JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
is it possible you can participate here in conversations where you can just agree to disagree when you cant reach a consensus?

So suddenly Im being "woke"... I must be doing something wrong? Its me isn't it, how embarrassing, I should re-examine my opinions then... more gaslighting. Its reaching a new low.
A lot of your comments are thought provoking and challenge the status quo here, I like that, its important to challenge our own biases. Ive never considered you the troll others block you for that.... But it seems like your driven by an agenda to call out others faults or expose them wrong instead of genuine conversation where we both can learn from each other. I really don't know what your motivation here is but if you want to have a genuine conversation do so but if your motive is using tactics to manipulate the conversation wont work here. Im reachin out here RX, I like your thought provoking challenges but can you contribute here positively?
I also appreciate your openness to discussion, which is why I do not understand your recent decision to use the buzz word "gaslighting" rather than just say what is on your mind, and why you complained about democracy as an ailment. It's all we've got. There is no useful way to avoid deciding how a society functions other than the majority voicing their opinion - whether that is via a representative or directly on an issue.

You should keep in mind that I receive a tremendous amount of abuse on this website for voicing my minority opinion, so you'll pardon me for not always doing so with cheer.

Quoted from Nosferatu:
Yeah, it was more aimed towards those who continue to engage. I can appreciate a dissenting opinion, but she constantly just becomes argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. There's no redeeming qualities there and is a waste of what retinal output my aging eyes have left in them.

@Andy54Hawken
Is this what "ignore" is for? To make the forum easier to post insults?

Last edited by a moderator:
I also appreciate your openness to discussion, which is why I do not understand your recent decision to use the buzz word "gaslighting" rather than just say what is on your mind, and why you complained about democracy as an ailment. It's all we've got. There is no useful way to avoid deciding how a society functions other than the majority voicing their opinion - whether that is via a representative or directly on an issue.

You should keep in mind that I receive a tremendous amount of abuse on this website for voicing my minority opinion, so you'll pardon me for not always doing so with cheer.
Because I never said/suggested democracy was an ailment. False presuppositions about someones opinion is a classic bait and switch... gaslighting. I said majority rules is the antithesis of individual liberties.... maybe I'm wrong but if so it doesn't mean I hate anything. Without going down the representative vs direct rabbit hole, it sounds like you jumped the gun a little on your rebuttal. Accusing someone of hating something your disagreeing with, is gaslighting them as now the hates on them thus they are the problem... its difficult for me to believe your not aware of just how classic a manipulation tactic that is. If I jumped the gun, forgive me because it is something youve done to me here Ive called you out on, and so my guess is not just me so its at least a clue why you receive a tremendous amount of abuse here. I do admire your tenacity to stick around, I do not fail to see the genuine intent behind some of your contributions many of which are valid points others need to or should consider.

In person, maybe over a nice pint, we would hold up our hand and say "hang on there a second, what do you mean when you say . . . ."

But on here you blink and 5 more pages have dropped, post are hidden by the ignore abomin . . . feature and people have moved on from a post while other people are just finding it and reacting to it.

Is it any wonder things can go south, even on occasions when people mostly agree?

Let someone know if you need a hand.
Giggidy.

1684814792380.png

It is too bad our side is not clever enough to head this sort of thing off with clever negotiation and legislation. Fretting about it is hardly a replacement.
How do we head these things off in advance when the other side has nothing to give up in return? Give us an example if you may...
Good grief, reading the constitution, and specifically the Bill of Rights that was written before anyone alive today, or their grandparents, seems like enough "heading off in advance."

It's a simple issue, only complicated by those with agendas.

Quoted from Nosferatu:

@Andy54Hawken
Is this what "ignore" is for? To make the forum easier to post insults?
No.
However....if you have a issue regrading what someone posts I would suggest :

Contacting the person via a PM and ask about what they actually meant...
Politely without snark , accusations , passive aggressive wording , etc...
Or...Reporting the post...
Or...Use the ignore feature yourself...
Or...Don't use the ignore feature and simply skip over those forum members who you don't care for or care to read.

Something to consider here...
You don't have to read or reply to everyone on the forum....
Even those who quote you.
Andy

No.
However....if you have a issue regrading what someone posts I would suggest :

Contacting the person via a PM and ask about what they actually meant...
Politely without snark , accusations , passive aggressive wording , etc...
Or...Reporting the post...
Or...Use the ignore feature yourself...
Or...Don't use the ignore feature and simply skip over those forum members who you don't care for or care to read.

Something to consider here...
You don't have to read or reply to everyone on the forum....
Even those who quote you.
Andy
I can't PM someone who has me on ignore.
I can't report a post I can only see by logging out because they have me on ignore.

I don't read or reply to every post. But I ought to be able to read the forum without being blatantly insulted. I certainly get punished every time a mod doesn't like my word choice.

I certainly get punished every time a mod doesn't like my word choice.
That...is not true.
Since I have "defended" you and your postings , at times , when they have been reported.

Something to consider here :

It is wise to not be so in-trenched in your position , that you drown in a moat of your own making.

In any event...
I will not discuss this topic with you further over the open forum...
One...it is against forum rules to discuss moderator's actions over the open forum.
Two...I do not want to clog the thread with off topic discussion.

If you want to discuss this topic more...PM me...
Any other postings about this topic in this thread will be ignored.
Andy

Optics are evil because snipers use them.

Next ban will be sights.

:)

Bruce
Funny you say that. I just saw the new movie Fast X, and they are running guns with a flat top pic rail and absolutely no sights whatsoever. 🤦

It's no wonder the hit % was on par with The A-Team and Storm Troopers.

Years ago, my great uncle who served in WW2 he was in some top level stuff.
We were talking about CB's this was back in 1970's . And he was telling me, that the US Gov
had two way radios in vehicles, long before there were Two way radios really know.

We hear about inventors back then all the time. But we forget the Gov has not changed at all.
There are things that existed long before ( decades sometimes) we know about it.
Some even say those things invented were not released timely at all. They were done so when the
GOV has used it purpose. Reminds me of the Wild Wild West show were Tech no one had a clue.
If you hear the Gov has something? They have had it a very long time.

We are nieve If we think for a moment that this stuff is not under security, that even law makers and POTUS are clueless to even know.
Its been said in small circles, ppl I talk with, that the taking away of guns is a distraction. And they wont take them anytime soon.
But who really knows, there is so much misdirection.
We talk about having the ability to fight a Tyrannical Gov. Yet we all know that the lines are already blurring on whether Civilians
Could even defend a city, let alone a country. Many fail to see, most of us could not defend against the USA GOV,
in 1967 let alone 2023. What this distraction is for? Thats what conspiracies are for.

Argus

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR