JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ms.Sheepdog and I are cleaning out all our old Tupperware storage and getting rid of a LOT of stuff(old used containers that don't have lids, or containers without lids) to make room for more food :s0147:storage in the house so we can have more room in the garage

I have this thing about not wanting to shoot up premium $1+/round self-defense ammo (even if I paid half that for it).

So today when I stumbled across some white box El Dorado 240 gr SWC .44 mag ammo, I figured it was old cheap ammo, with just maybe 20 rounds left out of a 50 round box, and I wouldn't be too worked up about shooting it just to test the recoil of the Rossi lever action I bought a while back and have been too stingy to shoot with the premium ammo I have.

I had read some people complaining about the recoil of a light carbine chambered in a pistol caliber, especially one with a steel buttplate. This being my first PCC (besides a PS90), I was curious - so I went out onto the deck, aimed at something laying on the ground and pulled the trigger. No big deal. This was light ammo (from my revolver it felt about the same as 200 gr .44 special @ about 1K fps), so I went and got some full power 240 gr ammo, and tried that - noticeably more report and recoil, but still no big deal.

That was my big prep task for the day. Woohoo! :s0010::s0014::s0015::s0019::s0130::s0031::s0034::s0035::s0038::s0041::s0048:

Got this killer $40 gun case at a pawn shop for a whopping DEAL of five bucks

image.jpg

Trying to get my office/reloading room organized.

Whole house is a pig sty with stuff everywhere. Should have spent most of my time off addressing this issue - only did a very little. But now I have a shelving unit to put in the office, and then later I will setup my reloading bench (using a woodworking bench I bought at HF). I will put some of the reloading stuff on the shelving unit along with some comms equipment/etc. so that the office is organized and things are put away.

I am slowly picking up crap in the rest of the house - today it is stuff like empty shipping boxes that I can burn in the stove.

Eventually I hope to have an inventory of stuff and have it organized so I know where I can find it. First the house, then the shop. If I can't do it all at once, at least I can do a little every day.

4 bags of Lundberg brown rice from Costco. Good stuff.

Working on filling the yard with stuff that produces edibles instead of just compost.

Prefer Basmati myself, but brown rice is more nutritious - OTOH, it doesn't store as long as white rice.

Costco sometimes has what appears to be vacuum packed bags of rice; 20# size and the bag is usually hard in that if you known on it, it feel hard instead of soft like a bag that the contents are free to move a little. To me that says the bag is at least airtight and would store longer.

Bought a couple small bottles of Hopps solvent and some CLP, The Bimart near me has been damn near cleaned out of all solvents and lubes. Get it while you can.

Dusted off my oldest AR and installed a red dot and sighted it in today. Replaced the batteries in the weapon light. Going to town tomorrow to stock up on batteries for red dots and weapons lights.

Re scanned all available Free Air Video channels (aka- radio television) for 'interference-free' communication reception.

There's a lot of channels available with just an indoor antenna now.
No umbilical cord necessary, nor one that could be cut - or infected - before information could get to you.

Free Air Video is just as important to me as a basic AM/FM radio.

antenna.jpeg

I have this thing about not wanting to shoot up premium $1+/round self-defense ammo (even if I paid half that for it).

So today when I stumbled across some white box El Dorado 240 gr SWC .44 mag ammo, I figured it was old cheap ammo, with just maybe 20 rounds left out of a 50 round box, and I wouldn't be too worked up about shooting it just to test the recoil of the Rossi lever action I bought a while back and have been too stingy to shoot with the premium ammo I have.

I had read some people complaining about the recoil of a light carbine chambered in a pistol caliber, especially one with a steel buttplate. This being my first PCC (besides a PS90), I was curious - so I went out onto the deck, aimed at something laying on the ground and pulled the trigger. No big deal. This was light ammo (from my revolver it felt about the same as 200 gr .44 special @ about 1K fps), so I went and got some full power 240 gr ammo, and tried that - noticeably more report and recoil, but still no big deal.

That was my big prep task for the day. Woohoo! :s0010::s0014::s0015::s0019::s0130::s0031::s0034::s0035::s0038::s0041::s0048:

Yesterday I stumbled across those heavy Barnes bear loads - 300 gr JSP @1200 fps (IIRC).

So I figured I would try one out in the Rossi - not bad, not something I would use for plinking, but not bad. If I have to use them for bears, then I would certainly use the carbine instead of a handgun, if I could.

Bought more military MRE's and rearranged my gear. Even though I've been training with it on I still don't like to lug around a lot of weight if I can help it. The knee braces help with the load though I've found. Wish I would've known about knee braces while I was in the Marines. That would've helped SIGNIFICANTLY!

Programmed my Baofeng UV-5R's and only things I've been able to pick up is weather channels. Which lets me know it's working but haven't been able to pick anything else up. During these times of crisis, communication is key. Figure I need to do more research into that matter. I worked communications in the Marines over 10 years ago, so you know...use it or lose is...

Also sharpened the Ka-Bar, weapons check, and got more storage fuel for the truck and filled the gas tank again. Keep those tanks topped off as much as you can. Be safe out there!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads