JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry, no pics, but finished our first ever batch of jerky (teriyaki) today with my 16 year old. 6.5 lbs. of 1/4" sliced middle round steak from Costco, 12+ hours of brine, 4.5-5 hours at 180° on the pellet grill. Turned out decent (chewy vs. brittle, softer vs tough). Not much left after giving some away. I guess we will just have to do it again!

Pork loins last night. Didn't take any pics.

Lamb chops tonight...
The lamb chops I was promisin' you guys... Roasted corn-on-the-cob, too...
Preps:
Lamb chops.JPG

Dinner is served...
Lamb chops_served.JPG

It was still too damned hot to eat outside on the patio, and my kitchen table is still occupied by my WFH office (for the past 4+ months :rolleyes: ), so the only comfortable place left to nosh is at my brekkie bar...

Last Edited:
I had a couple of good-looking steaks to grill.
To my great displeasure and humiliation, I got distracted and left em on Side A too long... the flip-side got a token 5-10 seconds on the fire.
I took em inside, ugly side down, of course, hoping my sweetie wouldn't turn em over... she did. Dam. Much deserved ridicule from the peanut gallery.
They were still pink in the middle, so edible... but not perfect.
Jeez... you'd think I'd have this down by now.

You just got your man card suspended...

Not taken away, just suspended. ;)

NY strip steak, medium rare, roasted corn-on-the-cob, shrimp cocktail, and sobo's Planet Killer Mai Tais are on the menu for tonight...

NYS steak.JPG

Another NY Strip steak tonight, fellas...
View attachment 735826
Dude you have way too much time on your hands.
I got a call from another member on Wednesday .
Hey I'm right down the street from you working.
Can I stop by.
Yep sure I'm on my way to the store.
You want to BBQ.
Lol any way.
Me @Melmelhunter .
And her granddaughter.
And @HighlandLofts and his grandson.
Had a BBQ that we set up and organized.
Prepared and cooked on the fly.
Believe me it didn't look anything like that.

I grew up learning how to cook (and eat) in Italy. And Italians know how to eat...
Believe me, if there's one thing I do so enjoy on a regular basis in this life, it is to consume tasty grillable goodness, be it bovine, porcine, ovine, or galline.
I make time for that...

Last Edited:
Sunday night...
Marinated boneless pork loins, roasted corn-on-the-cob, smashed 'taters, and an artisan mixed spring greens salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, all washed down with a 2013 Côtes du Rhône...
Dinner.JPG

Last Edited:
Some fancy steak tonight.View attachment 745657
I see a coupla bacon-wrapped filet mignons, a porterhouse, and a ribeye. Geebus, God, Yummi! What do I have to do to get an invite to dinner at your place?

Tonight, I'ma gonna have me some more o' dem lamb chops. Just now firin' up the grill...

I see a coupla bacon-wrapped filet mignons, a porterhouse, and a ribeye. Geebus, God, Yummi! What do I have to do to get an invite to dinner at your place?

Tonight, I'ma gonna have me some more o' dem lamb chops. Just now firin' up the grill...

Ha, call me crazy but I'd take lamb over the finest fillet mignon any time! Pops came over and brought the steaks; way out of my budget :s0114:

Welp, here''s those lamb shops I was a-talkin' 'bout earlier. They was damned good eatin', they was...
Dinner.JPG
Oh, and that's a Cabernet and one of my famous Planet Killer Mai Tais, there, fer washin' ever'thing down.
I think that's the 4th one of the Mai Tais, but I may have lost count. Those Planet Killers do that to ya, ya know... ;)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads