JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is that on your Christmas list or maybe in your stocking?....:p:D
Andy

They can't be naked if they're in stockings! LoL

On a serious note, I usually shoot reactive paper but use a variety of firearms and usually theme it somehow. My father and I will do things like German arms of WWI or American Arms of WWII... I think we're doing that last one again soon because he just had 500rnds .45 and 350rnds .30 carbine delivered to my place.
I'm going to pick up some clay pidgeons next. I'm not sure steel targets are allowed on USFS lands, so be sure to check the regs.
Also, buy seedless produce unless it's your property you're shooting on.

View attachment 415325
I have flipped the some of the most hoplophobic with these reactive targets

gun fighter tree

that little bit left in spray paint cans is fun to watch burst into colored mist..... sometimes suspended from trees or? with large sheet of paper beneath them to make art

shot gun "1oz slugs" into 1 gal jugs of water

shot gun and helium filled balloons "they are easier for newbs to hit than fast clays"

Is that an approved back stop?! :D

I love shooting watermelons with 12ga.

Here's an easy one:

Wooden stands, paper man-targets, a few scrap barrels... (note - plastic rain covers should be removed)

1. Sit in chair
2. While sitting, draw and shoot 8 nearby bad guys whose heads are peeking above the barrels
3. Stand and move towards upright targets, shooting as sight pictures are available

13001041_1598505360466620_1856489825091799367_n.jpg

As kids livin' in the sticks my Dad would stake opposite ends of a 100 ft. long line stretched along the ground away from the shooter, and we'd shoot at a target (tire chunks wrapped in burlap usually) that was tethered to the line. The object was to see who could get the ball to the end of the line with the fewest shots or in the least amount of time.
We'd use rifles or pistols (22) and we kept the tether short to prevent wild barrel swings.

Sporting clays can be so addictive. And may become expensive. Yep. Reactive Targets of whatever. Also shooting an entire fun time using only suppressed weapons is fun. Not having to use the heavy sound protectors is nice. We always use good effective eye wear.

Automatic weapons are the ultimate. A suppressed auto weapon is even more fun. But extremely expensive. We shoot off too much ammo. Oh so fast. Time is our limiting factor returning to hand loading for the M2 Carbine. High round counts down range are easy.

All Oregon State, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply.

i've had little 22 sized swinger targets from my old IHMSA days, A-frames the targets hang on; lately, I've been experimenting with such as the various reactive gummi-ball type targets. Plus there is a variety of gummi-swinger targets in both geometric shapes & various pest designs such as crows & squirrels. On a heavy-gauge wire U-frame that jams down into loose soil, they work very well.

Then there's clay targets set upright in the sand, along the berms & with rocks/clods to hold them. These are for places you don't have to clean up the pieces.

Golf balls are incredibly fun, as are tennis balls of certain materials.

introduce them to some skill drills like the dot torture. If they are more advanced and exhibit safe handling introduce them to some timed drills or movement drills.

that dot torture made my BP raise a couple hunnert points.....
lol.. me too. Just when I thought I was "good". What ive had to do the last couple times is just move in closer until I can clear it all and I still cant 100%. I might have to try it from 3 yds to get 100%...

after I get humiliated by the dot torture I like the 1-2-R-3 drill, adds a reload to make things interesting.
pistol-training.com » 1-2-R-3

Go to the boonies and shoot steel, coke cans, reactive targets.

Take a shotgun and some 2 liters (shake them before you shoot them), That makes most people smile.

Clean up your trash before you heave;)

Seasonal decorations from the $Tree; currently poking holes in elves, frosty the snowman, and Santa...yep Santa.

Last week, I had a 10 pack of blue snowflakes (6" dia).....lol. Some were unused so I left them up; a week later...there hundreds of holes in them.:D

Plastic balls and tree decorations dangling on paracord....

Balloons (water balloons in summer)...are a favorite. 25 latex balloons for $1.00.

Hand drawn martians, robots, and other shapes.

Not only do we and our grandchildren laugh, but the older gents at the club laugh too.

:cool:

Edit: we're teaching the grandchildren to hit the Martian Commander in the frontal lobe within 4 seconds...so he can't use his mental telepathy to pull our guns out of our hands...the felt targets last in the rain.

IMG_20171222_183216717_HDR.jpg

Last Edited:
Seasonal decorations from the $Tree; currently poking holes in elves, frosty the snowman, and Santa...yep Santa.

Last week, I had a 10 pack of blue snowflakes (6" dia).....lol. Some were unused so I left them up; a week later...there hundreds of holes in them.:D

Plastic balls and tree decorations dangling on paracord....

Balloons (water balloons in summer)...are a favorite. 25 latex balloons for $1.00.

Hand drawn martians, robots, and other shapes.

Not only do we and our grandchildren laugh, but the older gents at the club laugh too.

:cool:

Edit: we're teaching the grandchildren to hit the Martian Commander in the frontal lobe within 4 seconds...so he can't use his mental telepathy to pull our guns out of our hands...the felt targets last in the rain.

View attachment 415467
Santa - Satan... Same letters, different order... Ho, ho, ho, ho, no....

The skeleton was only a dollar, but everyone went "nuts" over shooting it! It was resilient enough to take a couple hundred hits from .22, 9mm, .40, and .45 until he split in two.

By the time I got back to the store, all the Halloween decorations were put away...:confused:

IMG_20171112_155454806_HDR.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top