JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Get a outdoor flat top griddle, the myriad of meals one can cook with one is vast. My favorites so far are smash burgers, carne asada street tacos and hash brown omelettes. Dutch oven cooking and cooking over a fire in general is a whole other rabbit hole to go down as well.

How about trying your hand at some Shawarma / Gyros?

1652111155168.png

I cook most everything on my MAK grill but my son got me to try sous vide for a change and it was actually pretty good. Took some tough sirloin steak and ran it at 135 degrees for 12 hours. Comes out of the vacuum pack looking like crap but it's fixable! Took a large cast iron pan and sauteed a LOT of shallots in butter until carmelized, threw in the sirloin after cutting into cubes and seasoned it with a bunch of spices. Cut up pickled sweet peppers into strips and tossed those in. After getting a nice color to the beef, shredded gruyere cheese in and then onto a fresh sourdough roll. My version of a philly cheese steak I guess.
The sous vide can make just about any cut of meat tender but it's what you do with it once it's ready that counts!

I'm definitely not a professional chef or bbq pitmaster but I feel like I've reached a place in my bbq experiences that I've done it all. I've done multiple whole hogs for weddings and other events, weddings with tri tip, weedings with pork butts, briskets, whole chickens, ribs beef and pork ribs ect you get the point. Looking for new ideas something I haven't done, something new. I get board of doing the same old thing!
....but do you have a flat top grill?

I don't. I'm planning on getting a Blackstone
We got one after our friends brought one camping. Now, we have three, one for home, one for the boat, and one for the travel trailer. They are super versatile, pizzas to biscuits and gravy. The flavor has to come from you though, it's literally just a griddle, but outdoor cooking is always better in my opinion.

There we go! That sounds like fun. The next good weather we get(been snowing here on and off all day) I'm gonna cook a whole meal outside with some oak wood! Thanks for the idea
Smoking in the woods can be challenging as well.

1652133247439.jpeg

I'm definitely not a professional chef or bbq pitmaster but I feel like I've reached a place in my bbq experiences that I've done it all. I've done multiple whole hogs for weddings and other events, weddings with tri tip, weedings with pork butts, briskets, whole chickens, ribs beef and pork ribs ect you get the point. Looking for new ideas something I haven't done, something new. I get board of doing the same old thing!
Please, share more, I am very interested in this combination of bbq and lawn care; my weeds are out of control.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews