JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure what I just watched here...Nor am I understanding what "skill" is being "learned"...
But then I don't claim to be a "Level 3 Operator"....or some other such thing...So what do I know...?:D

Sadly videos like this make the rounds and are being held or shown as "proof" of just how all gun owners behave or "train"....:oops:
Andy

A095C985-BE83-40CD-84F0-A09377CBDBA3.jpeg

The bizzare part is this Looks like some sort of eastablished range with this being some kind of 'organized' training session.
I am no 'NRA Certified' instructor but my hope is those that are follow certain established training regimens and aren't making any up on their own - such as this looks like.
I did notice they were speaking English but that is certainly not an indication of intellect.

Not sure what I just watched here...Nor am I understanding what "skill" is being "learned"...
Sadly videos like this make the rounds and are being held or shown as "proof" of just how all gun owners behave or "train"....:oops:
Andy

After watching the BS they spewed in written form, the guys running this say this is "stress innoculation" and they did it to get students used to bullets flying past them, and to get used to shooting at targets with people downrange. Cuz you can't really be expected to fight or perform acts of marksmanship if you don't know what a 9mm whizzing a foot past your dome sounds like, never mind the earpro probably dulled that sound quite a lot. They said the students wanted to do it. They claim this duplicates a shoothouse environment. In reality it does none of that, and even Gary Marr contradicted the idea saying they were keeping stress to a minimum and trying to keep the guys calm so no one got hurt. I see multiple instances where shooters had close calls. And dudes fumbling their footwork - with a pistol in hand - were very careless. The final bit they used to justify this, they keep 2 med kids on site and asked students if they had medical training. Then they spouted tactical ted crap like "we had comms to ems" - yeah, its called a cell phone, and the number is 9 1 1, literally everyone has that ability. They also said they knew the shortest route to the hospital.

None of that matters, when you take a bullet to the head, or a guy gets lung shot or heart shot. The guy getting shot would be dead before ems shows up.

My 7 year old would do something that stupid, if I let him. He does not know better, or know what he doesn't know. As a responsible adult parent my job is to keep him out of danger and educate him. These instructors take on that responsible adult role, and the students that of a young child. But I guess these instructors need more responsible adult supervision themselves.

Square ranges build fundamentals and techniques. Stress innoculation can be done using sim rounds. Shooters / gun fighters have been learning how to fight, and putting that to use in the world for centuries without doing stupid crap like this.

This makes gun owners look stupid, and is evidence that the high-speed low-drag nonsense has reached peak-retard. Its a way guys with money can LARP as real operational operators operating, then go home to their boring lives. They could get real experience in the national guard or army reserves and get a shot at the real thing, bit they don't.

You never "get used to" bullets whizzing past you. That's Action-Jackson movie BS. :rolleyes:
Speaking only for myself , I have at various times "accepted the fact" , that bullets will be or are headed my way....but that should by no means ever get confused with "get used to"....:eek::D
'Cause , yeah that is BS , at least in my limited experience.
Andy

Speaking only for myself , I have at various times "accepted the fact" , that bullets will be or are headed my way....but that should by no means ever get confused with "get used to"....:eek::D
'Cause , yeah that is BS , at least in my limited experience.
Andy

"Accepting" that there may be a bullet "with your name on it", doesn't diminish the effort required to control you breathing & heart rate, keeping your legs under you, or your bladder in check! ;):D

I was a bit confused...…………. At first I thought it was what we back home call a ''Square Dance''.
But where are the women? :s0108:

On the phone with the insurance guy, making sure hubbys policy is up to date. If anyone gets a gift cert to one of these classes, ya may wanna retain a divorce lawyer and have the neighbor test your food before eating it :D

After watching the BS they spewed in written form, the guys running this say this is "stress innoculation" and they did it to get students used to bullets flying past them, and to get used to shooting at targets with people downrange. Cuz you can't really be expected to fight or perform acts of marksmanship if you don't know what a 9mm whizzing a foot past your dome sounds like
What exactly do these 'students' think they are training for? A weekend in Afghanistan?
What scares me is the blind ignorance of those attending this training, and seemingly oblivious to the obvious danger.
Sorry but anyone who would subject themselves to essentially standing in the 'line of fire' on the pretense and belief it is some form of 'training' are delusional and will most likely be a danger to themselves, or others, if they are not already.
Can you imagine what might happen when some of these 'students' suggest to their friends they participate in a 'demonstration' of what they recently learned?

I don't know, it could be that they're just channeling their inner chimp genes.
There's been a lot of studies lately in why chimpanzees fling poop and they've found it's because of they are exercising their high ordered behavior.

800px-Schimpanse_zoo-leipig.jpg

"Hopkins and his team have focused their research on chimpanzees, mainly due they say, to the fact that chimps are our closet living relative and that they are the only other species besides humans that regularly throw things with a clear target in mind. He and his team have been watching chimps in action for several years and comparing their actions with scans of their brains to see if there were any correlations between those chimps that threw a lot, and those that didn't or whether they're accuracy held any deeper meaning. Surprisingly, they found that chimps that both threw more and were more likely to hit their targets showed heightened development in the motor cortex, and more connections between it and the Broca's area, which they say is an important part of speech in humans. The better chimp throwers, in other words, had more highly developed left brain hemispheres, which is also, non-coincidently, where speech processing occurs in people".

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2011-11-poop-throwing-chimps-intelligence.html#jCp

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads