JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He doen like black rifles!!! Even ifn ya paints em, dey still gots some Eeeevil features. How many times he gotta say it? o_O

I said nothing about liking or not liking Black rifles I said I don't DO black rifles. they are just fine for those into them they just aren't my thing to play with.

And I have rifles with hand guards bayonet lugs mag fed etc. No hand grips but then so what they have pistol grips which work the same. Just not Black or in the Black family LOL.

AND NO I AM NOT GUN RACIST.

Was it as pretty as mine, I did the stock from the rough turned condition, the wood is Spalted Sycamore and drop dead beautiful. I might even throw in the scope.
On a good day when my hands don't shake too much I can put 5 shots into less than half an inch, covered by a dime, the only things that aren't straight from the factory is the stock itself and the BX trigger, that is as light and crisp as I could hope for.

View attachment 341504

Right click on it and open the link.

Now let me see your old beater.

OK don't say I didn't warn you

That is a nice looking 10-22 but the reason I traded the one I had off was I never much liked it. And it was an Older version in excellent condition with a 4X Bushnell scope. I got a Mauser LARGE RING commercial action as well in the trade. With a about 1.25" D x 26" long boat anchor of a -06 barrel screwed on it I gave it to the gunsmith to make flash suppressors out of for liberating the action from it.

Last Edited:
I said nothing about liking or not liking Black rifles I said I don't DO black rifles. they are just fine for those into them they just aren't my thing to play with.

And I have rifles with hand guards bayonet lugs mag fed etc. No hand grips but then so what they have pistol grips which work the same. Just not Black or in the Black family LOL.

AND NO I AM NOT GUN RACIST.

HA!

Trying to figure out what I want.
So thinking truck gun with these requirements:
....what ya think?

When I saw the title of your post, an Earl Butz quote came to mind.... :D

Option 1: Used Beretta CX4 Storm in 40 cal, and if possible, re-chamber it for 10mm. That would be the cat's meow!

Option 2: Build a 300BO or 6.8 SPC with a 14" barrel and a pinned brake. If you shop judiciously, you can get all the parts used for <$400.

Option 3: Lastly, I'd recommend a blunt instrument: a Rem 1100 semi-auto, with the smooth barrel replaced with a rifled one (do they do that?) Fill the tube with alternating 00 buck and slugs. You're then compromising on 200 yards and killing everything out to 100.

An 18" barrel shotgun is a possibility. Or just picking up a shorter barrel for my 870 Youth 20 ga. and finding a mag extension for it. Choate makes a 3) rd Midway sells for $42-43.00 I
ll have to measure the little bugger and see if its short enough to store under the back seat in the Willys. I can pickup a synthetic stock set for it for another $85.00

Might work out OK ammo would be heavy compared to a rifle and range would be reduced but suppression fire would be improved LOL

An 18" barrel shotgun is a possibility. Or just picking up a shorter barrel for my 870 Youth 20 ga. and finding a mag extension for it. Choate makes a 3) rd Midway sells for $42-43.00 I
ll have to measure the little bugger and see if its short enough to store under the back seat in the Willys. I can pickup a synthetic stock set for it for another $85.00

Might work out OK ammo would be heavy compared to a rifle and range would be reduced but suppression fire would be improved LOL

OK don't say I didn't warn you

That is a nice looking 10-22 but the reason I traded the one I had off was I never much liked it. And it was an Older version in excellent condition with a 4X Bushnell scope. I got a Mauser LARGE RING commercial action as well in the trade. With a about 1.25" D x 26" long boat anchor of a -06 barrel screwed on it I gave it to the gunsmith to make flash suppressors out of for liberating the action from it.
If you change your mind PM me!
Rough as it is as long as the bore is decent for its age and it functions I'd love to have it. I had the round and octagon versions when I was a youngster growing up and have kicked myself for ever letting either of them get away, but what does a 14 year old know?

FWIW I carried/used a 12 gauge for my position as a park security/ranger for several years. Neither the rem 870 nor the mossie 500 were fun to shoot with the folding stocks (Choate and whatever else). Both:eek: bit the cheek and hit the shoulder. The dept got rid of the folders and went to synthetic "traditional" style. Much easier to actually FIRE, tho for CARRY I suppose the folders were easier. FWIW I shot the highest:D scores with shotgun in the dept. Of course, YMMV! Good luck

FWIW I carried/used a 12 gauge for my position as a park security/ranger for several years. Neither the rem 870 nor the mossie 500 were fun to shoot with the folding stocks (Choate and whatever else). Both:eek: bit the cheek and hit the shoulder. The dept got rid of the folders and went to synthetic "traditional" style. Much easier to actually FIRE, tho for CARRY I suppose the folders were easier. FWIW I shot the highest:D scores with shotgun in the dept. Of course, YMMV! Good luck
These work. They cost almost as much as the shotgun, but man are they nice.
AGRF 870 FK SB - M4 Folding Buttstock for Remington 870 w/ Shock Absorber - - FAB Defense - EXPECT MORE

I know that you don't care for "black guns", but the SKS is really not a black gun. My truck gun is a Norinco SKS type M, 16 inch barrel. It takes AK magazines and were fairly cheap to buy. A lot of fire power in a small package. If you have to shoot out of your truck on the move, you don't have to worry about levers or racking a slide.

16"-18" barrel MAX
Repeater could be Lever, Pump, or Semi
Mag fed would be a plus
Must hold a min of 7 rds
Must be able to hit a volley ball sized target at 100 yards and kill at 200 yards
A narrow or thin rifle a plus
Less then $400 used
.30cal or better
Scope mount a plus
Peep sights preferred for Iron

what ya think?
I love my Marlin 1894C in .357 Mag., topped with a 4x scope. Small, light and quick, though I wouldn't depend upon it's accuracy at 200 yards. I have won competitions at 100 yard gong shoots, though.

16"-18" barrel MAX
Repeater could be Lever, Pump, or Semi
Mag fed would be a plus
Must hold a min of 7 rds
Must be able to hit a volley ball sized target at 100 yards and kill at 200 yards
A narrow or thin rifle a plus
Less then $400 used
.30cal or better
Scope mount a plus
Peep sights preferred for Iron

what ya think?
I have always wanted one of these.
Hi-Point Carbine Semi Auto Rifle .45 ACP 17.5" Barrel 9 Rounds Polymer Stock Black 4595TS - 752334500021

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews