JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Oh god.......well it does continue to worsen! I don't like to come on here and just whine, but I'm so darned sick! Third day, like clockwork! Can't even drink my coffee!

Whine!!! :(

Sorry to hear that Sarge.:(:( Keep the big picture in mind; you are WINNING!! Going to be some rough times along the way, but you WILL be a part of your granddaughter's lives. it will be worth it!! Hang in there, you've got a pretty big fan club here too.

Oh god.......well it does continue to worsen! I don't like to come on here and just whine, but I'm so darned sick! Third day, like clockwork!

You are not whining my brother Steve..you are keeping us informed as we asked you to, so that we may share in your trials in what small way we can. Hang in there. If we could divide your discomfort between all of us, we would in a heart beat.

Sorry to hear that Sarge! I know we're all looking forward to the time when this will pass and you'll be right back to where you were before this started.

And on this thread...whining is absolutely allowed! It can help when others know your pain and can lend a sympathetic ear.

Oh god.......well it does continue to worsen! I don't like to come on here and just whine, but I'm so darned sick! Third day, like clockwork! Can't even drink my coffee!

Sarge, sorry to hear your experiencing a whipping from the latest round of treatment. Remember that Father never gives us anything that He hasn't already equipped us to handle. That you are not on this path alone, He's omnipresent and always there with you.

My prayer this morning is for these side effects of treatment to subside, that Father will calm them, just as Jesus calmed the turbulent waters.

Abba Father, be upon our brother Steve, bring him comfort, peace, tranquility and good rest. Infill our brother with your strength, with your healing and with the Holy Spirit. Father you are the great physician, we know of your healing power coursing through our brothers veins, now we ask your hand to be upon him and calm these side effects, we realize it's the enemy attempting to steal Your glory, so we stand against that in the name of Christ Jesus and by the blood of the Holy Lamb...

Amen...

Sarge, sorry to hear your experiencing a whipping from the latest round of treatment. Remember that Father never gives us anything that He hasn't already equipped us to handle. That you are not on this path alone, He's omnipresent and always there with you.

My prayer this morning is for these side effects of treatment to subside, that Father will calm them, just as Jesus calmed the turbulent waters.

Abba Father, be upon our brother Steve, bring him comfort, peace, tranquility and good rest. Infill our brother with your strength, with your healing and with the Holy Spirit. Father you are the great physician, we know of your healing power coursing through our brothers veins, now we ask your hand to be upon him and calm these side effects, we realize it's the enemy attempting to steal Your glory, so we stand against that in the name of Christ Jesus and by the blood of the Holy Lamb...

Amen...
Prayers affirmed in the name of Jesus Christ, the son of the Living God!

Steve, You aren't whining, you're hurting! God allows us to feel pain. It tells us when things are going wrong. If you weren't hurting you wouldn't be alive to discuss it. Nammac is right, God's omnipresence is there to provide comfort and healing.

My God is over ALL!

In Jesus' name, WE PROCLAIM THE VICTORY!

Amen!

Remember Sarg, pain is weekness leaving the body, and this too shall pass!
No matter how sick you feel, and no matter how much you hurt, it too shall pass! The greatest suffering often leads to the greatest victory, because we want it bad, so bad we fight to take it from the grasp of our enemy, and we hold it close, closer still to the heart becaus it was so hard won! Have faith my Brother, this latest is only your body fightig the enemy, taking back what is yours, and you will win!

No matter how sick you feel, and no matter how much you hurt, it too shall pass! The greatest suffering often leads to the greatest victory, because we want it bad, so bad we fight to take it from the grasp of our enemy, and we hold it close, closer still to the heart becaus it was so hard won! Have faith my Brother, this latest is only your body fightig the enemy, taking back what is yours, and you will win!

:s0101:

No matter how sick you feel, and no matter how much you hurt, it too shall pass! The greatest suffering often leads to the greatest victory, because we want it bad, so bad we fight to take it from the grasp of our enemy, and we hold it close, closer still to the heart because it was so hard won! Have faith my Brother, this latest is only your body fighting the enemy, taking back what is yours, and you will win!

AMEN!

The radiologist is your friend, as are all the doctors, nurses and everyone else you come across in your medical journey - though they may not seem so at times. Sorry to hear aobut your flu shot reaction. Rest well, stay strong, and when you're feeling extra-ornery, get one of those movie set bar glasses made of sugar that you can bite and chew to get the point across. :D
Or better yet, toss it in the air...

OK gang, looks like this is working! With this many prayers and good wishes, how could it not work!

I just got home from chemo and a conference with the Oncologist!

He was very pleased! The tumor in the right lung has shrunk a great deal, and the largest lymph node has shrunk from 3.2cm to 1.8cm!
The words he used for the lung were dramatic and significant!
Pretty pleased about that, so keep those prayers and well wishes coming! It's pretty dramatic and significant that prayers from a large number of supporters come with these results!
I thank you, each and every one, Christian or not. Bless you all right back........which I do every night when I retire. Steve
Praying for you daily, Sarge. Seems to be working. Remember that the Father is with you no matter what.

Steve, if there's any way, through prayer or otherwise, that we can help carry your load you know we will do it. You are not whining. You are letting us help you in any way we can. Soldier on, brother. You can do this.

Steve: We are the brothers that will carry you on our shoulders. We are the blood who's oath did NOT expire at the end of our enlistment. We are one through God, country, and oath.

We are a "band of brothers" that never forgets.

Last Edited:
Sharing is not whining.

Taking some guys MAGA hat then going to the school authorities demanding that he no be allowed to wear it because it's "genocide"... that's whining.

You're sharing with us and we want to share that burden with you even if it's only a little.

Steve, we are all standing with you-arms linked in defiance of the cancer that is currently being beaten back by prayers and by medical treatment.
So vent as much as you want.......

Boy, those chemo meds are kicking that CA's azz! I can tell because they are kicking my skinny azz as well! Whoa! I guess I over did going out yesterday and so much the worse today! But.....keep on smiling, stiff upper lip and all that! I hope all my friends and supporters on this site have a terrific Sunday! :)

Glad you got out and we got a chance to meet face to face Sarge, sorry to know you paid a price for it. Be well and get some rest.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top