JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All sized, trimmed, and ready for their last bathin the tumbler before primining and loading.

C50E20A2-5342-4FD0-B05F-60447135A3F3.jpeg

I have about 25 pounds of 223 brass that i knocked the primers out of and are running them through a RCBS pocket swagger. Once i get these done amd resized i'll have enough 223 cases to last a long time.
It's all range brass i picked up that other people left on the ground.

I got all the brass swagged now i have to find what i did with my frankford wet tumbler motor drive. I used it last summer and can not find it.
This afternoon I primed a hundred 38spl and a hundred 357 magnum pieces of brass. Tomorrow I will load them for this coming weekend. I should load up some 44spl as well.

I will be taking my grandson out shooting this weekend, i loaded up a hundred 38spl and a hundred 357 magnum cartridges this morning. I want to load up some 9mm for him to shoot threw my Glock 17.
I'll get to it later today or first thing in the morning.

Worked on 129 LC18 7.62 NATO cases. These were unfired, primed, bullet pulled surplus from Rocky Mountain Reloading. I bought a batch of 500 shipped in bags of 125, cannot do all 500 at once. These have had the bullet pulled, so need neck sizing. Before that can be done, the asphaltum sealer in the case mouth must be removed. I use lacquer thinner and q-tips my wife doesn't like. The bags are a nominal count of 125, they throw in extras to compensate for possible culls. In the bag I just did, there were four with tiny fold defects in the case mouth which went in the scrap. There were four that needed full length sizing due to shoulder crush. I wound up with 129 actual count. Final touch, a slight chamfer inside the case mouth for facilitate bullet seating. The hard work is done; now they are ready for charging and bullet seating. I probably won't use these right away. I've still got another 375 +/- to go. By the time you get done dinking around with these, I don't know that there's much advantage over once fired. One I can think of, these don't need a trim. I've checked enough to know that none are over length even after neck sizing. They aren't perfectly uniform from one case to the other by small amounts. Which is pretty normal for factory loads. So I'll probably choose to load them with bullets that do not have a cannelure, like the Sierra 168 gr. HPBT which I have tons of.

Well, our first ever revolver match is in the books … it was a very fun day. Perfect weather and a very gracious range. We had no misses and no DQ's! (We won't talk about the time penalties for wide hits and overall scores though!)

So yesterday evening I decapped all the .38 Special we shot (about 450 rounds between us) along with another 400 or so waiting to be worked on. Then into the wet tumbler. Dried overnight and this morning resized and belled. They are now ready to load up for the next match (we are hooked). Perhaps that will actually happen today as I have about 500 bullets left from a bag of 1000. You can't have an open bag of bullets lying around, they might spill or something … right?

Last Edited:
I have a 30 year old 4 inch GP100 that is a great pistol. It's been in the safe for a lot of years until this last week when my boys and I did some rushed familiarization practice on Tuesday and Thursday and then hit a revolver match this Saturday.

Even though it's got a good trigger and we were able to shoot a pretty good match, there is definitely room for improvement. So it's now totally disassembled (other than the sights, barrel and cylinder ejector) as I have begun giving it an internal polishing job. I have shims coming in Tuesday (hammer, trigger and trigger dog) and an old Wolf reduced power spring kit that's been sitting in a gear box for decades. It should be really sweet when done!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top