JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So let me get this straight a man gets his truck and trailer stolen from a hotel parking lot, then the trailer was involved in a police chase and an accident while attached to a different stolen truck, while in the meantime the original truck seems to still be missing along with the contents of the trailer.

I understand that guns are missing and that they can be used in a crime but so can the truck and it seems the trailer was headed to some dastardly deed as well. Hell, it could have ben loaded with explosives like a well-known Ryder truck and do as much damage as the guns.

Can you tell me what the guy could have done differently, he had the guns in a trailer I am assuming locked up and in a lighted area? Mabey taken all 35 of the guns in the hotel room but ever since the Nevada shooting most hotels do not like that to well.

So, if me and a buddy break into your house and steal your whole gun safe we should blame you for the theft. I am trying to find the article again from a few years ago where that is what happened, 4 guys went in to a guy's house and loaded up 2-gun safes with guns in them and drove off. They said each weighed over 1000 lbs. Safes found later cut open and empty.

If folks want your stuff bad enough, they will get it, just saying.

It would be great to live in a perfect world but we don't and we never will.

They say for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction but with humans for every good guy there is an equal and opposite bad guy! Prove me wrong.

Listed below is another article where a safe and 30 guns stolen.

https://www.kcbd.com/story/34111685/thieves-steal-lubbock-mans-safe-with-about-30-guns-inside/

400 lb safe ripped off wall 2nd one in a short time.
If you're addressing my posts, I was reacting to the general post comparing rape and gun theft. Often enough on this forum the "victim blaming" thing about leaving guns in very unsecure cars comes up. It takes seconds to break a window and pop the trunk.

In this particular case, if the trailer was very hard to break into or the guns had cables running through them, I agree that the victim did his best to secure them. And I would say the same of a someone with a cable locking their gun inside their car.

If you're addressing my posts, I was reacting to the general post comparing rape and gun theft. Often enough on this forum the "victim blaming" thing about leaving guns in very unsecure cars comes up. It takes seconds to break a window and pop the trunk.
Nope just making a general statement based on all the posts I have read. That is all.
In this particular case, if the trailer was very hard to break into or the guns had cables running through them, I agree that the victim did his best to secure them. And I would say the same of a someone with a cable locking their gun inside their car.
Even if he did all that, they stole the whole truck and trailer and if I pulled it into my shop/dark ally with a battery operated grinder and a cut off wheel all the locks would be cut off in 10 min and my bolt cutter would remove any cables he had so it would still be a done deal. It was bad folks that taken it and they probably did not even know what was in it till they opened it.

Edit spelling

Last Edited:
So let me get this straight a man gets his truck and trailer stolen from a hotel parking lot, then the trailer was involved in a police chase and an accident while attached to a different stolen truck, while in the meantime the original truck seems to still be missing along with the contents of the trailer.

I understand that guns are missing and that they can be used in a crime but so can the truck and it seems the trailer was headed to some dastardly deed as well. Hell, it could have ben loaded with explosives like a well-known Ryder truck and do as much damage as the guns.

Can you tell me what the guy could have done differently, he had the guns in a trailer I am assuming locked up and in a lighted area? Mabey taken all 35 of the guns in the hotel room but ever since the Nevada shooting most hotels do not like that to well.

So, if me and a buddy break into your house and steal your whole gun safe we should blame you for the theft. I am trying to find the article again from a few years ago where that is what happened, 4 guys went in to a guy's house and loaded up 2-gun safes with guns in them and drove off. They said each weighed over 1000 lbs. Safes found later cut open and empty.

If folks want your stuff bad enough, they will get it, just saying.

It would be great to live in a perfect world but we don't and we never will.

They say for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction but with humans for every good guy there is an equal and opposite bad guy! Prove me wrong.

Listed below is another article where a safe and 30 guns stolen.

https://www.kcbd.com/story/34111685/thieves-steal-lubbock-mans-safe-with-about-30-guns-inside/

400 lb safe ripped off wall 2nd one in a short time.
Works both ways, you have rifles in your trucks back window gun rack?
Didn't think so.

