JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My most treasured is my Colt Diamondback .22 blued with 6" barrel. It was my dream revolver, purchased new from the White Elephant on Division St. in Spokane around 1980.
Actually, my buddy bought it for me, as he knew I totally lusted for one and they were very hard to find. The White Elephant price? $279.00 + tax (which was probably only 4% back then. Shows you how long ago it was.)
My buddy at that time really wanted a new S&W Model 28 Highway Patrolman with a 6" barrel, also hard to find. I happened to be living in Aberdeen, he was in Cheney, and worked in Spokane and kept a close eye on the White Elephant inventory. It just so happened that at the same time my dream Diamondback appeared in Spokane, a new Model 28 showed up at Failor's Sports Shop in Aberdeen. So we purchased each others revolvers, and then had the quandary of how to make the switch as we had other commitments, yet couldn't wait to get our hands on our new handguns. We decided we needed to meet in Ellensburg at 8:00 a.m. the following Saturday morning, which meant leaving Aberdeen at like 4:00 a.m. It was awesome! Made the rendezvous, swapped boxes and then headed south together down Canyon road to find a place where we could quickly squeeze off a few rounds before we each reversed course back home with our new toys.
That buddy became my best man at my wedding a year or so later, and was my hunting and fishing buddy for years. Sadly we drifted apart, as his marriage dissolved, and he passed away a little over 2 years ago. Still I won't ever forget my buddy, Bill, and his special delivery of my most treasured firearm.

I would say it's my 1976 Colt 1911 .45 acp (pre Gold Cup) National Match that was given to me after my best friend died of cancer.
He was obsessed by Y2K and that led him into buying all sorts of end of days supplies, most of them being firearms/ammo and MRE's
This beautiful old Colt 1911 was buried in his backyard inside an old ammo can, along with a bunch of cash and 100 rds of ammo.
His widow told me about it and said that she wanted the cash, but I could keep the pistol.
I've mounted an original Colt Ace .22 slide to the frame and it's a real joy to shoot with it's great trigger and it's very accurate too.

I would say it's my 1976 Colt 1911 .45 acp (pre Gold Cup) National Match that was given to me after my best friend died of cancer.
He was obsessed by Y2K and that led him into buying all sorts of end of days supplies, most of them being firearms/ammo and MRE's
This beautiful old Colt 1911 was buried in his backyard inside an old ammo can, along with a bunch of cash and 100 rds of ammo.
His widow told me about it and said that she wanted the cash, but I could keep the pistol.
I've mounted an original Colt Ace .22 slide to the frame and it's a real joy to shoot with it's great trigger and it's very accurate too.

jbett, I also have a gift gun from my best friend who died long before his time. This pistol, a stainless S&W "J" frame with a 3" barrel and adjustable sights, is beyond price to me! I can see that you enjoy your 1911 as much as I do my Smith. My little revolver shoots very nicely too, BTW.

2 weeks after I got back from a tour in Iraq my grandfather called me and told me to come down to Yuma and pick up his guns because he said he knew he was going to be checking out soon. I hopped on the next flight out and spent a week with him. My grandfather served in an air commando wing in 5 tours in Vietnam. I talked with him, I fed him and I prayed with him. I sat by his side hoping God would let no pain come upon that man as he took him and he answered with mercy. My grandfather passed in his sleep a couple days after I flew home with all of his guns that he trusted me to keep in the family. Every single one of those guns is my pride and joy.

Here is mine, A 74C Browning hi power worked over by Jim Garthwaite.

IMG_2871_zps43b860d8.jpg

As the first born child(of 2), first born grandchild(of 19) and first born great-grandchild(of 94) I have been "in charge" of many family possessions and recently doled out several family firearms to the next generation. All of them have incredible meaning and importance to us, but 4(four) I kept for myself and my children when I am gone.

I kept my maternal Grandfather's 1942 Winchester M1 Carbine, my Father's Winchester '94 .30-30, the Ithaca 49 Saddle Gun single-shot .22lr that was given to me for my 7th birthday as my first firearm, and my paternal Grandfather's S&W .38 Victory Model that he carried as a training pilot during WWII. He didn't see combat, but died(in 1989) with bullet fragments in his leg from a training run that accidentally loaded live rounds in 2 of what I believe were 6 planes in the sky. Whoops.

I kept those and parted with an additional 8 firearms to various nieces and nephews. FWIW, the numbers that I mentioned of children/grandchildren/great-grandchildren is only my Mother's side. We have a BIG family.

I believe it's also worth mentioning by biggest regret BY FAR. At the age of 9, I shot my first deer with a very old Winchester '92 Deluxe in .25-20. I sold that rifle years ago and now it is worth more money than I can hardly stand. It was beautiful and I got fair market value at the time. The problem is, it's now a legitimate $10k rifle AND I used it to shoot my first big game. I will never see another one, much less the same one that I sold and even if I did, I wouldn't have the $8-15k to get it back.

My Great-Grandfather's winchester model 1892 (25-20 - anyone know of a source for this ammo btw?)

He and my Grandfather carried it on many hunting trips out in Prineville.

Unless Colt's records are wrong, they were first brought out in 1983, as a non firing pin model.
They used the Series 70 barrel and collet bushing, and had a "70G" serial number prefix.

The regular Series 80 models did come out in 1983, but the Combat Gov model did not have the firing pin safety.

The Combat Gov model did incorporate the firing pin safety in both 84 & 85, and was replaced by the Combat Elite in '86, pictured here;

My 1986 Combat Elite;

View attachment 182478

If you have earlier versions, pleeeeeeeeeeeez post some pics...would love to see them.

Bought my Colt Combat Elite in 1987 but don't know what year it was manufactured. The date on my receipt is 11/21/87 but when I went to the Colt web site and looked up the date it said 1989 which is wrong. I've done a bit of work on her including top drawer Wilson Combat parts (hammer, trigger, beaver tail, and the guts you can't see, Hogue grips (had them install the Colt medallions for me), Trijicon HD night sights. Trigger breaks clean at 4 lbs 3 oz.

IMG_0049.JPG

Love the M14's.....here is my pride and joy, Smith Ent receiver, GI parts complete with the oh so fun selector switch :D Paid $1175 for it back in 1989.

Some footage of it in this video.

Shooting on Labor Day on Vimeo

View attachment 199813

LOL!!! I love 'em too! I'm looking at a photo, on my wall abt 12X18 showing me holding your rifle's older sister in 1969 Korea! An M1-A NM is one of my favorites.

Too late to take a picture right now but my pride and joy would have to be my HK SP89. She came with 16 mags (8 30rd and 8 40-rd'ers) - as if I could ever lug all that, LOL. And it's not like I could wear her on my hip, either - gotta carry that sexy beast in a bag - but I love her nonetheless! I suppose my two runner ups would be my Benelli M2 Tac and an old Ithaca 87 Police Special. The wood furniture on the Ithaca is absolutely GORGEOUS!

My pride and joy firearm is one of my FALs. Got into the building addiction and now they seem to multiply. But this one is special to me. FMAP receiver built on matching numbers Argentine kit.

image_14.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR