JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just picked up the rest of the inherited ammo about 8,000 or more in various calibers and knifes galore.

Brought back two more gun safes and just finished mounting them.

Also got a food saver bagging system so we can buy in more bulk!

Awesome! You probably already have, but want to mention (just in case) that when utilizing a food bagging system to read about and identify the different storage properties of plastic sheeting vrs. mylar bags when storing food long-term.

I know the Chamberlain model that everyone gets for about $50 is junk. It works, but you get 4-5 false alarms a day - will drive you nuts.

This latest one - no personal knowledge of it - only going by internet reviews on Amazon and other places. When it shows up I'll set it up and let it run for a few days and report back. It is a day-to-day thing for me. I want that minute or so notice that the UPS guy or whoever is showing up. Of course, it would be invaluable for other purposes down the road. Motion security can be set up in up to four outdoor areas with vocal alarms at the base.

I gave this thing a few tests today, so far pretty good.

Seems to be fine to about a block and a half away. I have it set up in walkway/driveway and it transmits to my bedroom about 200' away through the house, no issues.

"Alert zone 1" repeats three times. Also has a relays on the back (contact closures) that would make it easy to ring a bell or chime. I'll probably add another transmitter for the back of the house.
Dressed up the transmitter with camo/leaves so not so obvious.

No false alarms in the rain, changing from the day to night, etc, like the Chamberlain. I took a hammer to that thing.

Picked up three $5.00 machettes, and a magnesium fire starter from Harbor Frieght on Friday. Nothing fancy or spectacular, but looks like they'll all get the job done well enough against Zombie hoards.

I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard that the lint from the dryer makes great fire starter.

Peter

I'm putting up more food
I'm exchanging my FLIR Scout (which never worked well and ate batterys) for a Thor 320 which uses more expensive batterys but has a 5 second start-up time and an 8 hour battery life.
This is a major investment but a force multiplyier

Just an FYI
I am still eating beans and lentils from 2000. Stored in mylar/buckets after freezing at -15 for 3 weeks. The Mylar was NOT sealed, I used Gamma lids on a variety of different buckets.
I have found the only REAL differance is that it takes a pressure cooker to cook the Black Beans because they have become very dry. White beans are still like new, taste wise. White rice, yeah your gonna love it, and eat alot. Brown rice? Not so much.
Is there a lose of nutritional value? YES, but that's what viatimin tablets are for.
You can live a long time on beans/rice/veggie oil, salt and hot sauce with the odd bit of meat or fresh veg/grass when times get tough.

I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard that the lint from the dryer makes great fire starter.

Peter

I take the dryer lint and put it in empty egg cartons, when the carton is full I tape it closed and cut a small hole on both ends. Then when one end is lit it also can breath and circulate oxygen through the carton! Works like a charm and your not out any money. Errr I guess you are screwed if you dont like eggs!:s0114:

I updated my bob, bought and filled another propane tank. Bought a 10 lb Lee lead pot from a friend and some more powder from bimart because it's on sale.

Picked up a brand new Ruger Alaskan today for the get home bag and snagged 2500 rnds of 9mm while I was at it. Also I reorged my OPMOD drag bag and added some more MOLLE attachment strapping, a Level I trauma kit and several boxes of Hornaday TAP for the 590A1.

So now the drag bag rides in my rig behind the rear seats with an M&P 15 MOE edition AR with 300 rnds, the Mossberg 590A1 with 40 rnds, G17 gen3 with 4 mags, tac knife, flashlight, gloves and a trauma kit!

I was wandering what would the shelf life would be is O2 was not absorbed, found nothing saying anything bad would happen unless exposed to moisture <broken link removed> not that I do not trust your abvice, just did not what would happen, the article somes some research has been done also links on the left menu bar to other foods

salt sugar and honey store indefinitely if kept dry. no O2 absorbers needed.

just think, how do we preserve perishable foods now? salt and sugar.

put our 2 remaining chickens to work in our new "chicken tractor" tilling up my spring garden.

started some seeds indoors and a few early season veggies outdoors.

will be getting a new batch of chicks either this weekend or next weekend....

The chicken tractor may be mankind's greatest invention
Now if only I could figure how to rent them out!
I spent the day trying to reduce the amount I pay out on insurance (5 vechicles and a home) so I would have more to spend on food

put our 2 remaining chickens to work in our new "chicken tractor" tilling up my spring garden.

started some seeds indoors and a few early season veggies outdoors.

will be getting a new batch of chicks either this weekend or next weekend....

Thats pretty cool, I had never heard of those before, but the image is locked intot he brain now, thanks

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top