JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got very little, it was about 10 verbal questions, some specific (drugs/alcohol/smoking) and the general ("do you feel safe"). No questions about guns or internet or criminal anything.

I did mention that I have of late noticed that I seem to more often have trouble find the word I was searching for (i.e., Lethologica); e.g., I was trying to describe the problem with my right foot to my massage therapist - the word I was searching for was "numb" - it took me a minute.

They asked me to draw a clock and point the hands to 11:10 - shrug
I had to do the clock thing in March after I had a 5 oz tumor removed from my head. Start Chemo and radiation soon

Tow bar ordered for the Prius, SHTF, will be able to tow a lot more preps using next to no fuel, lol....
You could have just strapped a generator on back like this guy did

ySpxAV5VIjHGlH-6DoLlvGxx9NBDaM_ZSmmGpTNJ77w.jpg

Reference the "travel in Portland" short ^^^^
"ProHo" is from the Wrangler Star channel right…..? Haaaa

I knew a girl with nickname ProHo….. it didn't mean Pro Homeowner.

UPS delivered another order of my heart/BP meds. I should now have at least one year's worth minimum (some I have two years worth). I probably don't want to go too much over 1-2 years worth, especially on the Imdur (nitro) which expires at 3 years (OTOH, you are not supposed to suddenly stop taking Imdur).

I will take your word for it; I don't ever want to go to a city that has 7 million people in it. From what I have heard of Indian roads and Indian traffic, especially in their cities - it sounds downright dangerous to boot.
Oh, I just meant the style of biryani out of Hyderabad. You can get it at several places around my neck of the woods.

Tested a CRKT Catchall knife.

--c_padw_1840h_824fl_clip.png8u8xood32ell6paabyazu.png

I figured after getting three of them I should actually try it out a little.

So far I like it, even for general purposes. Even though it is thick and stout, it is not too heavy or cumbersome like some of the big "bushcraft" knives - it feels about right. The spine edges are sharp enough to be used with a firesteel and the blade cutting edge held up fine to testing then still sliced paper easily without tearing. I did some prying (tip and main blade edge), splitting, chopping and shaving of wood - it seemed to be decent to good for those tasks.

Unfortunately I don't have any large chunks of meat to see how it cuts that, much less how it would do skinning/boning or splitting a pelvic bone on a deer - but I think given the shape it might do most or all of those tasks well.

I do like the shape and feel of the handle - the rubber is not spongy, it is firm but just tacky enough to have a good grip. The jimping is placed well and works well.

Although it looks beefy, it is actually lighter than the Gerber LMF or Ultimate, about the same as the Prodigy.

The sheath is a decent plastic - not flimsy, with some cordura/nylon at the top (which is somewhat flimsy, but ok) and has a retention strap. The retention "notch" of the plastic is sufficient to hold the knife firmly (without using the strap) when upside down and shaking it hard, while at the same time not being difficult to remove the knife. Add in the strap and you are not going to lose this knife by it coming loose if you push it into the sheath (not hard to do). The sheath has some strap holes.

Unfortunately the sheath is not rubber covered like some of the Gerber survival knife sheaths, so it will make noise if banged against something. Also doesn't come with firesteel, stone, etc. accoutrements like the Gerber "survival" knives - not a severe issue, just something to note when it comes to comparing value. This is more likely to be a knife I put in a pack rather than strapping to the outside or a belt for instant access.

When on sale these are about $33 so I think this is a very good value - so far. I have promoted it from a high value barter knife to a keeper. I have three (three people in my family) - I may get more for high value barter as I consider the sale prices for these to be a really good bargain (Mora like knives that are $10-$20 regular prices will be lower value barter knives) and as a keeper I don't mind having more.

I will take your word for it; I don't ever want to go to a city that has 7 million people in it. From what I have heard of Indian roads and Indian traffic, especially in their cities - it sounds downright dangerous to boot.
It's all about the population density and what/how people drive...

Hyderabad has 7 million souls and a pop density of 27k+/mile², which is huge, granted. When I was in Saigon (HCMC), the pop was 9 million, but a density of only ~11k/mile². In both places, most everyone rides scooters, and there are some trucks. Accidents on scooters at low velocities tend to result in scrapes and some broken bones, and a few deaths. For fun, I paid a guy to drive me around Saigon on the back of his scooter to some of the craziest parts of town. Even took a "ferry" across the Mekong where we had to skip the first boat cuz my driver said there was a gang on board and it wouldn't be prudent for a round-eye to be on that same boat (a "ferry" there is basically just a sanpan, so quarters are pretty tight). I even filmed a rolling video of the ride - it was pretty trippy... :s0140:

In Jeddah, OTOH, the pop density is down to only about 8k/mile², but almost everyone on the road there drives a car. Mostly Japanese/Korean imports, but some big American land yachts are croozin' around, too. And lots of trucks! And everyone drives like bats outta Hell - it's practically a requirement. So when there's an accident, it usually results in more than just a few deaths, as they tend to take a lot of other people with them when they go to meet Allah.

The roads I drove around Mekkah province are quite literally littered with the battered, burned-out hulks of vehicles where it was obvious that a bunch of people died in wrecks. Personally, I was involved in several near-misses not of my own making while working there. To try and protect us, my company gave each of us a brand new Ford Expedition, one of the largest masses of steel on the road around there. Basically, it was an effort to put us in a "tank" so we could get around to do our jobs and stay alive in the event of an accident. The Saudis apparently don't have a road clean-up department, so drivers just throw trash out the window (I've witnessed it multiple times) and it blows all over the roads and highways and collects against the roadside fences. It's never cleaned up, it's pretty disgusting, and that goes for the charred hulks on the sides of the roads. It's like they leave the wrecks there as some sort of monument to the dead, but there's hundreds of them... everywhere...

I will say that when I first got there, it was fun AF to drive around at 100-120 mph everywhere in a new, bigass, SUV with gas at $0.10/gal with no worry of a ticket (KSA cops are the laziest LEOs). But towards the end of my year there, it felt more and more like I was spinning a roulette wheel every time I buckled up. Was never so glad to put the KSA in my rear view mirror when that contract was up... 😬

Last Edited:
It's all about the population density and what/how people drive...
The Indians I worked with told me it is mostly just a free for all and that many of the roads suck, that is is a dangerous place to drive or ride, in no small part because people don't follow or have any rules.

I have read it is somewhat similar in some parts of China. That is someone injures a pedestrian with their car, they will then try to kill them rather than have them be a party to any kind of court action. That the rich there will pay for people to serve as an imposter in court, to serve their sentences.

Maybe some of that is true, maybe not - I don't know. But I do know I would not want to find out.

The Indians I worked with told me it is mostly just a free for all and that many of the roads suck, that is is a dangerous place to drive or ride, in no small part because people don't follow or have any rules.
I can tell you from personal driving/riding experience that that's de rigueur for pretty much everywhere outside of North America and western Europe...

...well, and in Australia and NZ, too. Driving/riding wasn't very bad at all, there...

Finally got around to researching local frequencies for ARES / CERT / RACES to start re-programing my radios.

Moved to the area 2 years ago but have a lot of work to do in that regard, in order to be ready for WW3 when it starts before the 2024 election. :)

Cleaned and fawned over my fav SG. Best one to 100% depend on, never fails. Second is FN.

This lady will demonstrate. Notice all the mix of shells in the carrier. The M4 doesn't care. 2 3/4 birdshot, then 3" mag slug. No worries. Never jams, soft recoil, mix/match ammo, no problem

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top