What are some good handguns for folks with very short fingers?

rutilate

Reactions
I'm afraid if she gets the CZ she wouldn't be able to find it as it would be in my pocket! LOL
That's a very real hazard! We teach the ladies that firearms are like shoes. You need one for every outfit! And of course you need to have your standby that you know intimately and can operate in a crisis.

OP
pigiron

pigiron

Reactions
Thanks to all of you for the good advice. I just wish we could find most of those guns in stock when we go to the shops. The lack of guns is getting to be as bad as the ammo shortage nowadays. :-(

I'l post and update (with pics) to this thread when she gets the one she likes best.

Thanks to all of you for the good advice. I just wish we could find most of those guns in stock when we go to the shops. The lack of guns is getting to be as bad as the ammo shortage nowadays. :

I'l post and update (with pics) to this thread when she gets the one she likes best.
As you can tell from the responses in this post, plenty of members offering up solid options. I would think some in this tread, have a personal example of said guns.

There is a “Want To Try” section here on the forum (not very active sadly) where you can request to try out a gun that you are interested in. You could post up there or maybe start a new thread with a list of guns you (your wife) would like to try out before buying. I’m sure plenty of the members here would oblige you. ;)

Good luck in your search! :)

po18guy

Reactions
As to small frames, Llama and Star used to make 3/4 scale 1911s in 22/32/380. Too bad they are now gone. How about a Colt 1908 .380? Originals can be found for about 5 bills. Not mint, mind you, but perfectly acceptable relaibility-wise. There are some police surplus Star BM 9s for sale. As I recall, they were on a rather small frame. AMT BAckup .380? Have you checked the Mossberg Mc1c? Single stack über compact carry gun.

DLS

Reactions
In my experience the Sig P365 and the slightly larger P365XL seem to be the most 'shootable' micro pistol for the most numbers of people. Use the 12-round magazine in the 365 and then the grip really seems to fit a larger number of hands.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
  • Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
Top Bottom