JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
g1_types_a_b.gif IMG_1532.JPG

This is my BGS FAL A from 1956. I have the original wood and the metal handguards but replaced them with Bastogne Walnut. Doesn't shoot that well sadly but I love it. First home built rifle.

Browning flash hider, high rear site, open eared gas block. Matching serial numbers. Enterprise type 1 receiver with custom serial number to match parts kit.

Last Edited:
I know, I know, this is heresy, but I think of my firearms as tools. I don't name them.
I use them. Each one has it's purpose, big game, small game, SHTF, CC, or just punching paper. I take good care of them and try to keep each tuned to it's (and my) maximum performance level. :cool:

Well sure, they are tools! They certainly have an inate beauty! If you walk through a machine shop, wood shop or the like you also see beautiful tools.
As to firearms, humans have a long history of naming the weapons that fed or protected them. You not naming yours doesnt make you a bad person!

Just untrustworthy and a little............odd.o_O

;)

My favorite? Well, I have a bunch of favorites, but if I was to pick the most favoritist of them all???

A little history first. Back in the early seventies, when Andy and Bax was a great gun store, they had a pile of used Ruger Security Sixes. Used, because they were demo models that had been sent to gun writers, returned to Ruger, cleaned up, and then sold as used guns. Seems to me they were $107. I bought one, an early model Security Six, low-back, with fixed sights. Remember, the first Security Sixes were available as either fixed or adjustable sights. With the advent of what we call the high-back version, the fixed sight model was renamed the Police Service Six. This gun was so easy to shoot, and was very accurate. It was easy to field strip for cleaning. It truly was a winner for Ruger, and a winner for me. Got out of the Army in 1975. Some years later I was out of work and joined the National Guard. I was sent to a school on the east coast, where lo-and-behold, I was trained to repair Ruger double action revolvers. Until then, I had no idea the Army was augmenting the inventory of Victory model Smith and Wesson revolvers with the newer Ruger Police Service Sixes.

Cut to the chase...I've owned a large assortment of Security/Speed/Police Service Sixes over a lot of years, and they continue to be a wonderful piece of machinery. My favorite revolvers of any kind. And there are a huge number of variations. Some variations are major, some very minor. The Security Six is an adjustable sight gun with a square grip. The collectors know of a batch of Security Sixes that were round-butted from the factory, after the fact that they were originally released as a square butt. Ruger kept no documentation of exactly which ones received this treatment, but there is a serial number range that received this modification. I have a round-butt Security Six that resides in this serial number range, so I've always hoped it was one of the factory conversions. The robust, and rounded grips and gripframes make this revolver a pleasure to shoot. And as all Security Sixes that I've owned, this one is highly accurate, even with the 2-3/4" barrel.

GEDC0028.jpg GEDC0375.jpg

Last Edited:
Thanks for showing some really interesting guns. I don't have anything special but there's the Ruger M77 .270 that's been on every hunting trip since the mid 1970's. I love that gun.

I have a mint Ruger stainless, bull barrel .22lr pistol that says "Made in the 200th Year of American Liberty" on the barrel that I'll always keep. I still have the red box and the receipt.

I have a Remington Nylon 66 .22 rifle that I bought at Bud's Hardware in Joseph so I could go ground squirrel hunting while visiting up there. I'd never heard of that type of hunting or a Nylon 66 before but I fell in love with both things that day.

Cheers

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top