JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
ZAMAK is a zinc alloy.

No steel in it.
1701495999084.png

At what point would you consider a gun to be "high end"? It's price? Level of quality regardless of price? Exclusivity, such as a run of 500 units only? Maybe it's tiers within a manufacturer such as the difference between a Springfield garrison 1911 and their TRP 1911...

I know $1000 isn't very high on the price tier for a 1911 but it's VERY high on the price for a polymer 9.

Just food for thought
Anything over $300 is high end for me :D

True no matter how "High End " if you have to send it back that is bs whilst the High Point still Chugg's along with no complaints ! Meanwhile at least you got a cool sticker bro lol .
This is why I'll have a hard time buying a Kimber.
My wife bought one for me as a present. A bolt action Montana. Brand new in 30-06.
Ever hear of a bolt gun that wouldn't consistently feed?
Me, either, until that gun.

To me a high end gun it has to have wide collector interest, amazing condition for it's age and a classic design.
What comes to mind is a Vintage classic "Masterpiece".
1959 production K-22 "Masterpiece"
1701519012894.png
1949 production K-38 "Masterpiece"
1701519327319.png

This is why I'll have a hard time buying a Kimber.
My wife bought one for me as a present. A bolt action Montana. Brand new in 30-06.
Ever hear of a bolt gun that wouldn't consistently feed?
Me, either, until that gun.
Kimbers are not high end guns, no matter what their marketing hype says. If you compare like models with the same features to the likes of Springfield and Ruger the Kimbers fall short, cost more and have very poor customer service.

Kimbers are not high end guns, no matter what their marketing hype says. If you compare like models with the same features to the likes of Springfield and Ruger the Kimbers fall short, cost more and have very poor customer service.
For the price tag, that Montana should have been a fantastic rifle. It wasn't. And even after it went back to Kimber, it still didn't feed. Why? because they only addressed the aesthetic/cosmetic issues. Fortunately I was able to buy my Ruger back and sold that pig. I sold it with complete disclosure and have zero regrets about that sale.
Oh, unlike Ruger or S&W, I had to pay to send it back for warranty "repair".

At least Kimber's marketing department is high end. Man do they put out a lotta glossy full-page ads or what? And many of those guns are sure purdy. :s0108:

In fairness, I've never had any trouble with the three Kimber pistols I've owned, other than the fiber optic front sight busting out on about the third shot with the Micro 9 (it came with replacement fiber). I didn't buy any of the three. Two came from RMEF banquets and the other from a Friends of NRA banquet. Well, the NRA one I think I did "win" by holding my hand in the air longer than anyone else, so I sorta bought it. It's an officer's model 1911 and I really do like shooting it. With what they must spend on marketing though...

When I was still real new to firearms in general, back in 2011, I decided every man (woman?) needed a 1911. After fondling several makes at Sportsman's I decided on a Kimber Stainless II. Don't even remember why now? Probably saw it in a gun rag or something. It cost $909.00 at Keith's back then. The others I'd handled were in the neighborhood of 5-7+ bills, as I recall. I've probably put around 700 rnds through that? Not a single malfunction that I can recall. Been loading for it from shortly after getting it. Having more experience now, I know the factory trigger is nice. Wifey likes the feel of that Kimber. Recently we decided to get a Springfield Ronin in 9mm, for US. Figured wifey would appreciate the lesser recoil. That Springfield? At $839.00 as recall? Has a terrible trigger! I don't think we have another single action trigger, that is crunchy like that, in the safe? Not impressed one little bit with Springfield.
Maybe it's just a fluke? And maybe I just got lucky I never had to send that Kimber back to the shop?

I knew my post would ruffle the Kimber Fanboyz feathers. They do make some good guns or they couldn't stay in business for long. But honestly, everyone has or at least heard of a bad Kimber experience. I was living in the Clackamas/Oregon City area when Kimber decided to move to New York and be a big time gun manufacturer. They did a bunch of scum bag bubblegum back then and I will not support a company like that.

Not a Kimber "fan boy" at all. Just my experience, from a relative noobs point of view with the Kimber I bought. I/we have been quite lucky I'd say with the purchases we've made these few years. As noobs. Well, except for the first gun, a POS Keltec PF-9. And there should be some blame on the cute little blonde at Gun Broker on SE 82nd drive that didn't suggest that the PF-9 maybe wasn't appropriate for a first gun for a girl.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top