JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I took a deer with one last year- but it was the much newer XTR featherweight. I have been wanting to find a pre-war, pre 64 and it seems to have found me!

I have a few on the list

#1. is to finish building the Savage 111 based .35 Whelen I been collecting parts for
then in no particular order

Henry Frontier in .22MAG
Remington 552 .22
357/38spl lever action carbine
Open Top 1872 Colt in .44spl 5" bbl
.40cal Ohio style squirrel rifle (I'll most likely have to build this one)

Got the Ruger Precision in 22lr today, next is the 22wmr I think.

Followed by a.

Girson Regard MC BX 9mm
S&W M&P 2.0 10mm 4.6"
The RPR is not too bad of a rifle, keep it dry though. Mine rusted the barrel on the way home from the range where it was only humid that day. The stock is very good (on paper when reading about it) but not something to truly get excited about. As far as accuracy goes, it is on par with most bolt action 22's, not quite like the Anschutz's my daughter competes with but those are a whole different level. The trigger will break in and become very nice. I primarily use mine with the suppressor attached for long range "quiet sniping". That's when I can pry it away from my kids! They freaking love it.

The RPR is not too bad of a rifle, keep it dry though. Mine rusted the barrel on the way home from the range where it was only humid that day. The stock is very good (on paper when reading about it) but not something to truly get excited about. As far as accuracy goes, it is on par with most bolt action 22's, not quite like the Anschutz's my daughter competes with but those are a whole different level. The trigger will break in and become very nice. I primarily use mine with the suppressor attached for long range "quiet sniping". That's when I can pry it away from my kids! They freaking love it.
I'm waiting on my can still, I'm liking the accuracy on the Marlin 60, sighted it in at 25yds with penny sized grouping, got the precision to hopefully do a bit better. Plan to sight them in at 50yds tomorrow if I don't get called in to the gun store, lol. May even see what I can sight in for 100yds...

I'm new to precision shooting, decided the other week to get into it and I'm doing it on the cheap, will see how far I can get it, on the cheap.

I'm waiting on my can still, I'm liking the accuracy on the Marlin 60, sighted it in at 25yds with penny sized grouping, got the precision to hopefully do a bit better. Plan to sight them in at 50yds tomorrow if I don't get called in to the gun store, lol. May even see what I can sight in for 100yds...

I'm new to precision shooting, decided the other week to get into it and I'm doing it on the cheap, will see how far I can get it, on the cheap.
After you get some time on it to get to know it let me know, I've got some Eley 22lr I'd give you a box to see what your rifle can do. It'll take a while before you become more accurate than the ammo you are using with a new rifle though. I realized that my ammo was holding me back after somewhere around the 2500 mark but, everyone is different. My groups shrank marginally but noticeably after the switch.

After you get some time on it to get to know it let me know, I've got some Eley 22lr I'd give you a box to see what your rifle can do. It'll take a while before you become more accurate than the ammo you are using with a new rifle though. I realized that my ammo was holding me back after somewhere around the 2500 mark but, everyone is different. My groups shrank marginally but noticeably after the switch.
How good is the Eley ammo, I saw some I was going to look up and see if it was worth getting, I may swing by tomorrow or Friday and buy it all if worth it.

20220615_174803.jpg

Lots of threads on what you bought, but everyone knows the correct number of guns is just one more so what's next for you. What is that one you've been working and saving for and are almost there?
For me it's a Walnut stocked Springfield M1-A Loaded.
Nothing in guns.

I may be interested in another axe for my 72nd birthday this summer if I should live so long as the saying goes.

Take care.

Cate

How good is the Eley ammo, I saw some I was going to look up and see if it was worth getting, I may swing by tomorrow or Friday and buy it all if worth it.

View attachment 1222289
We use Eley Club mostly, but Eley Tenex is their best. It has been told to me that Tenex will make a round hole group regardless of number of shots of rifle were perfectly mounted in a vice, eliminating all human input. Eley Club would be slightly oval, may just be folklore.

We use Eley Club mostly, but Eley Tenex is their best. It has been told to me that Tenex will make a round hole group regardless of number of shots of rifle were perfectly mounted in a vice, eliminating all human input. Eley Club would be slightly oval, may just be folklore.
Based on the 2 box colors, any way to tell which is which?

Based on the 2 box colors, any way to tell which is which?
I'm not that familiar with their entire lineup, just what the shooters use in precision competition at the Jr Olympic National Championships. Eley was a large player, Lapua Midas was another big player. In all honesty though, I don't believe our Rugers are capable of even noticing a difference. They are accurate, but not Anschutz, Walther, or Fienwerkbau accurate, those are a whole different level.

Lately I can't stop thinking about this thing.
1657065120593.jpeg
For inquiring minds, it's a savage 212 bolt action shotgun. I'd cut it back to 18" or shorter! Thread it for a Salvo adapter and mess around with it!

This little guy...

PSA AR10 308.

With the upcoming 5.56 shortage and increased prices, I decided to go with the far safer AR10 using that hunting round instead of the evil 5.56

Screenshot_20220711-233723_Chrome.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top