JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We did our Memorial Day grilling yesterday, as we are on trip one of N moving the eldest from college back home...

But, last night was jumbo shrimp, London Broils and grilled zucchini.... Yummy!

B5CFB91C-F5C0-423B-9070-7432890C778C.jpeg

Chips and salsa tonight, cuz I dicked around all day reading posts on all the threads I watch on this board and didn't get my big, bulbous behind out of the house early enough to complete all my errands I needed to get done today. :rolleyes:
I'm back now, but it's too late to start preparing the feast tonight...

But tomorrow night, it's gonna be marinated and grilled lamb chops and roasted corn-on-the-cob from the barby, likely some form of taters, and prolly a shrimp cocktail or a mixed organic artisan spring greens salad. I'm gonna wash it all down with some liquor to start off while I fix it, then likely a cab while I'm sittin' my big, bulbous behind down to eat it. Prolly will finish the evening off with a liqueur like Disaronno or Courvoisier, or mebbe just some tawny port. That's the plan...

Last Edited:
Chips and salsa tonight, cuz I dicked around all day reading posts on all the threads I watch on this board and didn't get my big, bulbous behind out of the house early enough to complete all my errands I needed to get done today. :rolleyes:
I'm back now, but it's too late to start preparing the feast tonight...

But tomorrow night, it's gonna be marinated and grilled lamb chops and roasted corn-on-the-cob from the barby, likely some form of taters, and prolly a shrimp cocktail or a mixed organic artisan spring greens salad. I'm gonna wash it all down with some liquor to start off while I fix it, then likely a cab while I'm sittin' my big, bulbous behind down to eat it. Prolly will finish the evening off with a liqueur like Disaronno or Courvoisier, or mebbe just some tawny port. That's the plan...
Finally got around to it...
Lamb choppers.JPG

ETA: OMG, that was beyond indescribable!

Hang on, I need to send a note to someone... "Dear Mary, your little lamb was delicious!" :s0140:

I ate all 3 chops, even the one that you can't see, cuz... well... grilled meats just don't taste as good when they're reheated. Yeah, that's the ticket...

Gonna let those 3 choppers settle for a bit, and then cap off the night with some vanilla bean ice cream and Smuckers hot fudge, and will likely dip a few mint Milanos in that bowl as well. Cuz this is 'Merica, and I can... :s0155:

Last Edited:
I tried something a little different this morning; a Dutch baby. I can't wait to do this next camping trip, it turned out great. Topped with fresh blueberries and whipped cream, it was definitely an awesome breakfast. IMG_20200603_092606271_HDR.jpg IMG_20200603_093625961_HDR.jpg

Haven't made a steak proper in a long time and today for graduation gift and Father's Day the wife told me I needed one of these.

So here is the first steaks out of the smoker. 225* for 45 minutes and 3 mins on each side at 450* sear.

40E1126C-4C0B-42AB-B7EE-D5E8E7FBF5CE.jpeg A4E059FA-A6EE-4D9E-B14C-F1CF235FBCF1.jpeg 485AEDF7-51C6-4964-AE33-121D4FBA1A5D.jpeg

Last Edited:
Grilled rib eye, medium rare, roasted c-o-c, freshly steamed broccoli florets w/infant carrots, shrimp cocktail on a bed of organic artisan mixed spring greens, all washed down with the last Old Fashioned and starting in on a robust Cabernet. Oh, the humanity!

I started too late to dine al fresco, so noshin' at the brekkie bar, since the kitchen table is still occupied by my laptop and three monitors so I can WFH...

Grilled ribeye.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews