JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The quickclot combat gauze is good stuff. It doesn't heat up like the granules did, and doesn't burn the crap out of your nose when the wind shifts and you get a whiff as you're pouring it into a wound, OUCH!! The granules were frowned upon, because medical would have to cut out, and flush them out of the wound before a more suitable means of medicine could be used. The gauze can just be flushed with saline to be removed from the wound site. Which is fine, because that is going to happen anyways once brought in from the field since field medicine isn't always the most sterile. A lot of doctors just have a bad taste in their mouth from the old quickclot, so when their hear that word, they cringe.

Anywho....yesterday I bought some spare parts for my AR. You can never have too many of those laying around! I probably have enough to build at least 2 more lowers, minus the actual receiver, and enough upper things to build another upper, minus receiver and barrel. Always good to have at least a spare bolt, firing pin, firing pin retainer, roll cam, spring kit, charging handle, etc... Rock River has a nice little "Oh shoot kit" that has a lot of springs and such in it for around $15.

Been Mylar bagging with 02 absorbers busy, busy, gone through over 600, 02 absorbers just placed and order for another 600, 100cc for small packages. Breaking everything down to meals for one or two people. I learned backpacking when packing food for a hike, put salt in the pasta stuff before sealing it, that way when you go to cook it and you pour the pasta into the post the salt go in with it because it is already in there. Saves a step and makes things easier when cooking.

Picked up four 4 lb boxes of iodized salt, will pick some and break them down to 1/4 bags, I already had about 30lbs, when i hit 100lbs I feel better.

I was Harbor freight today, and picked up a machette, when I got out to my truck I open my tool box and set it inside, well I know exactly where it is if I need it or go to help someone and try something stupid.

Bought my last of 3 chainsaws (MS250 for $200, thank you cragislist)
Finished putting in the Apex trigger kits on my M&P(needed to install striker plunger and spring) and 442(still working on polishing parts for smoothness)
Put the "Marine" spring cups on my Glocks

Memorized this line - "Your lack of preparation does not constitute an emergency on my part." Someday it will have to be repeated like a broken record.

I've gotten in trouble at work a few times spouting that to one of the SNCOs when they HAVE to have me do something right away....especially after finding out it was sitting in their possession for over a week, lol. Might be why I'm still an E-5...oh well

Purchased 5.56 NATO (M855) for the rifle that is coming next week.

Purchased miscellaneous items for a get-home bag. The waterways, bridges, and elevated highways around Seattle may mean I have to walk to get home.

Checked my mail:
2012-03-24_12-02-08_689.jpg

2012-03-24_12-02-08_689.jpg

I know the Chamberlain model that everyone gets for about $50 is junk. It works, but you get 4-5 false alarms a day - will drive you nuts.

This latest one - no personal knowledge of it - only going by internet reviews on Amazon and other places. When it shows up I'll set it up and let it run for a few days and report back. It is a day-to-day thing for me. I want that minute or so notice that the UPS guy or whoever is showing up. Of course, it would be invaluable for other purposes down the road. Motion security can be set up in up to four outdoor areas with vocal alarms at the base.

I bought a few of these last year when I had kids fooling around my house late at night Wireless Driveway Alert & Driveway Alarm System
the only problem i found with them is they pick up anything that puts out heat, cats, skunks, you name it, but if you put them a couple of feet of the ground they work fine.

Here is what I did, I covered the infer red lens with tape, painted with ultra flat camouflage paint from walmart with the color of the back ground of where I was going to place them, then glue a velcro strap onto the back of them and place them two - three feet off the ground so they will only pick large animals, people and vehicles, they work great, i place the remote alerts in an order so i know which one being tripped.

Went to Cabelas Saturday and got some magic fire starter, heavy socks, and a 'big man' cot. Something interesting though. When I presented my Veterans ID at checkout the young man said they only do active duty discounts. I was telling him I get the discount every other time I was in shopping and my wife is squealing in his other ear something to the effect of me laying down my life for our country. I grabbed my reciept and said I was gonna complain. My wife said go to customer service desk right now. I did, they fixed it right away and apologized.

Bought some 4lb boxes of salt and started breaking them down, putting them into 4 ounce mylar pouches with O2 absorbers. Also picked up a bunch of pasta, spaghetti, noodles, fettuccini and penne pasta. I will break them down into either 1/2 or 1/4 lb mylar pouches. I use the pasta to add in soup. with burger, or other meats, or in chili or use some chili seasoning, diced tomatoes, throw some tvp in there for protein. Pasta has lots and lots of carb's.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top