JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"every TV, radio and cell phone"
Going to be interesting to see if that is true. Cell phone probably. Satellite radio is
about the only radio we listen to, and TV is internet. I'll bet the do not ALL go off!
I don't remember the last time I heard a emergency alert test, and they used to be
pretty regular.

This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. The broadcasters of your area in voluntary cooperation with Federal , State and Local authorities have developed this system to keep you informed in the event of an actual emergency.
If this had been an actual emergency , please follow the instructions given by Dante...
Abandon all hope ye who enter here....Thank you for your cooperation. :D

Andy

Pardon my paranoia but I am wondering why "they" are doing it. What are they prepping for?
Likely for a Cascadia event which is overdue by a couple hundred years. It's projected to be a Richter 10 event.

For all of this things about how Oregon is managed that disturb me I give the State high marks for emergency preparedness and response.

Likely for a Cascadia event which is overdue by a couple hundred years. It's projected to be a Richter 10 event.

For all of this things about how Oregon is managed that disturb me I give the State high marks for emergency preparedness and response.
Ya old Kate sure was ready when the state was burning down.:s0140:

Ya old Kate sure was ready when the state was burning down.:s0140:
They communicated and responded well, the negligence was allowing the conditions for the fire to get out of control when we learned that lesson in the 1980's.

Federally managed land did burn but not catastrophically since they still do planned burns to clear the undergrowth. It also eliminated pine beetles. I posted a picture on one of the threads showing about those fires where a road was the dividing line between state and federal lands. The difference was stark. On the federal side there was charring but the trees were OK. On the state side is was basically briquettes.

They communicated and responded well, the negligence was allowing the conditions for the fire to get out of control when we learned that lesson in the 1980's.

Federally managed land did burn but not catastrophically since they still do planned burns to clear the undergrowth. It also eliminated pine beetles. I posted a picture on one of the threads showing about those fires where a road was the dividing line between state and federal lands. The difference was stark. On the federal side there was charring but the trees were OK. On the state side is was basically briquettes.
State of oregons plan for forest fires is to let the fire go so it becomes a federal government problem. Kate followed the plan perfectly.

Your phones, TVs , smart refrigerators and ring cameras will be recording the public's response.

SkyNet is making lists.
Going to be a good trick to get the entire system to sound an alert. It's going to take big tech to make it happen because gooberment doesn't have good enough people to do this.

I turn my phone off for weeks at a time so I guess when I fire it up there will be the old alert message on it.

Bigger fire costs more money. More money spent this year means they get more next year. But somehow they keep misplacing funds......
It's a hand off system to the deep pockets. Fire starts in a county and the county doesn't want to pay to put it out so they let it grow and become a state fire. State doesn't want to spend money to put it out so they let it grow big and become a federal government fire.

I'm not sure what fires your talking about here in oregon....the santiam canyon fire in 2020 was not like that. The only thing that saved my a$$ was state ground and private timber ground

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top