JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let me know how it turns out for you. I've owned two. A Daniel Boone and a Davy Crockett . Both would leave a layer of black soot all over the food. Didn't see it very bad on dark color meets like steak or brisket. But if you wanted to grill a pork chop or a chicken breast and not have Q sauce on it there would be a fine layer of black like a diesel truck rolled coal all over your food. They did fine as long the set temp was below 225.

I absolutely love my webber and I grill on it year round, but I never mastered smoking with it. Every time I tried my temps would fluctuate from 175 to 350 :s0114:. I use a little propane Coleman smoker and I'm really happy with the meat that comes off of it. I even tapped in a 4in diameter pipe that powers my wood smoke house for jerky and sausages.

I get it. Short answer, you cheat. :s0140: I'm no pro with the Weber, even a noob you could say. Wifey got it for me for Christmas 2018. I basically "Play" with it. As you say 175-350. That's why I do stuff for an hour and finish in the oven. I was never a charcoal guy much. But seeing as I have it, and didn't have to buy it, I enjoy the heck out of it. flavor can't be matched with the gas grill.

I always though about one of the electric/propane stand-ups. They are certainly affordable. My problem with them was they won't dependably smoke at temps 150-160 which is what I do smoked salmon at. Shouldn't matter now seeing as I quit giving the state money for fish that aren't there so much anymore

Dang that makes me hungry for some pork loin! I haven't smoked one since Super Bowl.
I stuffed it with a pepper and cheese mix then wrapped it in bacon. Next to that is a meatloaf also wrapped in bacon.
Yeah, I have a bacon problem.. .

View attachment 681319

Oh my good lord that pork looks gooood!

Tonight was a USDA choice ribeye, medium rare. Home made ceasar salad on the side. Pacifico with lime to wash it all down.

20200411_183159.jpg

Sunday was a medium rare ribeye off the barby, baby red garlic smashed taters, steamed mixed veggies, and a shrimp cocktail.
Dessert was French vanilla bean ice cream with Smuckers real hot fudge, not that fake schit from Hershey's...
Ribeye.JPG

Angus 4lb roast from Walmart. 3 hours @ 275. Shook some Weber seasoning on, that's about it. Came out perfect, slices paper thin with one of my Shun knives. We've been grazing on it for a couple of days now.
Followed it up with a bad@ss Lithuanian beer. 15%ABV. Amazing brew. Hey, Lithuanian beer....it's not just for breakfast anymore.

IMG_20200517_123136.jpg IMG_20200517_195421.jpg IMG_20200517_121304.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads