JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife has extremely small hands and a short trigger finger. The reach on her J-frame is still a bit of a stretch. Do any of you have any recommendations for a handgun with an even shorter trigger reach? The SIG P938 fits but it would be nicer to find a striker fired gun preferably in at least 9mm Luger caliber.

My wife also has small hands and she really likes her Glock 42. Since you're looking for 9mm, I'd say the Glock 43 may fit the bill pretty nicely. Small and thin grip is good for smaller hands / fingers, and it's striker fired.

Bought my wife a Kahr CW9. Easy trigger reach, trigger easy but not squishy, slim grip circumference. She carried a SW 642 but DA trigger became more trying as time passed.

Glock 43,43x and Glock 48 should work well for her. I found with my smallish hands with long fingers that it didn't fit me well(Glock 48) but someone with shorter fingers it would fit much better. The Kahr pistols also have very short reach and seem to fit people well(even me somehow).

Seems like p938 already fits the bill, I don't think you'd gain anything going another direction, that's a fine gun. If you go with a double stacked striker gun, typically that gets back to the small hands, wide grip problem, if you stay with a single stack design, I don't see any big gain over p938. Especially if she knows how to shoot. Get the 7 round mag, maybe a nice hogue rubber grip (my preference) - it handles very nicely. Slip another 7 round mag somewhere in the set up and that's 14+1 rounds.

I carry a Glock 17 with a WML but use a p938 for deep(er) concealment when I want to. Personally, even as a primary Glock guy, I view the p938 as the king of the micro pistols.

My wife has extremely small hands and a short trigger finger. The reach on her J-frame is still a bit of a stretch. Do any of you have any recommendations for a handgun with an even shorter trigger reach? The SIG P938 fits but it would be nicer to find a striker fired gun preferably in at least 9mm Luger caliber.
Does the grip on her J-frame cover the back strap? There are many grips available for J-frames of varying sizes.
My wife, who has small hands has a J-frame and a Glock 43. The J-frame is a little bit of a stretch for her and the Glock fits well.

Has she tried the S&W 380 or 9 EZ? I've recommended them to several ladies I train and they all love it.

Here's my 43 with +1 extension next to my 43x with 15+1 Shield Arms magazine/mag catch upgrade....

It's hard to beat either of those in a sub-compact package! :s0155:

B61A1B44-FA46-4B13-BBE6-6682DECCD7A7.jpeg

Last Edited:

I would recommend going to a gun range that rents guns and let her try a few, we did this for my wife, guns to consider we be the Glock 42, 43 or 43x, Sig P365, Springfield Hellcat, my wife picked the Kimber micro after shooting all of the above.

Vote here for Sig P365. Not only is grip smaller and fits small hands well, entire pistol is small, BUT very recoil manageable (not sure why, many it's the bore axis). I carried one for about a year.

I have a G43 and G43X. Votes for those too when it comes to small hands.

EDIT: Sheesh: Totally forgot - Kahr CW9 would also fit the bill. There's one for sale right now in the classified ads for $300 with four mags - great deal.

Regarding revolvers, this new Colt may fit the bill.

worlds-smallest-gun.jpg

Last Edited:
I have XXL hands and any compact or sub compact should work with small hands. I find most compact handguns undersized these days similar to most everything made in Asia for Western hands: just too small. Cost savings measures seem to rule most manufacturers ROI. I have been told Kahr compact and subs are particularly small: I have picked up an earlier Kahr and found it to be sub micro and absolutely impossible for me to comfortably purchase with my larger than average hands.

S&W model 60. I had one before my son grabbed it, but it has a relatively small grip.
Double action is reduced by dry fire with caps.
Otherwise, my wife likes her Ruger GP100 in 6 inch barrel.
I can't quite understand it, but she rings the plate at up to 25 yards and sometimes beyond.
Yes, I have seen the man in the previous photo and amazed at his dexterity.
Stay safe all. Tom TKH

We've taught about 450 women to shoot in the past 3 years and this comes up occasionally.

A couple that the ladies have chosen for you to consider when you go to the gun store or rental range to try them out:
  • SIG P365 / P365XL
  • Hellcat
  • CZ-75 P01
  • Glock 43X or 48
  • S&W EZ 9/.380
  • SIG P238/P938 (typically with a Hogue grip)

We've taught about 450 women to shoot in the past 3 years and this comes up occasionally.

A couple that the ladies have chosen for you to consider when you go to the gun store or rental range to try them out:
  • SIG P365 / P365XL
  • Hellcat
  • CZ-75 P01
  • Glock 43X or 48
  • S&W EZ 9/.380
  • SIG P238/P938 (typically with a Hogue grip)
I'm afraid if she gets the CZ she wouldn't be able to find it as it would be in my pocket! LOL

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews