JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The bridge to my reloading area broke, so I haven't been able to go out and get anything done....:(:(:(

at least I haven't used up my primer stash yet....always a silver lining I guess

88248011-0AE9-4FDD-979D-3CF63B02CE7D.jpeg

this might be the most intriguing post I've ever seen. Care to give us more details?

Not a problem, my reloading area is currently setup on a ship which is...functionally speaking....a piece of breakwater.

this all came about when I asked my boss (the owner of said vessel and the marina it's located at) if I could do so and he gave the green light.

it has the awesome capacity of being extremely private, ridiculously secure, completely distraction/wife free, and doesn't take up any room at my current place of residence....which is good because I also live on a boat.

some cons; other than a small dehumidifier that's running 24/7 there is no heat source, there is no running water, it's about 1/4 mile from my place, balance beam scales are a no go...and apparently it is affected by bridge closures :D

Not a problem, my reloading area is currently setup on a ship which is...functionally speaking....a piece of breakwater.

this all came about when I asked my boss (the owner of said vessel and the marina it's located at) if I could do so and he gave the green light.

it has the awesome capacity of being extremely private, ridiculously secure, completely distraction/wife free, and doesn't take up any room at my current place of residence....which is good because I also live on a boat.

some cons; other than a small dehumidifier that's running 24/7 there is no heat source, there is no running water, it's about 1/4 mile from my place, balance beam scales are a no go...and apparently it is affected by bridge closures :D

It's awesome to NOT be a part of the madding crowd :cool:

Getting my workout resizing a bunch of .38 brass. This is my first foray into this caliber, and I'm stunned how much my 2nd hand brass was expanded compared to my Taurus chambers. Is this an "always" thing with .38, or is it just that the previous chamber(s) had much wider tolerances?

Well the SIL and his friend finally made it to "the room" to load up some 9 mm.
Their first task was to deprime and prime 1000 cases which I donated to the cause, it was done in a production line fashion.
It didn't take long after we got the auto disc powder dispenser to throw an accurate charge of 3.8g of TiteGROUP.;)

The Loadmaster has a quirky mechanism that slowed production a few times but they were able to load 996 rounds in about 3 hours...:eek::eek::eek:

I'm impressed with the rate of production but that rotation quirk bothers me to no end, I'll have to check that out to find a solution.
Anyone have a Loadmaster?

Last Edited:
Only brass prep on the 450ish rounds I shot this morning. 1/2 are tumbled and drying, last 1/2 are rolling around getting clean.

Tested some 124g V-Crowns I loaded and they flew great!
PXL_20210205_035122954.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Loaded up 200 mild subsonic 44 mag plinker loads for two suppressed rifles over a couple evenings this week.. 240 grain coated SWC over Green Dot.
91C3417F-D477-4C15-BFE0-C47C7101A614.jpeg 4307A2D7-4CEB-4D61-8635-9CF9CB218B69.jpeg
Also did some load development rounds for 380 , 95 grain FMJ over HP38 and AA#2. Hopefully my 380 likes one of these, and I will load up a pile to stock away. EE6A1A82-E5D0-4E35-A41F-94B1FA4F319E.jpeg

Also did some load development rounds for 380 , 95 grain FMJ over HP38 and AA#2. Hopefully my 380 likes one of these, and I will load up a pile to stock away.
Both are great choices for that cartridge! The AA2 seems to give a little lighter recoil than HP38, you can also use titegroup for even less recoil. ( Takes a bit more care loading, though.)

800 post supper bowl 9mm 115gn FMJ-RN loads. Using brass pre-prepped (roll formed, undersized and deprimed). Loads 100% case gauged and packed. (100% of the load gauged perfectly no 2nds the way we like it! ;)).

4030D987-F3F1-4897-A7B0-D4D4791496FF.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR