JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
RO wastes a lot of water and that is not what one wants in a crisis, or for normal use IMO since PDX likes to rape us with the water bill.

One can easily make a good filter yo remove pathogens and chemicals. I provided a vid previously for those inclined to watch.

Bottom line is if you have a good filter, you can use whatever water is available.

After all these years of dealing with annual blue-green algae blooms, and the billions of Oregon tax-payer dollars that have gone into maintaining drinkable water for the public, I don't understand why we have this problem...this year.....now... What is different? Anybody know? And the incompetence of the OEM broadcasting "Civil Emergency. Prepare for action." ??? OMG! We were lockin' and loadin'! On one hand... this was poorly done. On the other hand, it was a great wake-up call. By the time we get such a call, best to have supplies. Going to the store after the call can be dangerous. This one was about water contamination. What would be next?

Oh....and where is the State water master on this? :eek:

I told the management here I would stay out of posting but this thread is worth doing it.:D

So are you thinking past today and where the event is going?

Have you looked at all that is contaminated in your house? Is your hot coffee double strength toxin? Can you ever clean the toxin out of the coffee pot? How is that hot water heater, how will you ever get this out of your pipes? Who will pay for this?

How long will you buy drinking water? Going to set up water delivery? What does it do to your property values?

Well you know who has been running the show for 30 years, for this to happen in the state capital it tells you how the state is run.:D:D:D

Backing on out again, no sense me pointing out what else you better look at as contaminated, you will find out.:confused:

RO wastes a lot of water and that is not what one wants in a crisis, or for normal use IMO since PDX likes to rape us with the water bill.

One can easily make a good filter yo remove pathogens and chemicals. I provided a vid previously for those inclined to watch.

Bottom line is if you have a good filter, you can use whatever water is available.
With all due respect, you showed how to construct a filter housing, not any specifications, much less NSF specs for filter media or capability for any substances whatsoever.

City of Keizer just opened up a water fill station
From their facebook page:
20294319_1755954697751408_4429726367790105421_n.png

Keizer Fire District
Like This Page · 1 hr ·

The City of Keizer is opening up water fill stations starting tonight at 5:30 pm until further notice. This fill station will be available to access 24 hours a day and is located on the Chalmers Jones Skate Park side off Rickman Rd in the parking lot.

There are many business and private residences allowing individuals to fill water jugs and bottles. More information can be found on the City of Keizer or Keizer Chambers Facebook pages.

With all due respect, you showed how to construct a filter housing, not any specifications, much less NSF specs for filter media or capability for any substances whatsoever.
Look back a few posts where I posted the link to the Berkey filters and the specs for such. You can buy them on amazon and other places as well.

<broken link removed>

Got mine in tigard by work...

Damm I was going to sell for 25 a case I better up that!!!
LOL View attachment 464479

Have triple that in our storage ATM, and we just moved! We use them in rotation.

For more bulk water, I stocked up on empty water cubes for us.

Cardboard boxes with non leaching flexible plastic inserts, the plastic insert is like what you take car camping. They have screw lids, and a screw on spigot. Lab grade water, and saline was original single use purpose. 5gal and convenient 2.5gal sizes.

Folks, water is the easiest, least expensive thing to stock up on, and the number 1 most need.

Many various ways to stock up. Be ware of toxins leaching from asphalt roof shingles, should you go the rain water/barrel collection method.

Have you looked at all that is contaminated in your house? Is your hot coffee double strength toxin? Can you ever clean the toxin out of the coffee pot? How is that hot water heater, how will you ever get this out of your pipes? Who will pay for this?

Backing on out again, no sense me pointing out what else you better look at as contaminated, you will find out.:confused:

No need to panic. If the toxin is so insoluble that it won't wash out with normal use, then there is little chance of any residuals contaminating liquids at levels high enough to be harmful in the future. Just my unscientific opinion.

Yeah those cubes would be ideal but they cost a crap load. I bet Filling them would cost a lot though ;/ and finding an area big enough in my situation would be really hard.

Golly gee wiz, we're headed to Salem this Sunday! Our water is already questionable at the house, and this just makes it that much worse, on top of this, my folks are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary a few days after we get there, and now we need to purchase water storage containers and go fill up on clean water, and having to purchase Ice to stash so we have enough to go around!
JUST FRIGGIN GREAT! :mad::mad::mad:

I'm lucky I'm on a well, with our newborn needing formula, etc. I can literally throw a rock and hit houses on city water though. I feel bad in some sense but at the same time people need to be responsible for themselves without thinking big brother will protect them. This should not be "a" wake up call, this "is" the wake up call for getting prepared.

Side note, maybe it's a conspiracy to end up draining Detroit Lake to start the army corps of engineers upcoming projects early? Maybe I'm just being a little too paranoid or cynical.

I'm lucky I'm on a well, with our newborn needing formula, etc. I can literally throw a rock and hit houses on city water though. I feel bad in some sense but at the same time people need to be responsible for themselves without thinking big brother will protect them. This should not be "a" wake up call, this "is" the wake up call for getting prepared.

Can it seep into wells that are near by?

The problem with much of Salem is the shalloness of the water table, making it very very vulnerable to cross contamination into the ground water which WILL affect wells!
Be a real bad deal to find the waters from Green Peter and Foster also suffer the same issue as Detroit, Th at puts the entire lower Willamette in jeopardy! At least PDX has a pretty good source! You wanna hear bubblegumin, wait till Portland's water supply has troubles and they have to open the Columbia Supply again!:eek:

Well, it is good to see that I'm not the only one that saw "civil emergency, prepare for action" and immediately locked and loaded.
Evidently vets have a different definition of "prepare for action" than emergency managers do.:s0006:

Well, it is good to see that I'm not the only one that saw "civil emergency, prepare for action" and immediately locked and loaded.
Evidently vets have a different definition of "prepare for action" than emergency managers do.:s0006:

For sure.

Is it traveling through the Santiam river?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top