JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
OK, got a call from a doctor yesterday! After telling us about six times that he was not an Oncologist, he told us that the chemo appeared to be doing its job! Waiting for conformation, but got some happy to hear even a primilary report! The guy's a Radiologist so he's probably seen tumers before.
The radiologist is your friend, as are all the doctors, nurses and everyone else you come across in your medical journey - though they may not seem so at times. Sorry to hear aobut your flu shot reaction. Rest well, stay strong, and when you're feeling extra-ornery, get one of those movie set bar glasses made of sugar that you can bite and chew to get the point across. :D

The radiologist is your friend, as are all the doctors, nurses and everyone else you come across in your medical journey - though they may not seem so at times. Sorry to hear aobut your flu shot reaction. Rest well, stay strong, and when you're feeling extra-ornery, get one of those movie set bar glasses made of sugar that you can bite and chew to get the point across. :D

LOL!!! Shmit boy, I chew real glass when I feel ornery!

It's interesting that you mention the med staff being friends!
The doctors tell us often that they are our friends and they are totally my advocates! It's true too! The entire staff of Oncology and Radiology are incredibly friendly and helpful! They do their best to speed us through the system, too. I really appreciate that, I've hated waiting since the Army!
Friendly or not, I'm a firm believer in, "Ya don't pizz off the people
that care for your health and well being!" :D

I get them every year and very rarely a problem! The flu shots help me tip the odds a little bit in my favor because of my compromised immune system. All the more compromised now! ;)

I get them every year and very rarely a problem! The flu shots help me tip the odds a little bit in my favor because of my compromised immune system. All the more compromised now! ;)

Since I've got the Type 1

diabeetus.jpg

No cure for that, and can compromise the immune system, so I get the flu shot every year, just to be on the safe side.

LOL!!! Shmit boy, I chew real glass when I feel ornery!

It's interesting that you mention the med staff being friends!
The doctors tell us often that they are our friends and they are totally my advocates! It's true too! The entire staff of Oncology and Radiology are incredibly friendly and helpful! They do their best to speed us through the system, too. I really appreciate that, I've hated waiting since the Army!
Friendly or not, I'm a firm believer in, "Ya don't pizz off the people
that care for your health and well being!" :D

"Ya don't pizz off the people
that care for your health and well being!"

My wife was a medic in the Army (2 years) and ANG (15 years) she reminds me all the time you don't mess with the cooks nor the medics, because either one can make you go to the hospital real quick.

Are you feeling better?
It sounds like you are a bit more chipper, and that's a good thing it helps keep your spirits up.
You are an example to those of us (like me) that aren't as strong as you. I'm scared 8h8tless of that nasty C word critter.
We all know we aren't getting out of this world alive but someone who isn't whimpering sets a great example for the rest of us. I pray you are able to continue and get a reprieve from this nasty crap.
Hang in there partner, we're all pulling for you, and praying that it helps you get better SOON!
Gabby

Not great today, Gabby, lack of sleep! Tomorrow another load of chemo drugs so I won't sleep tonight. They give me powerful steroids to facilitate my body accepting the chemo, before bed, and there's no sleeping with those!

Last Edited:
Not great today, Gabby, lack of sleep! Tomorrow another load of chemo drugs so I won't sleep tonight. They give me powerful steroids to facilitate my body accepting the chemo, before bed, and there's no sleeping with those!
You still need to track me down you old fart. Keep kicking it in the nuts till it stops moving.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads