JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
While having a conversation about a thread in another sub forum, another member and I were briefly discussing military/LE only versions of an optic (NF NX8) and I was thinking as to why an optic would be regulated and kept from civilian use. So the question begs to be asked "do you think in this zeal to take away our gun rights that they may also try to take away our ability to purchase optics and thus negate our ability to fight back against further encroachments upon our liberties and rights" (i. e. take away one more tool that would help us)

While having a conversation about a thread in another sub forum, another member and I were briefly discussing military/LE only versions of an optic (NF NX8) and I was thinking as to why an optic would be regulated and kept from civilian use. So the question begs to be asked "do you think in this zeal to take away our gun rights that they may also try to take away our ability to purchase optics and thus negate our ability to fight back against further encroachments upon our liberties and rights" (i. e. take away one more tool that would help us)
Is that oneathem smart scopes?

1684738661707.png

"As a special thank you to our customers, and for a limited time, our MIL-GOV/LE versions will be available to everyone for a special price."

It wasn't really about this particular optic, I agree that it's probably a price discount type situation. The main question was about the possibility of banning more items that could help us; if need be, to fight back.

The only reason this came to mind was because many places (cities/states) have tried and successfully banned body armor, and we know that the only reason for doing that is so when the powers that be want to take us out they don't want to have a hard time doing it. Granted you could argue they could use armor piercing bullets but that's not the point. The main idea is the systematic dismantling of our ability to defend ourselves from both the criminal element and a potentialy oppressive government.

The only reason this came to mind was because many places (cities/states) have tried and successfully banned body armor, and we know that the only reason for doing that is so when the powers that be want to take us out they don't want to have a hard time doing it. Granted you could argue they could use armor piercing bullets but that's not the point. The main idea is the systematic dismantling of our ability to defend ourselves from both the criminal element and a potentialy oppressive government.
Oregon has a law about using body armor in the commission of a crime. Have other city/states banned it entirely?

So the question begs to be asked "do you think in this zeal to take away our gun rights that they may also try to take away our ability to purchase optics and thus negate our ability to fight back against further encroachments upon our liberties and rights" (i. e. take away one more tool that would help us)
I will fight back with everything I've got as always. No take a ways done here. To rephrase my my answer, I've got 4 scoped rifles that may not be sporting the latest and greatest scopes but they are serviceable. But I will say if you feel the noose tightening around those particular scopes then you might want to buy all you can just like the more than 10 round magazines one more way of voting with your check book.

Short version, yes they will try to ban optics if they could.

Recently i read and posted about Australia banning long range rifles. Of course they are way more restrictive there having already banned self defense rifles they keep going for more.
So yes, they will ban optics here if they get that far with their agenda.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews