JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I started out with a single shot 22 that my father had to cut off so I could shoulder the little single shot. Shot pot gots on the back 40 and got a penny a piece for each one I killed. Never made enough money pay for all the ammo I used. My father and all of my uncles were in world war II and I learned gun safety big time. I remember they didn't know what to do with me because I was left-handed so essentially bolt action rifles were single shots for me. As I grew old enough to hunt, I learned early on that bullet placement was critical because I only had one shot. When I was old enough to hunt I was placed in a draw and the men pushed the deer up the draw and I shot anything that was legal. Everyone in the family including my 85-year-old grandmother had a license and we filled them all. We didn't have venison in the winter. My father was a gun nap and a reloader. As a consequence, I don't own a rifle that shoots standard off the counter cartridges. I own a 338 '06 aclay improved which is my go-to caliber. At 80 I'm going to hang everything up. Sell all my gear. It's been a good life and I look forward to another 15 or 20 years by just won't hunt anymore.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top