Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

What's on the Grill Tonight?

2Wheels4Ever

Reactions
Let's see what's on your grill!

Today's beer can chicken for me.
My chicken rub:
Onion and garlic powder, black pepper, white pepper, seasoning salt, kosher salt, allspice, oregano, cumin, chilli powder, paprika, and a bit of ginger. All to taste.

Half a can of pbr up it's bubblegum and indirect heat until done. Occasionally throw some hickory chips on the coals. Serve with corn bread, baked beans and cucumber salad.
IMG_20190611_175423651_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions
Looks great!
Of ALL the grilling, BBQ, smoking etc. I do I have YET to try a beer butt chicken!
Your rub combo sounds great and do you peel the skin and season between the meat & skin or just on the exterior?

OP
2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever

Reactions
Looks great!
Of ALL the grilling, BBQ, smoking etc. I do I have YET to try a beer butt chicken!
Your rub combo sounds great and do you peel the skin and season between the meat & skin or just on the exterior?
Thanks. I season it skin on (outside of skin) and in the cavity. If I'm feeling extra fancy I'll do a brine or salted garlic butter injection.

Ima have to try both of those!

I did a kick-arse tri-tip In the pellet smoker/grill last Saturday..... wife said it was the best one I’ve ever done to date.

Salt, pepper, garlic... slow cooked at 250*F until med-med/well.... was juicy and tender as HELL!

I’m going to do a brisket this Friday, and another one on Sunday when the family comes over to mooch a Fathers’s Day meal off me.... LOL!

OP
2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever

Reactions
Ima have to try both of those!

I did a kick-arse tri-tip In the pellet smoker/grill last Saturday..... wife said it was the best one I’ve ever done to date.

Salt, pepper, garlic... slow cooked at 250*F until med-med/well.... was juicy and tender as HELL!

I’m going to do a brisket this Friday, and another one on Sunday when the family comes over to mooch a Fathers’s Day meal off me.... LOL!
I do a similar recipe with pork loin. It's amazingly tender and not dry at all. Rub of your choice. Cook until internal temp of 145 and let it sit for a good 10m or all the juice will run out.

Mikej

Reactions
Let's see what's on your grill!

Today's beer can chicken for me.
My chicken rub:
Onion and garlic powder, black pepper, white pepper, seasoning salt, kosher salt, allspice, oregano, cumin, chilli powder, paprika, and a bit of ginger. All to taste.

Half a can of pbr up it's bubblegum and indirect heat until done. Occasionally throw some hickory chips on the coals. Serve with corn bread, baked beans and cucumber salad.
View attachment 589407
539086-c81961781b7806a0fdf9f0c123928576.jpg

How'd you train you chicken to sit up on the grill like that? :D

No, really, I don't see a base? It looks like it should fall over.

Mikej

Reactions
That's what the can of beer up its bum does.
Balancing act. Chicken weighs 4lbs+/-, and beer can is not very wide. I can see chicken falling over and beer spilling out?

Reactions
Dang, missed this thread earlier or I would have snapped a photo of the brisket I did today. 11hrs on the camp chef. It's currently sitting in a cooler wrapped in its butcher paper for an hour and a half rest then it's time to dig in....I suppose I could take a photo of it when I take it out of there but on the grill would have been better.

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done business with Jeff for many years,he is trustworthy and honest
    • grpolarbear
  • Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I've known him from the beginning. I trust him completely. His prices are fair. He is technically competent in all aspects of gunsmithing and...
    • OLDMANWINTER
  • Country Line Shooting Sports
    5.00 star(s)
    If you like a good mom and pop, country store, County Line only lacks the cracker barrel and chairs to be damn near perfect. They try and for the...
    • CptPh0t0n
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    David is kind, considerate and a true professional as are the rest of his staff ! Thanks
    • LuLuBelle
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    Back in April, I had Brimstone do a Tier 1 trigger job for my 10/22 race gun build. After months of use and a handful of speed steel events, I...
    • Mister Bisley

Staff online