JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been processing the absolute living hell out of brass lately.

Loaded 200 9mm on the Dillon to break her in, then switched over to .44Mag, now back to 9mm to get a bunch of cases finished for sale. About 3/8ths of the way through. 10lbs so far, 17 to go.

My very first 50 rnds .40 S&W. Couldn't have done it without the help of a lot of people here.
I can remember shooting my first reloads... I wore my insulated coveralls, leather boots, ear plugs, motorcycle helmet with face shield, and of course, leather welding gloves. You want to go to a remote spot very early in the morning so nobody see's you. For your first shot, you need to stand behind a tree. Don't worry about aiming at anything, just point your gun at the hillside. Reach out from behind the tree and take one shot. Put your pistol safety on. Check your pistol for any damage and make sure you aren't missing any fingers. Check your one empty shell casing for signs of excessive pressure. If everything looks good, take 5 or 6 shots from behind the tree. Check your empty casings again, check your pistol again, count your fingers again. You should now be feeling good about your first loads! Congrats!

44 Special. I have a lovely LEE 2 cavity mold that gets into the casting lineup now & then. The mold throws a very nice 200 grain round nose flat top RNFT bullet that I powder coat. In these 44 Special cases is 4.5 grains of PROMO (Red Dot). It's a very pleasant target load.

I finally took the Berdan primer reloading step. I've reloaded hundreds of rounds for my AK 47's, but never Berdan primed cases. A very nice forum member sold me 2000 Berdan primers of the correct size, so I took the step. What a blast! Other than the extra step involved in de-capping, all went well. I'd spent the last 3 or 4 years prepping the brass and steel cases for just this event. I'm very pleased how all the cases turned out both for neck tension (no crimp needed) and how well the primer seating went.

I'm currently working up loads slowly for AA-1680, H-322 and RL-7. I've reloaded 1680 for my Boxer primed brass in the past with good accuracy. We'll see how this Yugo brass and Russian steel case shoots.

I loaded up some test loads for my 7mmRem Mag with some bullets I got from one our fine forum members. Supposed to be warm and dry here this week, so I will be off to the range.

I loaded some .45 recently. Posted here. But I left out the most interesting thing about my recent reloads. The primers.
Anyone know when these are from?

IMG_0535.jpg

Just got off the phone with my dad, who is in a stroke rehab facility down in Arizona. He said he had no idea I needed small pistol primers and had his buddy sell 7k of his at a gun show in Moses Lake last week. He said he made out like a bandit at $50 per 1000. I told him he sold a little low, but he was happy. His buddy said they were gone in 30 minutes.

Not today but the last couple weeks (500) 115gr 9mm , (300) 240 gr 45acp, (250) 40gr vmax 223 and (60) various 22-250 test loads for a T/C encore.

Happy reloading

George

BTW don't ask what I've already got loaded cause I'm not telling ;):D

Primers have an "indefinite" shelf life... I wouldn't hesitate to use them. I have read that if they are stored at high temps, like in the trunk of a dark car in summer, you can get some failure to ignites, but other than that, they generally work.

loading up some 124 gr hollow points for the 9MM, wanted a hot load for the VP9, loaded 10 and went to the range to test them running .2 below max with longshot, primers looked good just a little flat, now to load the rest of the 500 up.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top