Even if he did all that, they stole the whole truck and trailer and if I pulled it into my shop/dark ally with a battery operated grinder and a cut off wheel all the locks would be cut off in 10 min and my bolt cutter would remove any cables he had so it would still be a done deal. It was bad folks that taken it and they probably did not even know what was in it till they opened it.
Well, yeah. Or if you take a vacation thieves could spend all day cutting open your safe with an angle grinder. Or someone could steal your car from inside gated compound with a crane.

So it isn't that you need to do something to prevent ANY crime, just those easy crimes of opportunity.

If I had a trailer I was concerned about, I might do what they do with motorcycles and put a lock through a wheel so it wasn't so easy to just tow away.

Works both ways, you have rifles in your trucks back window gun rack?
Didn't think so.
I guess I have no clue what your trying to say.

Every pic of the trailer that I have seen has no gun stickers or markings so he did not seem to be advertising I have guns steal me or something.

And your right haven't had a gun rack since the late 70s. I use hard gun cases or soft bags and my "TRUCK GUN" is a PCC kept in a back pack. Just for your information.

Can you tell me what the guy could have done differently, he had the guns in a trailer I am assuming locked up and in a lighted area?
Al I could think of is having one of those big yellow "Boots" that lock onto the rim of the tire(s) on the trailer. The trailer owner said they had backed the trailer up to a concrete wall so as to not allow access to the doors in back. And left it hitched to the truck.

What I want to know is, what kind f record/police interaction did the skank chick have previously? I think we probably already know. All kinds of crimes that should have had her in prison already. :mad:

Al I could think of is having one of those big yellow "Boots" that lock onto the rim of the tire(s) on the trailer.
Yes sir your are right, but do you personally know any body that owns one? I don't and I know guys with boats, race cars, and high end motor cycles all on trailers.

After living in lets say, not the best area of Phoenix for a while I have seen folks do some creative things to get what they wanted. I lived in a gated apartment complex and one guy lost his sportster even with a front wheel lock on it, 2 guys lifted up the front wheel set it on a skateboard held in place with a bungee cord then pushed it out a side people gate and loaded it in a pick up, all filmed on security cameras. No arrest.

Another guy lost his 4 wheeler when a truck pulled close beside him then 4 guys got out of their truck and lifted the 4 wheeler out of his truck and put it in theirs then drove off same thing on cameras, no faces seen and no arrest made. it happen in less then 10 min.

If I really wanted your trailer with a boot on it and it was a twin axel, if I could park beside you I would just remove your lug nuts and drive off on three wheels as most trailers will run good that way for a while.

I do like RX-79G idea: Or someone could steal your car from inside gated compound with a crane.

Yes sir your are right, but do you personally know any body that owns one? I don't and I know guys with boats, race cars, and high end motor cycles all on trailers.

After living in lets say, not the best area of Phoenix for a while I have seen folks do some creative things to get what they wanted. I lived in a gated apartment complex and one guy lost his sportster even with a front wheel lock on it, 2 guys lifted up the front wheel set it on a skateboard held in place with a bungee cord then pushed it out a side people gate and loaded it in a pick up, all filmed on security cameras. No arrest.

Another guy lost his 4 wheeler when a truck pulled close beside him then 4 guys got out of their truck and lifted the 4 wheeler out of his truck and put it in theirs then drove off same thing on cameras, no faces seen and no arrest made. it happen in less then 10 min.

If I really wanted your trailer with a boot on it and it was a twin axel, if I could park beside you I would just remove your lug nuts and drive off on three wheels as most trailers will run good that way for a while.

I do like RX-79G idea: Or someone could steal your car from inside gated compound with a crane.
You're right. If they want it....
That was just something else a person might think about doing. It makes it easier for thieves too when there's no law in our area any more.

Yes, but that's not the point. The point is that the government has decreed you can't use your own property in a harmless way because there are thieves who break the law and it enables them to do that more easily. It's a punishment to the law abiding because of criminal behavior.
It means that our elected representatives do what the insurance industry tells them to do.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top