JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm definitely not a professional chef or bbq pitmaster but I feel like I've reached a place in my bbq experiences that I've done it all. I've done multiple whole hogs for weddings and other events, weddings with tri tip, weedings with pork butts, briskets, whole chickens, ribs beef and pork ribs ect you get the point. Looking for new ideas something I haven't done, something new. I get board of doing the same old thing!

Options.
Get your Sashimi game down. It's expensive, and will require money and effort to source ingredients and equipment.
Baking. I never actually did, but I bought a bunch of stuff for making pies from scratch about 7 Thanksgivings ago. Probably still bagged up in the basement.
Wild game and exotics . Another spendy cooking hobby. Nicky farms in Portland has all your elk, venison, bison, emu , quail eggs for the sushi I mentioned above. Alligator meat used to be available from Idaho, no idea if that's still true. Get weird, man.
This is a bad time to go looking for "deals " on protein, but that might get worse down the road. Premium seafood and choice/prime beef are high and not coming back down any time soon.

Ya I sorce all my beef from a local friend in Scio(he runs about 100 mother cows). I help him around the farm in my spare time so it's really cheap for me money wise. I've been killing deer and elk for years so that's old hat. I love seafood, as we just had oysters for mothers day. Sashimi and sushi I have never really tried....know the wheels are turning thanks!

Options.
Get your Sashimi game down. It's expensive, and will require money and effort to source ingredients and equipment.
Baking. I never actually did, but I bought a bunch of stuff for making pies from scratch about 7 Thanksgivings ago. Probably still bagged up in the basement.
Wild game and exotics . Another spendy cooking hobby. Nicky farms in Portland has all your elk, venison, bison, emu , quail eggs for the sushi I mentioned above. Alligator meat used to be available from Idaho, no idea if that's still true. Get weird, man.
This is a bad time to go looking for "deals " on protein, but that might get worse down the road. Premium seafood and choice/prime beef are high and not coming back down any time soon.
Jump on a boat and run for some free range albacore !

I've been thinking a whole goat. But the goat I've tried I never liked. Maybe it wasn't cooked right. I have a 18# prime rib I've been aging for 50 days I need to figure out what I'm doing with it too!

20220508_182255.jpg 20220508_183519.jpg 20220508_183140.jpg

Bugs and baseball steak for moms day.
A strip loin for whomever doesn't want a tenderloin

You want a challenge, remove the equipment, make everything you did without it.

My favorite thing is woods cooking. Catch, or kill, and cook using only what is in the woods to do so.

Sometimes a new technique can revive your loss of enjoyment.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews