Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Washougal River Cartridge Company

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Cigarlvr313, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Cigarlvr313

Cigarlvr313 Washougal Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I just made my first purchase there today. The prices seem fair. They buy back the used brass. The salesperson was knowledgeable. They had everything I was looking for (.357mag, .38 Special, .45LC) so I decided to try their product. I haven't had a chance to shoot any yet but my first observations are that they are packaged with mixed head-stamps......I saw an older thread on this company.........anyone tried them lately? I'll let you know how the stuff I bought worked out on Tues.

2. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

The website had no prices, yet. No online ordering, yet. Might I ask what you paid for the .38 and .357, bullet weight/style and such? I don't shoot much .357 but even if you can find it at Bi-mart or Fishermans it seems kind of expensive.

Mike

3. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

^^^yea what he said^^^

4. Major Payne

Major Payne PNW Active Member

Not sure on .38/357 9mm was $85+ tax for 250.
    Not that great IMO. Been seeing lots of the 100pk federal at Walmart for $23

5. Cigarlvr313

Ok here is what I paid. .45LC box of 50 was $30, .38 Special 125gr box of 200 was $55, .357 Mag 158gr box of 200 was $75

6. Cigarlvr313

The store hours are very limited though. Saturdays from 1000 - 1300

7. Cuthbert Allgood

Cuthbert Allgood Clark County, WA Well-Known Member

Some of their recent batches of ammo are pretty damn dirty compared to last year's batches. However, for the price, I'm not going to complain too much. You had better stay on top of cleaning your firearms after blasting some of their stuff, though.

WashougalRiverCartridgeCo001_zps1ee8a3b0.jpg

8. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I've shot their 9mm and 45acp, never had any issues. They offer a decent price on once fired brass too, definitely more than the 'scrap' offers per pound many here clamor for.

9. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

That's not too shabby for the .357, less than $20.00/box. I reload everything, except I don't have much .357 brass. That would be a decent way to get some .357 brass rather than waiting for some to come up for sale.

Would a place like this ever give you the recipe? I'd be curious to know what powders are used in re-load ammo like this, especially due to the comment of it being dirtier.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Cigarlvr313

The salesperson I talked to seemed very knowledgable. She told me that she was one of the reloaders and showed me a short vid of thier reloading process.....

11. Cigarlvr313

Oh yea, one other thing I really liked was that she was armed...

12. coyoteman5

coyoteman5 North south east west Active Member

Was that armed with good looks or with a weapon or both

13. FullCaliberII

FullCaliberII Pierce County, WA Active Member

This ammo was going quick at WAC two weeks ago. I snagged a box of .45 and .38 for testing before I buy bulk. We'll see how it goes! Nice guys at the booth though :thumbup:

14. Cigarlvr313

I kind of ran out of time this afternoon but I did get to try a few rounds of the .38 and .357, Freestanding at approx. 30' they seem OK to me...........don't mind the .22 holes, I was fooling around with an AR I just finished building the other day trying to get on paper with the carry handle sights.............. DSCN2899.jpg DSCN2900.jpg

DSCN2899.jpg

DSCN2900.jpg

15. mikeybuck

mikeybuck Clark county Active Member

I've shot the 9mm and 45acp. One of the 9mm had a messed up brass, noticed it when loading a magazine . Other than that they have all gone bang. From what I noticed, the stuff is not as accurate as some of the other big name brands, but still makes great plinking ammo.

16. Cigarlvr313

I'd say the best way to answer that question is to see for yourself some Saturday.......

17. Cigarlvr313

Shot the .45LC this afternoon, 25 rounds, no probs, good plinking ammo.......

18. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

They have remanufactured as well as new with new brass. Mixed head stamps are the same as any other remanufactured ammunition. WRCC shoots fine and is available at a decent price. I've bought at gun shows and at the factory. Good ammo at a decent price, and they're local to the area. I feel the same way about Freedom Munitions in Idaho and try to buy local when it makes sense to do so.

19. Whiskey Jack

Whiskey Jack vancouver New Member

Hello everyone, first time here and I thought I would comment on WRCC. I picked up 250 rounds of .380 and 9mm, $70./$50. respectively. shot all of it today, .380 in a glock 42 and 9mm in a sig p229. every round shot flawlessly, they all fed, went bang and ejected without incident. Just as accurate as any target round I've shot and not any dirtier than blazer or similar. This is my first time using this ammo, they are now my target ammo supplier. I'm a local businessman and I believe in supporting local businesses. these people are local to me and have a great product at a fair price, fills most of my criteria!! p.s. there website sucks, call or email them, they get back to you pretty fast.

20. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

They must have raised their prices.
    Walmart has remington mega pks (250rds) for like $73.
    I bought from WRCC before and out of 250rds has 2 ftf. Not bad for reloads.
    But at $85 for 250rds 2 bad rounds is too many.