JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ive been working with the guy who bought out the MAC NOS parts that have been in storage since 1974 or so . Some are prototypes, some need some finish machining and what not but Ive thrown together a few cans in the last few days that are interesting to say the least. I machined an adapter for my post sample grease gun mag 45 ACP AR with CMMG radial delay upper to use a MAC 10/45 silencer on it and I built one for the gun. Thought it turned out pretty cool .

353665789_589532566627903_3076626800766669535_n.jpg

MAC silencers have their own sound. Its like a sewing machine when theyre running but when you stop they hold so much gas theres a wooshing sound that lasts a few seconds afterwards.

Its like when my wife finally falls asleep and lets it go.

Ive been working with the guy who bought out the MAC NOS parts that have been in storage since 1974 or so . Some are prototypes, some need some finish machining and what not but Ive thrown together a few cans in the last few days that are interesting to say the least. I machined an adapter for my post sample grease gun mag 45 ACP AR with CMMG radial delay upper to use a MAC 10/45 silencer on it and I built one for the gun. Thought it turned out pretty cool .

View attachment 1442655
Jeez, how long is that can?!

The funnest gun I've been given the opportunity to shoot was a MAC in 380 (I always forget the #) with this sort of can on it. With the foam and everything. Hold the can with the left hand, grip in the right and spray and pray! (Also, well at least with the 380, pray the mag didn't fail you. The cyclic rate was so fast that it would outrun the magazine and jam.)

I recall trying to shoot the thing at a man sized plate at maybe 15 yards. I think the mag was down loaded to 20 rounds. You'd pull the trigger and 10-15 rounds would be gone before you realized it and maybe got to see half of them hit the dirt before you realized you are 5 feet to the right!

I often wonder if they developed the can to be held as these things weren't the easiest handling firearms. I wonder how many "self inflicted" gunshot wounds happened beforehand lol!

Also, did you ever follow that thread a few years back on AR15 com? The one about the guy working on cyclic rates for a FA CMMG RDB set up?

I'll look for it another time, but if you are interested look it up. The guy got the rate down to really slow but reliable cycling rates.

The silencer on those was always meant to be the forward grip. I know I had a legit M11/9 SMG 25 years ago before Lage made them guns that were worth shooting and it was literally impossible to hit anything you wanted to hit with one and back when subsonics werent really common for 9mm it was just loud even with the silencer. . The big Mac 10/45's weren't nearly as bad though. I just placed an order for some parts to get started building a frame for one. Because of 3D printing and sneaky wannabe machine gun owners all of the Mac 10 parts have been snatched off the market in the last ferw years. I can get 95% of of it but I'll have to make a few parts.

I loathe 3D printing. Everything Ive ever seen done with one looks like bubblegum. The gun frames done with them are especially loathesome.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top