JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
(100) 9mm with 124 gr Berry's RN
(50) 6.8 SPC with 110 gr V-MAX

YkfEGueCQ8O68CG%SN2JcQ.jpg

Yard work? I would still need a snow blower to get any yard work done. :)

Have you used the ELD-M in your 308 before? I have become a big fan of the ELD bullets in both 6.5 and 7mm varieties but haven't tried any of the 308 versions yet.
Yes . I shot some with RL15 , AR Comp, Tac and wasn't getting anything better than 2 inches for 5 shot groups . A couple stings I wanted to check scope mounts it was so bad .
I loaded some over CFE223 just for fun because I had a couple cases prepped and no where to go. So major disappointment I almost didn't shoot them but I did and the first group was an inch so I was instantly stoked . Now as long as I pull the trigger well I can get sub inch here and there but mostly it's inch ammo consistently.

Deprimed earlier and just finished cleaning my first batch of 223 brass in the new rotary tumbler. 600 rounds, 90 min of tumbling. Very happy with the results. I wont be going back to dry tumbling any time soon! They look amazing, cant wait to get them loaded up this weekend.

75 rounds of .32-20. 100 gr. Hornady XTP bullets. I have a .32-20 cylinder for my S&W Model 16-4. With a 4 in. bbl. there isn't any advantage of .32-20 over .32 H&R Mag., I know, I've run many test series over the chrono but I do it anyway.

Next project, some .308 Win. loaded with .224 bullet in sabots, Rem. Accellerator replicants. I've been planning on doing this for some time. I've read many people say accuracy suffers. Then I read a person talking about how RPM is an important factor in bullet stabilization. Meaning, not only is bbl. twist important, but also bullet profile (long vs. short), and having sufficient charge to impart optimum RPM. I envision some experimentation on this.

It took me most of the week to get to it, but the .308 Win. Accelerator facsimiles got done.

HjTFvzg.jpg

Bit of advice: Don't bother buying the plastic tool sold to seat the .224 bullet into the sabot. In my experience, it's not needed.

So I'm about to get out again (thinking Monday March 11, 2019) to run these .224 Valkyrie test groups experimenting with several various powders for best performance with the 69gr projectiles but also to observe the impact of bullet seating depth experimentation. Once I shoot this batch, I will be moving into 90 grain projectile testing. I have my Harrell Arbor Press and my Wilson Seating die to pack out to the range with me. Each row of test groups listed in the chart below consists of 5 rounds. I created at least two groups of five rounds for each recipe listed (four groups of five rounds for the IMR 4064 @ 24.5gr because it has shown promising results in previous tests).

All of the groups of five charted in each row in the table below have the bullets seated to give every cartridge a C.O.L. of 2.241. That is close to the very maximum C.O.L. I can get and still have the cartridge load and feed reliably from the PRI 20 round mags I'm using in my Aero Precision M4E1 224 Valkyrie rifle with 22" 1:7 Ballistic Advantage barrel.

I will shoot a control group of five rounds from each recipe with the bullet seated at the C.O.L. of 2.241 then use the arbor press and seating die to decrease the C.O.L. of the next five rounds from the same recipe. I'm hoping to get a better idea for myself, the degree of impact created by changing the seating depth or C.O.L. of a cartridge and the influence that it plays on the accuracy of the round.

All control groups will be shot at a 2.241 C.O.L. but I'm open to suggestion on how much I should decrease the C.O.L. for subsequent groups shot from the same recipe. Particularly with the recipe of IMR 4064 @ 24.5gr where I will have the opportunity to shoot four different groups of five. I can try four different bullet seating depths with that recipe.

chart.jpg

Particularly with the recipe of IMR 4064 @ 24.5gr where I will have the opportunity to shoot four different groups of five. I can try four different bullet seating depths with that recipe.
How'd it go?
What is your B2O in your M4?
Since you are starting at 2.241 OAL, I would break it down into seven groups of 3 and reduce by 5 mils after three shots.
I'm very interested in this. What seems like ages ago, I did a whole series of tests like this, loading for an LR 308. My ultimate conclusion was to load a standard 150 GN bullet to saami specs for the chamber - i.e. load and shoot. That gun always seemed to shoot best with Surplus Portuguese 7.62.

Got the geometry down on a 9mm load for my Remington R51 using Montana Golds I purchased ages ago. Was able to load 4 mags and manually eject and load every round. Couldn't do that with WWB.
Loaded up 70 rounds of 115gr HP, ranging from 4.2 to 5.5gr W231. Once I determine which shoots best, will load up 2K of them. Next up would be 147gr TFP-FMJ

I have been honing in on some precision 223 rounds for my heavy barrel AR and I discovered the pmc brass I have been using doesn't have very concentric punched flash holes. I decided to start over with better brass so I am processing a bunch of lake city and will have to drop charge of ar comp powder back a bit to account for the military brass. So far 60gr nosler ballistic tips seem to be the preference for my 1-8 twist wilson combat barrel.

Here are 10 random cases of pmc brass. While not a deal breaker for practice ammo, the non concentric flash holes don't help my quest for accurate ammo I am sure.

7769BBA8-DB63-4236-AA5D-9C5A45D0620D.jpeg

Some of my first .300 blackout in a looonnnggg time since getting rid of the caliber oh I don't know 3 years ago or more.

IMG_1827.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads