JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactive targets. Doesn't matter if it's steel plates or a shook up can of Diet Coke. Getting a visual indication of a hit always makes it more exciting.

If those are not an option, then try looking for targets that are games like darts or battleship.

Maybe get some targets with numbered zones. Everyone gets a predetermined number of shots and antes up a dollar. Add up your scores and the winner takes the pot. Switch from long to medium to short range targets if possible.

A variety of firearms to shoot...is always fun...plus the aforementioned reactive targets...
Things like spent shotgun shells and that odd colored rock are also neat to shoot at as well.

Shooting at playing cards...either to split the card edge wise...or trying for a poker hand / 21 with the back of the cards facing you is a challenge.
Andy

When people like something they challenge themselves to do better. All games are the same, from video to cards people who like it work hard to be good at it. A simple golf ball to shoot at has everything in a challenging fun thing to shoot at. Small reactive targets keep it fun, neco wafers, empty shotgun shells, ear plugs,sticks anything small that you can see you hit. Enjoy.

Reactive targets. Doesn't matter if it's steel plates or a shook up can of Diet Coke. Getting a visual indication of a hit always makes it more exciting.

If those are not an option, then try looking for targets that are games like darts or battleship.
If shooting on public land, please make sure to pick up said shook up cams of soda. Also know your laws and rules when shooting on public lands some areas you can be cited for shooting this type of stuff.

Steel targets are becoming readily more available and inexpensive. They are way more enjoyable to shoot than paper. One investment in a steel target system will last forever. Dueling trees are extremely fun. Or a plate rack.

Sportsman%20Plate%20Rack%20-%20MGM%20Steel%20Targets.jpg

IMG_1027-e1460468365156-675x900.jpg

gft.jpg
I have flipped the some of the most hoplophobic with these reactive targets

gun fighter tree

that little bit left in spray paint cans is fun to watch burst into colored mist..... sometimes suspended from trees or? with large sheet of paper beneath them to make art

shot gun "1oz slugs" into 1 gal jugs of water

shot gun and helium filled balloons "they are easier for newbs to hit than fast clays"

Reactive targets, always the best. Punching holes in paper is only really fun if you're working toward a goal, either accuracy for rifles, or maybe speed for competition shooting.

For new shooters, or people I'm just letting shoot for fun, I use steel plates, clay pigeons, or the rubber targets that bounce around. My range doesn't allow full cans of soda, but empty cans are fun too.

If you have a safe place for it tannerite is a blast;)

As others have said, steel is way more fun. Knock over steel targets really hook new shooters.

I also use my saved weekly water jugs for a kenetic type of display.. lots of folks love blowing stuff up, especially if its just water.

Maybe get some targets with numbered zones. Everyone gets a predetermined number of shots and antes up a dollar. Add up your scores and the winner takes the pot. Switch from long to medium to short range targets if possible.
If you turn the Target around so the numbers are not seen it makes the game more even for everyone.

If shooting on public land, please make sure to pick up said shook up cams of soda. Also know your laws and rules when shooting on public lands some areas you can be cited for shooting this type of stuff.

Steel targets are becoming readily more available and inexpensive. They are way more enjoyable to shoot than paper. One investment in a steel target system will last forever. Dueling trees are extremely fun. Or a plate rack.

And don't we wish we lived in a world where that could go without saying.

On the topic of risk abatement, also remember to be careful with steel targets when fire season is upon us.

I still want to try my clay target buy in winner take all game - example - it will be by By gun 'class' say lever action with open irons at 100 yards, revolver with open irons at 25 and scoped centerfire at 200 etc. 25 clays at x amount per (.50 c - $1.00) and you have 25 shots to take at them. High score wins the pot. Location may be a problem as technically it is gambling but a fun way to spice up a day of shooting!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top