JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
7993B8CF-558F-478C-933F-287F3BFCE233.jpeg 100 rounds for the Smith 32-20.

Darn it. I forgot how behind I am on .308 for my AR-10. I am breaking it in with low tech hunting rounds. I have 19 down the pipe so far. My brass is mostly in the ready to prime phase. My primers are from about 1991. I put a Weaver 6x24 varmint scope on it. Once I get it to settle down I will pick some loads that preform well with the 16" barrel and test them at 440 yards. I already have a Primary Arms Raptor that will go on it.

I'm getting closer to being able to return to reloading, I just have to finish installing a few trim pieces and paint the crown molding then I can move my bench and my wall Locker's in and get busy.;)
All that fishing getting in the way?

Like many here, I can usually make one raggedy hole.
It is, however, all those subsequent shots that screw it all up....
You try any of those 7mm projectiles yet? Give a shout when you're in OR, I'll come down to Eugene and bring some beer and more bullets along.

This was my very first batch of loads for this revolver. I have owned it for several years and finally decided to shoot it.

I purchased the lead projectiles.

All that fishing getting in the way?

You try any of those 7mm projectiles yet? Give a shout when you're in OR, I'll come down to Eugene and bring some beer and more bullets along.

Both the Mausers like 'em, at least, the groups are smaller than they seem to have been before. I'm getting about 3" from the carbine and a bit less from the rifle, which not too shabby considering the carbine sights are just about non-existent, and the rifle not a lot better. Some experimenting needs to be done, which is why the next lot are loaded up and ready to go.

I'll let you know how they get on, promise.

Both the Mausers like 'em, at least, the groups are smaller than they seem to have been before. I'm getting about 3" from the carbine and a bit less from the rifle, which not too shabby considering the carbine sights are just about non-existent, and the rifle not a lot better. Some experimenting needs to be done, which is why the next lot are loaded up and ready to go.

I'll let you know how they get on, promise.
excellent! The box of them is yours, we'll figure out a way to get them to you as you need more.

Hadn't run the Dillon RL-550 for awhile, so cranked out 400 rounds of 9mm this afternoon. 115 gr RMR FMJ, 6.2 gr Power Pistol, WSP, R-P brass. Maybe do another 400 tomorrow.

49 rounds of .30-40 Krag. I tried to duplicate the original load.
Captech Brass
Hornady .308 220gr RN bullets
40gr of Hodgdon H4350
CCI 200 Large Rifle primers
COAL 3.080"

DSC_0357 (Large).JPG

Cleaned & lubed the press, as well as a lot of dies today. I wanted to be sure all was running smoothly so I cranked out a few hundred Hornady HAP 115g 9mm. The VP9SK really pushes these out with nice accuracy.
HDY HAP 1.jpg

Some 6.5 for Friday after school..

89D60856-48DD-4D1F-868E-010024C1EE68.jpeg BFC6BB31-33C3-4306-81B5-E199890939B9.jpeg

H4350
147gr ELD-M
40.0-41.8gr @ .2gr increments
2.800" OAL
Should be nice to shoot this as a 200y ladder.

Not a super productive weekend at the reloading bench, but it was OK since I spent time shooting :)
I did get a few things completed though:
Case prep & priming on 40ea. 762x39 cases (really like reloading & shooting these...)
Packed 100ea. 123g HAP 9mm.

49 rounds of .30-40 Krag. I tried to duplicate the original load.
Captech Brass
Hornady .308 220gr RN bullets
40gr of Hodgdon H4350
CCI 200 Large Rifle primers
COAL 3.080"

View attachment 551474
Hey there , do you have much Krag loading under your belt ? My son just got a pretty nice one , I have been sitting on a box of 170gr round nose cast forever and never really had anything to use them in I thought .
Think these are worth reloading for a Krag ? I have zero experience with the Krag . Thanks
E27E073B-5EB8-4E71-847F-AC00F73AE2E8.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top