JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We have been lucky so far but the outcome of the M114 appeal could easily and quickly put us in the position that WA folks find themselves in (regarding mag availability).

Everytime I see another State suffer further restrictions, it makes me feel lucky I can still buy pretty much whatever I want. That luck will likely run out one of these days. Get some, while you can.

This is about the only thing left that I want (other than an M60 or a Sterling SMG)

IMG_0152.jpeg

I wonder how long until cowboy guns are under the knife….

This is about the only thing left that I want (other than an M60 or a Sterling SMG)

View attachment 1860624

I wonder how long until cowboy guns are under the knife….
Look at Europe for the template. First it is "scary" guns, then it is "high power" guns, then it is all guns (including air guns), then it is bows and crossbows, then it is big knives, then it is all knives, then it is pointy metal tools. . . That is where the UK is at now, banning the carry of screwdrivers and such. Where they go from there is anyone's guess, but it can only be further down the absurd rabbit hole.

Look at Europe for the template. First it is "scary" guns, then it is "high power" guns, then it is all guns (including air guns), then it is bows and crossbows, then it is big knives, then it is all knives, then it is pointy metal tools. . . That is where the UK is at now, banning the carry of screwdrivers and such. Where they go from there is anyone's guess, but it can only be further down the absurd rabbit hole.
You forgot sharp words…. Under the guise of, "hate speech" they're already trying, convicting, and confiscating assets of those who dare speak against the machine of insanity.

You have approximately 5 months to the hearing, I believe. Get on it.
If the states request for an expedited hearing is granted, oral arguments will probably be late summer, early fall. If not expedited, probably have oral arguments November/December time frame. Those are very rough estimates.

The interesting issue now is implementation of HB2005. After September 1, your unserialized 80% lower or frame, or any firearm without a serial number, needs to be taken to an 07 FFL to have it engraved according to ATF regulations. In order for the FFL to give you back your property, they must perform a background check on you and verify that you have a permit. Since there is no mechanism to acquire a permit, you've SOL. This is what happens when you "compromise" with constitutionally protected rights.

If the states request for an expedited hearing is granted, oral arguments will probably be late summer, early fall. If not expedited, probably have oral arguments November/December time frame. Those are very rough estimates.

The interesting issue now is implementation of HB2005. After September 1, your unserialized 80% lower or frame, or any firearm without a serial number, needs to be taken to an 07 FFL to have it engraved according to ATF regulations. In order for the FFL to give you back your property, they must perform a background check on you and verify that you have a permit. Since there is no mechanism to acquire a permit, you've SOL. This is what happens when you "compromise" with constitutionally protected rights.
I don't understand why that hasn't been challenged yet.

I don't understand why that hasn't been challenged yet.
The republican house members, under Vikki Breese-Iverson, posed in front of the Capitol with a check for $25,000. That check was supposed to be a down payment on the lawsuit against HB2005. I have emailed and called Iverson's office several times to find the status. I've also sent emails to Helfitch, the current minority house leader, to ask about it. Not a single email or phone call has been answered.

This is an election year. In order for us to have any hope of moving ahead, we need faith in our party leadership. Refusing to answer questions about commitments does not inspire confidence. We deserve better. Feel free to call and write both of them. Use their campaign addresses as well as the legislature ones. Do not let them get away with this kind of crap.

It would be nice if ADR Tactical would file suit given a big part of their business is 80% stuff. Seems most gun owners don't care about it. It's off most people's radar.

Kind of an impulse buy but, kind of not! I gave myself the customary ten minute debate. 😁 EAA Windicator .357 mag 2". Why? Why not?

blob.jpg

I have a month wait on two silencers and have all the pistols one could need and can order Glock uppers as well as threaded barrels after the fact .
I am tempted to buy a suppressor because of quicker turnaround times but so far I haven't been able to get past paying the Feds and opening myself up to greater scrutiny. My cabin neighbors would be glad if I bought some though.

Are there members of this board that didn't already load up during the time between the measure passed and initially went into effect? I have high capacity magazines for firearms I don't even own!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top