What's on the Grill Tonight?

2Wheels4Ever

Reactions
Let's see what's on your grill!

Today's beer can chicken for me.
My chicken rub:
Onion and garlic powder, black pepper, white pepper, seasoning salt, kosher salt, allspice, oregano, cumin, chilli powder, paprika, and a bit of ginger. All to taste.

Half a can of pbr up it's bubblegum and indirect heat until done. Occasionally throw some hickory chips on the coals. Serve with corn bread, baked beans and cucumber salad.
IMG_20190611_175423651_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

RVTECH

Reactions
Looks great!
Of ALL the grilling, BBQ, smoking etc. I do I have YET to try a beer butt chicken!
Your rub combo sounds great and do you peel the skin and season between the meat & skin or just on the exterior?

OP
2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever

Reactions
Looks great!
Of ALL the grilling, BBQ, smoking etc. I do I have YET to try a beer butt chicken!
Your rub combo sounds great and do you peel the skin and season between the meat & skin or just on the exterior?
Thanks. I season it skin on (outside of skin) and in the cavity. If I'm feeling extra fancy I'll do a brine or salted garlic butter injection.

Ima have to try both of those!

I did a kick-arse tri-tip In the pellet smoker/grill last Saturday..... wife said it was the best one I’ve ever done to date.

Salt, pepper, garlic... slow cooked at 250*F until med-med/well.... was juicy and tender as HELL!

I’m going to do a brisket this Friday, and another one on Sunday when the family comes over to mooch a Fathers’s Day meal off me.... LOL!

OP
2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever

Reactions
Ima have to try both of those!

I did a kick-arse tri-tip In the pellet smoker/grill last Saturday..... wife said it was the best one I’ve ever done to date.

Salt, pepper, garlic... slow cooked at 250*F until med-med/well.... was juicy and tender as HELL!

I’m going to do a brisket this Friday, and another one on Sunday when the family comes over to mooch a Fathers’s Day meal off me.... LOL!
I do a similar recipe with pork loin. It's amazingly tender and not dry at all. Rub of your choice. Cook until internal temp of 145 and let it sit for a good 10m or all the juice will run out.

Mikej

Reactions
Let's see what's on your grill!

Today's beer can chicken for me.
My chicken rub:
Onion and garlic powder, black pepper, white pepper, seasoning salt, kosher salt, allspice, oregano, cumin, chilli powder, paprika, and a bit of ginger. All to taste.

Half a can of pbr up it's bubblegum and indirect heat until done. Occasionally throw some hickory chips on the coals. Serve with corn bread, baked beans and cucumber salad.
View attachment 589407
539086-c81961781b7806a0fdf9f0c123928576.jpg

How'd you train you chicken to sit up on the grill like that? :D

No, really, I don't see a base? It looks like it should fall over.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom