

That's too bad, Streamlight used to be good. I have quite a few of their offerings but I stopped buying their products a few years ago. I've had a few issues with their WMLs and even their handhelds. I've moved on like you.

When I was younger it was a Remington 591 in 5 mm mag. A great varmint gun that would shoot rings around my brothers 22 mag! The problem was only a few months after I bought it Remington announced they were discontinuing making ammo! It became a safe queen that only added weight to the safe! When Agilla announced they would make ammo again I couldn't wait to dump that turd on the first buyer with cash!
He was actually pretty happy to have it! I still have that sour taste!
When 17 HMR came along I sat on the sidelines for quite a while before joining in the fun. Once burned you know! Now the 17's are some of my favorite rifles!

the only other I sunk money in was a Scout rifle in the 90's. It got traded at a loss. DR

I thought I'd get in the Glock game and threw a bunch of money at a 19, 21 and G-40. New barrels, target sights, polished and tuned internals that type of stuff. All were bought brand new and traded off for way less than I had in them. The 9 and 10 mm are now Sigs and the 45 is a Springfield 1911. Less you think I'm a total Glock hater, I have a G-22 that the only things I've done to it is a Dawson fiber optic front sight and knocked the shine off of the grips with 80 grit sand paper.
Hmmm, re-read that. Think about it..

Joe

Jennings .22 comes to mind….and a Sig Mosquito I bought for the craycray psych nurse before I experienced her craycray.

Over here we say a 'solution looking for a problem'.
The problem was Gaston Glock wanting to be immortalized by having his name on a caliber ala 45 automatic Colt pistol, 9mm Luger and so on. Unfortunately, it didn't take. Even though Springfield chambered XDs in 45 GAP, it just wasn't going to go anywhere. I guess Gaston will have to settle for immortality on his guns alone.

A Sterling 22lr pocket pistol...FTF's and broken firing pins.

Fortunately the roof of my apartment leaked and filled my boot with rainwater. Pistol was in the boot and came out rusted. Insurance paid more than it was worth.

Stereo in truck that didn't work. Now just have more scrap in my truck. Told him just make it work good sound good. Does neither cant eat or shoot it either. I keep thinking that would be nice for AMMO, rifle, pistol, food, etc... Plus I'm getting to old for that crap lol.

Jennings .22 comes to mind….and a Sig Mosquito I bought for the craycray psych nurse before I experienced her craycray.
At least you got Her a gun that doesn't work! I bought my wife one of those also. Luckily it was green so I sold it at a gun show dealer for what I paid and couldn't be happier!!

Early '70s, a friend hooked me on black powder shooting, so I spent way too much early-married money on a .45 Hopkins & Allen under-striker. It was during the sixth range session when it went off about one second after I cocked it, even though my hand was nowhere near the trigger. Fortunately and from habit, I'd capped at the line and only cocked the hammer when nearly on target. A clean miss, of course, but I can't say the same for my undershorts. I immediately withdrew from the turkey match and went home to change. Due to trust issues, I never again took that rifle to the range.

A year later, a co-worker - even though fully informed of the hazard - gave me $12 for it, plus his assurance that he'd replace the innards before he ever used it. For me, it was worth the financial bath to be rid of it. For him, it was a super deal because the replacement parts were relatively cheap and arrived in time for him to take a buck in that year's muzzleloader season.

Well, lets see. Over time it has to be a GSG 1911 in 22lr. Bought as a training tool for new shooters. Looks really nice but I never could get the dern thang to shoot reliably without jamming. Tried everything with it I could ... new parts ... different ammo ... nuttin'. Still taking up space in my safe. I don't have enough faith in it to even sell it to someone else. Would be like putting your garbage into your neighbor's trash can. So there it is. And there it sits in the dark.

I had a schmidt rubin (for a week) that looked great, but shot far left. I couldn't figure out if the barrel had a tiny bend to it or what, but I sold it for peanuts. Yes, I let him know why I sold it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top