JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Elk. Preferably backstrap or tenderloin. Marinated in a strong, stanky beer like Fosters for hours, then drain the beer out and replace it with bar-b-que sauce and minced garlic. after soaking for a few more hours, slap 'er on the grill.

Elk. Preferably backstrap or tenderloin. Marinated in a strong, stanky beer like Fosters for hours, then drain the beer out and replace it with bar-b-que sauce and minced garlic. after soaking for a few more hours, slap 'er on the grill.

While drinking beer, right?
Sounds amazing nothing better than backstrap.

Favorite food to cook would be breakfast. Outdoors. Preferably over a wood fire, slightly chilly morning, cup-o coffee handy.
Bacon AND sausage links.
Taters baked in foil and cooled the night before to make hash browns out of.
Biscuits in the dutch oven.
Eggs, scrambled easy to perfection, just barely dry.
Roux gravy from the meat drippings drizzled/spooned over them hash browned taters.

Maybe a clear-water mountain stream trout instead of eggs, but not mandatory.
Fresh air, good coffee, a little smoke in the air, and the best food.
Life don't get no better.

Favorite food to cook would be breakfast. Outdoors. Preferably over a wood fire, slightly chilly morning, cup-o coffee handy.
Bacon AND sausage links.
Taters baked in foil and cooled the night before to make hash browns out of.
Biscuits in the dutch oven.
Eggs, scrambled easy to perfection, just barely dry.
Roux gravy from the meat drippings drizzled/spooned over them hash browned taters.

Maybe a clear-water mountain stream trout instead of eggs, but not mandatory.
Fresh air, good coffee, a little smoke in the air, and the best food.
Life don't get no better.

Ok that makes me wanna go hunting or camping :)

I also like to make breakfast for everyone when we're spending the weekend at the race track. Kind of what Jamie does only all wrapped up in one skillet and then we wrap them in burrito shells.

The other thing I like to make is a huge pot of chicken pasta salad. Always a hit at picnics.

Sounds like a plan fellas, lets do it in June or early July.
Fav things to make;
Rouladin, Deep fried pickles, Cream Cheese and green onion stuffed Poppers wrapped in bacon and breaded in panko and fried in beer. Red Beans and Rice, cheddar cheese corn bread with green onions on top, and and red meats
Fresh caught Springer Chinook or Steel Head in the smoker with Apple and plum, with a nice simple brown suger and black pepper with lemon and orange and onion on top, seared to perfection on the BBQ, not much better then that!

I also like to make breakfast for everyone when we're spending the weekend at the race track. Kind of what Jamie does only all wrapped up in one skillet and then we wrap them in burrito shells.

The other thing I like to make is a huge pot of chicken pasta salad. Always a hit at picnics.
Okay, eat the biscuits with gravy in camp, and take an egg/meat/tater burrito with ya in on the way to your deer stand.
Works for me.

One of my favorite things to cook is breakfast Southern style with bacon, maple smoked sausage patties, grits & eggs over medium, OJ & coffee.

The second favorite is fish (go figure) all fish, from halibut to catfish and my absolute favorite is Spring Salmon (springers) followed by my own recipe for Steelhead Candy and Salmon Nuggets (deep fried)!!!:s0053::s0061::s0061:

Not sure I'm into the grits, but the rest sounds darn good. In fact, most everything in this thread makes me hungry when it shouldn't!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews