JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We did our Memorial Day grilling yesterday, as we are on trip one of N moving the eldest from college back home...

But, last night was jumbo shrimp, London Broils and grilled zucchini.... Yummy!

B5CFB91C-F5C0-423B-9070-7432890C778C.jpeg

Chips and salsa tonight, cuz I dicked around all day reading posts on all the threads I watch on this board and didn't get my big, bulbous behind out of the house early enough to complete all my errands I needed to get done today. :rolleyes:
I'm back now, but it's too late to start preparing the feast tonight...

But tomorrow night, it's gonna be marinated and grilled lamb chops and roasted corn-on-the-cob from the barby, likely some form of taters, and prolly a shrimp cocktail or a mixed organic artisan spring greens salad. I'm gonna wash it all down with some liquor to start off while I fix it, then likely a cab while I'm sittin' my big, bulbous behind down to eat it. Prolly will finish the evening off with a liqueur like Disaronno or Courvoisier, or mebbe just some tawny port. That's the plan...

Last Edited:
Chips and salsa tonight, cuz I dicked around all day reading posts on all the threads I watch on this board and didn't get my big, bulbous behind out of the house early enough to complete all my errands I needed to get done today. :rolleyes:
I'm back now, but it's too late to start preparing the feast tonight...

But tomorrow night, it's gonna be marinated and grilled lamb chops and roasted corn-on-the-cob from the barby, likely some form of taters, and prolly a shrimp cocktail or a mixed organic artisan spring greens salad. I'm gonna wash it all down with some liquor to start off while I fix it, then likely a cab while I'm sittin' my big, bulbous behind down to eat it. Prolly will finish the evening off with a liqueur like Disaronno or Courvoisier, or mebbe just some tawny port. That's the plan...
Finally got around to it...
Lamb choppers.JPG

ETA: OMG, that was beyond indescribable!

Hang on, I need to send a note to someone... "Dear Mary, your little lamb was delicious!" :s0140:

I ate all 3 chops, even the one that you can't see, cuz... well... grilled meats just don't taste as good when they're reheated. Yeah, that's the ticket...

Gonna let those 3 choppers settle for a bit, and then cap off the night with some vanilla bean ice cream and Smuckers hot fudge, and will likely dip a few mint Milanos in that bowl as well. Cuz this is 'Merica, and I can... :s0155:

Last Edited:
I tried something a little different this morning; a Dutch baby. I can't wait to do this next camping trip, it turned out great. Topped with fresh blueberries and whipped cream, it was definitely an awesome breakfast. IMG_20200603_092606271_HDR.jpg IMG_20200603_093625961_HDR.jpg

Haven't made a steak proper in a long time and today for graduation gift and Father's Day the wife told me I needed one of these.

So here is the first steaks out of the smoker. 225* for 45 minutes and 3 mins on each side at 450* sear.

40E1126C-4C0B-42AB-B7EE-D5E8E7FBF5CE.jpeg A4E059FA-A6EE-4D9E-B14C-F1CF235FBCF1.jpeg 485AEDF7-51C6-4964-AE33-121D4FBA1A5D.jpeg

Last Edited:
Grilled rib eye, medium rare, roasted c-o-c, freshly steamed broccoli florets w/infant carrots, shrimp cocktail on a bed of organic artisan mixed spring greens, all washed down with the last Old Fashioned and starting in on a robust Cabernet. Oh, the humanity!

I started too late to dine al fresco, so noshin' at the brekkie bar, since the kitchen table is still occupied by my laptop and three monitors so I can WFH...

Grilled ribeye.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews