JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So my wife and I are walking through Costco today and as I am watching the people and sampling the snacks ;) all I could think about was the sunshine and BBQ.

Great minds must think alike because my wife asks me what we should do for dinner. I said in a semi smart azz tone SURF & TURF :D

So BBQ steak and lobster it is!

BBQ in summer with family and friends is the best thing all day long. I like to BBQ almost anything.
Whats your favorite meal and how do you prepare it?

Way to be specific :D

on my traeger, i like to cook the following meat:

prime rib
tri tips
chuck eye
rib eye
new york strips
filet mignon
petite sirloin
flanken cut ribs

pork shoulder blade steak
pork chops
smoked pork chops
bacon
breakfast sausage

chicken thighs
chicken breast

elk steaks
elk burger
elk jerkey

deer steaks
deer burger
deer jerkey

Dang that all sounds good. You weren't kidding were you. :eek::)

i forgot to say hotdogs and bratwurst too.

cooked up some korean style ribs tonight. just finished eating...
heres the recipie:
flanken cut ribs
veri veri teriyaki sauce

take ribs and put in ziplock, pour sauce in. let sit 3-4 hours. drink beer in mean time. turn on traeger. drink 3-4 beers while traeger heats up. cook all the way thru till meat is starting to char around the edges. enjoy with more beer.

I'm super picky with meat and I don't have a smoker so the only meat I buy and cook on the grill is filet mignons from costco.

One of my favorite things to cook is a ham with honey and brown sugar glaze. The ham is awesome, but it's the 2nd day making grilled cheese with ham and tomato bisque soup

on my traeger, i like to cook the following meat:

prime rib
tri tips
chuck eye
rib eye
new york strips
filet mignon
petite sirloin
flanken cut ribs

pork shoulder blade steak
pork chops
smoked pork chops
bacon
breakfast sausage

chicken thighs
chicken breast

elk steaks
elk burger
elk jerkey

deer steaks
deer burger
deer jerkey

Really, no fish?

Really, no fish?
oh yeah. duh. i do salmon too!!

IMG_2647.JPG
^^did these while out doing this:
IMG_2654.JPG
far right is mine this past year

I really like Jambalaya on rice it's more than I want to type here so,
Jambalaya Recipe | Gimme Some Oven

I modify a bit to make it my own, you can too! More meat, andouille and more shrimps, (ya hafta say shrimps, 'cause, you know, Cajun).

I like to take my grandson up to the trout farm on Mt Hood, where, among others, we have him catch a 22"-24" rainbow! The water up there is super cold and the fishes flesh is pink, firm and delicious!
Once home, I stuff the body cavity with S&P, fresh lemon thyme, chives, and a little mint, just a couple leaves, from our garden! Then alternating slices of lemon and lime! Then carefully place the, oiled outer body on the Trager, on low! Best is alder smoke, but hickory or mesquite are fine! :) 20 or 30 min later, succulent son! :D

Last Edited:
Texas half says a full Brisket but that's an all day event.

Cali half says BBQ'd chicken breasts (first thing I cooked for my wife and still one of her favorites) - and what we ate today:D.

Tomorrow is bone in rib eye roast I had the butcher cut into three 1-1/2 steaks (just in case the kids BF shows up or else I have lunch for Monday set:p).

I like to cook on the BBQ as much as possible when it's nice and occasionally in the rain;).

Texas half says a full Brisket but that's an all day event.

Cali half says BBQ'd chicken breasts (first thing I cooked for my wife and still one of her favorites) - and what we ate today:D.

Tomorrow is bone in rib eye roast I had the butcher cut into three 1-1/2 steaks (just in case the kids BF shows up or else I have lunch for Monday set:p).

I like to cook on the BBQ as much as possible when it's nice and occasionally in the rain;).

Brisket definitely a Brisket. Don't get me wrong I like chicken but in comparison chicken sucks :p:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top