JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I question why so many "high end" guns get listed after such little use.

Staccato…. cough….. cough. And of course there are many other "high end" brands that seem to show up pretty regularly in classifieds.

Buyers remorse or what?
Definitely buyer's remorse. 4 figures can buy a lot of gas and groceries or pay a lot of bills. Even a month's rent/mortgage rather than having a safe queen you're too worried to put wear on

I question why so many "high end" guns get listed after such little use.

Staccato…. cough….. cough. And of course there are many other "high end" brands that seem to show up pretty regularly in classifieds.

Buyers remorse or what?
Plenty of variables too explain this situation. Having money to pre-order multiple 2011 style guns isn't exactly the top of economic food chain, but definitely enough to throw 10k around on a whim. Order 3 or 4 of the same basic platform and decide which one to keep later. I've seen motorcycle guys throw around more money than that.

Plenty of variables too explain this situation. Having money to pre-order multiple 2011 style guns isn't exactly the top of economic food chain, but definitely enough to throw 10k around on a whim. Order 3 or 4 of the same basic platform and decide which one to keep later. I've seen motorcycle guys throw around more money than that.
Must be nice. Haha. I guess I don't get to play in that "high end" group. Either that or I just refuse to be in debt outside of my mortgage….

Quality - A gun that runs and I can trust my life with.

If it jams, malfunctions, has to be sent back to the factory, can't handle any kind of distress, torture, foreign debris, etc. I don't care how fancy it looks or how much it costs. It serves no purpose to me.

They are all working guns. Not safe queens. Atleast in my house.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Must be nice. Haha. I guess I don't get to play in that "high end" group. Either that or I just refuse to be in debt outside of my mortgage….
Oh , it's not me either. I do see it often enough to understand tho.
Another variable with the six figure crowd is that they sometimes work ridiculously long hours. The money for toys is there, but time isn't. Thus, new or barely used stuff piles up in their life. I, personally, fall into this category. But, it's the lowest end version of it. Constantly buying cheap/ mid-range stuff and never really using it.

I have 3 Remington firearms...
And while none of the 3 ( 1962 Wingmaster , 1941 510 , 1942 512 ) were ever meant to be "high end" when they were made , they are high end to me...especially when oompared to many firearms of today.

All three have
Walnut stocks...
Excellent fit and finish...
A large amount of hand fitting. / finishing...
No plastic...

Of course all of the above appeal to me....and may not be the same for someone else.
Andy

Last Edited:
If I'm wanting to sell it = HIGH END

If I'm wanting to buy it = NOT
Don't forget to use words like "vintage" and "match" to really embellish it when selling. If they still won't budge, you can always pull out the RARE card. Hard-to-find and limited run may suffice as well.

Don't forget to use words like "vintage" and "match" to really embellish it when selling. If they still won't budge, you can always pull out the RARE card. Hard-to-find and limited run may suffice as well.
Or "discontinued" even when it's listed for sale directly on the manufacturer's site

Or "discontinued" even when it's listed for sale directly on the manufacturer's site
That one has LONG been a strange one to me. Some piece of 💩 is discontinued so suddenly everyone wants one :confused:
Often something nice is for some reason discontinued but, often it is done for good reason. One famous one was that little pot metal .22 IJ made. The one the slide would fly off following the bullet. They quit making them and suddenly everyone wanted one. I sold the last one I had for so much I felt guilty but the damn guy wanted it real bad. Another was those damn pistols that fired from an open bolt. When feds said no more those went insane. Unless you wanted to illegally convert one to full auto they were worthless. You could not hit anything unless it was an accident. I sat on a couple of them until someone was willing to pay me like 5 times what I paid for mine and laughed all the way home.

I agree with @Andy54Hawken . Some of my guns were not considered "high end" when they were built, but the quality far exceeds what you can buy for a reasonable price these days.
Hell, even my Marlin 81DL, the lowly tube fed 22 rifle is much better quality than about anything under a grand today.
How about my 2 Pre-64 Winchester Model 70s? The newest one was built in 1951.
Or my 1917 Winchester 1894?
Or the Remington 03-A3?
Or the first year Model 600?

Many wold consider my Dan Wesson 1911 as "somewhat" high end.

I can't afford an Ed Brown of a Nighthawk Custom 1911, but all of the guns I have are excellent quality and extremely reliable.
That's what matters to me.

By the way, Andy's front stuffers are obviously well built, with some being close to 200 years old and still very functional.
That's something to aspire to. Will anyone's "high end" guns be able to top that?

Quality - A gun that runs and I can trust my life with.

If it jams, malfunctions, has to be sent back to the factory, can't handle any kind of distress, torture, foreign debris, etc. I don't care how fancy it looks or how much it costs. It serves no purpose to me.

They are all working guns. Not safe queens. Atleast in my house.
True no matter how "High End " if you have to send it back that is bs whilst the High Point still Chugg's along with no complaints ! Meanwhile at least you got a cool sticker bro lol .

That one has LONG been a strange one to me. Some piece of 💩 is discontinued so suddenly everyone wants one :confused:
Often something nice is for some reason discontinued but, often it is done for good reason. One famous one was that little pot metal .22 IJ made. The one the slide would fly off following the bullet. They quit making them and suddenly everyone wanted one. I sold the last one I had for so much I felt guilty but the damn guy wanted it real bad. Another was those damn pistols that fired from an open bolt. When feds said no more those went insane. Unless you wanted to illegally convert one to full auto they were worthless. You could not hit anything unless it was an accident. I sat on a couple of them until someone was willing to pay me like 5 times what I paid for mine and laughed all the way home.
As somewhat of a collector myself I fall into this category. I like the weird and quirky, mostly for wall hangers and to keep for posterity, but I will shoot them if it is safe to do so. The ones that are not safe to shoot just sit as a relic to be looked at and discussed, nothing more than an interesting novelty. The more disposable income I make the more I am willing to indulge in this hobby.

Now I also like functional and well made, but they fall into a different category of collecting.

Yeah "motorcycle guys" they know how to waste some serious cash :eek:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top