JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you honor your word with the first person that contacts you?

• Yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cash talks loudly

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • N/A

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's the point of even calling dibs and personal messaging somebody for them just to agree to everything and then sell the gun out to the next person. I don't get it. What's the point
Show me your ankles and dance me a little jig like I like and I'll think about whether or not you're worthy of an answer.

Same thing.

We do have a feedback system for the classifieds....which may be of some use here.

To answer the OP ....
Depends on just what is said.

I do honor the first I'll take it...and here is my contact information , time and place to meet up , etc....

If it is just a I'll think on it...or more questions...well , ya gotta commit if you want the deal.
That said...I have honored a "I"ll take it..but can you hold it for me." If....
The buyer / trader is upfront from the get go.
Andy

Personally.. first person to offer cash, meet up times and locations will usually get it. "Dibs" doesn't really work for me if the potential buyer doesn't have the cash at the ready, and did not disclose that, and have not put in the effort to set up a meet and location.
If they messaged me first and tells me to hold it until 'x date and they don't commit on that day.. it goes to the next person.... who would usually get the response of "I've got someone wanting to meet up on x day, but if the deal falls through, I'll let you know".

YES!! When I sell something and someone makes a time to meet I consider that my word. When others contact me I tell them someone has spoken for item, that if they do not show or do not want it, I will contact them. Several times I have had people try to skate in and buy something when I told them this. One time it was set of tires. Guy called me, said he wanted them so I gave him the address. He was coming from the next county north of me so no short drive. Soon another texted me. I told him if the guy did not show................ He proceeded to text me a few more times saying he had cash and was close (ad had general area) and wanted to come buy them. I told him I was NOT going to have the first guy drive an hour only to show up and me tell him sorry. He pissed me off so much that even if first guy had not shown or did not want them I would not have contacted him. To me this was a really 💩 to even ask me to do.

Yes, the first person who says they'll take it for the agreed upon price is to whom I'm doing the deal with. I've had at least two over the years the difference was a matter of a few minutes. (They were items I had aggressively priced to move.)

Now, mind you, I mean those that the deal is struck. If it is the first guy, but is is a "um, well, how about 50% less than you asked, and you said you don't take trades but how about a Hi Point that sustained fire damage, and can I get free shipping, and, oh, could you hold on to it for three weeks until my next paycheck ..." Yah, no, a deal wasn't made with that individual and I don't care if it is the first PM.

I also consider what's most convenient for me. Guy #1 wants me to drive halfway to his location, Guy #2 will drive to my location. I'm probably going to go with Guy #2.

Seller chooses who he/she wants to deal with. Seller should not have to choose a flake or someone impolite just because they said "dibs". Personally I will not sell to flakes or impolite poeple.

I have tried to meet people to sell stuff just to help them out cuz they couldn't find magazines in a shortage and they never show. Everyone else I've dealt with has been excellent.

Last Edited:
I would say seller gets to choose and only because I've had people Dibbs me, message me, agree to buy at agreed upon price and flake. No holdsies is my policy. Other forums I visit will ban a 1st dibbs person that doesn't follow through.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top