JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But Remington is in NY right now and NY is very restricted state along with all of the New England States. So is Ilinois and Colorado. Didn't Magpul reloacate to Wyoming? I know my Armalite AR was made in Geneseo, IIinois based on my the lower receiver says but my AR was back in 2010/2011. I know Armalite relocated for Phoenix, Arizona.

Here is hoping that the move brings on a return to a quality product.
I have :a :
1962 20 gauge Wingmaster...
1941 510...
1942 512...
All three come from a era of pride in workmanship as well as ownership.
All three are fine firearms.
Andy

Last Edited:
Maybe Remington won't be associated with pure trash in the future, but it'll take a long time to shake that reputation. Until then, I'll continue shooting skeet with my beautiful 1965 Wingmaster.
Yes really how can something so sweet turn into something sour the 870 is the pinacol of shotguns bar none haters are going to hate just about all Special Ops/units use 870's even the Germans lol that says something when Hk cannot even compete ! PS the Fabarms abomination does not count in the least !

Yes really how can something so sweet turn into something sour the 870 is the pinacol of shotguns bar none haters are going to hate just about all Special Ops/units use 870's even the Germans lol that says something when Hk cannot even compete ! PS the Fabarms abomination does not count in the least !
"The 870 is the best!" That was all I ever heard, so I finally bought one around 2012. It was brand new, purchased at the LGS. I had to send it back for repair 3 times before I could finish a single box of shells.

I put over 50,000 rounds through my Benelli and never had a single failure or broken part in 5 years of hard use. Hell, I never even needed to replace a single part on it!

Add onto that, that the only failures to fire that I have ever had with a rifle all came from Remington/Remington owned companies, and I can't think of a single thing they could do now or in the future that would ease my mind to the point that I would buy their product.

No, it's because they relied on their name and history only, and have been producing garbage for a couple of decades. Remington 870, their 1911 and the R-380 come to mind.
My 870 trap gun is from this era, it is both a beautiful gun and shooter. The Remington 1911 IMHO were the absolute best 1911s for the money during their run. The 783 bolt guns had great triggers for a budget gun and my wife's .243 is a tack driver. I know there have been some QC issues but all the ones I've had personal experience with through friends and family have been fine. The R-380...well I got nothing on that.
They aren't going away; they are just closing their plant in Ilion, NY. They are consolidating all their facilities in Georgia.
Much different from the thread title.

"The 870 is the best!" That was all I ever heard, so I finally bought one around 2012. It was brand new, purchased at thehad a ft LGS. I had to send it back for repair 3 times before I could finish a single box of shells.

I put over 50,000 rounds through my Benelli and never had a single failure or broken part in 5 years of hard use. Hell, I never even needed to replace a single part on it!

Add onto that, that the only failures to fire that I have ever had with a rifle all came from Remington/Remington owned companies, and I can't think of a single thing they could do now or in the future that would ease my mind to the point that I would buy their product.
Sounds like you got a bad egg 30+ years of dealing with the 870 civilian and LE even when a unknown armorer takes care of it never never have a failure to fire or feed never !

Sounds like you got a bad egg 30+ years of dealing with the 870 civilian and LE even when a unknown armorer takes care of it never never have a failure to fire or feed never !

My issue was the ejector spring. It broke in the exact same fashion 3 times. The second and third time Remington said I needed to pay for the repair. On a shiny new POS? I don't think so. Love the old wingmasters, but there are many better options in every category of firearm without Remington.

Yes it was a American Icon but... who doesn't make a 700 action and if not as good better ? Their time has passed greedy Ceo's and top heavy manager's probably killed it off it was and is the culture now you can only pillage so much !

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top