JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Every time one of these events takes over the media, it now makes me do two things... Stack 'em deeper and avoid as much coverage as possible. I won't support the media circus any longer. Report just the facts, I'm good at formulating my own opinions and conjecture...

Wait...Your saying he broke laws before he broke more laws? What we need then is even more laws...I'm a genius.

No, what I am saying is that someone else already inside building should have provided armed resistance. One of the general public paying their utility bill, a contractor in to get a permit, a secretary with a purse carry locked in her desk or one of the building inspectors covertly carrying.

Looks like the Courthouse Building 10 is a Gun Free Zone

o.jpg

Every time one of these events takes over the media, it now makes me do two things... Stack 'em deeper and avoid as much coverage as possible. I won't support the media circus any longer. Report just the facts, I'm good at formulating my own opinions and conjecture...

I agree with you - give me the facts and I will come to my own conclusions about any so called news story.

My husband saw this news 'live' on his tiny computer. He came into the bedroom to tell me about it when he gave me a cup of hot tea. I was lying down with a horrific headache.

I did not read, listen to (Radio) or look at any news online or on the boob tube until the wee hours. Our boob tube = OTA tiny indoor antenna. He read most of the evening.

The media circus are nothing but a bunch of clowns with their own agenda and that goes for ALL SIDES.

Immediately, the anti gunners from what I have read online with a time date stamp are giddy with joy talking about the 'evil guns'. They are salivating for more gun laws.

Cate

Last Edited:
My condolences to the families and friends of the murdered and wounded victims.

Sincerely,

Cate

If you like the way things are heading, it makes sense to keep doing what you're doing.

Hello,

I don't understand what you mean with this comment.

I mean NO offense to you when I say this.

Do you mean that people should give up their guns or a specific type of gun or more gun laws should be made?

From what I have read so far, the shooter bought his gun and some other guns legally. He used a 45acp pistol to murder people on Friday. Etc.

Do you mean that the employees should have been armed from the gitgo to shoot the bad guy?

Do you mean that there should have been more security?

What do you mean? What do you think should be done to STOP VIOLENT PEOPLE from doing their dirty deed with any item be it a gun or knife or truck or poison or rope or their bare hands?

Thank you ahead of time if you care to explain what your comment meant in this specific VA murder case.

I read news sources from ALL SIDES not just from the R, L and in between.

The police did their job as best as they could from what I have read too.

Cate

Last Edited:
From what I read all OVER the WWWeb, that VA Beach .gov center or complex, court house, etc. IS a NO guns allowed zone. Another poster put that up here too.

You can't stop evil but you can try to fight back. If the evil one survives which he did NOT in this case... put down the rabid/evil human being.

Cate

I have read several news LINKS and if this shooter used a suppressor or silencer how did so MANY PEOPLE in that building and elsewhere HEAR the original shots?

Before the police came to their rescue?

Confused Cate

Question please.

I have never been around ANY type of a gun with a silencer so is it a soft popping sound if used on a handgun?

I did READ that they really protect your hearing even though I ALWAYS USE quality ear muffs AND ear plugs inside of them too. (My Rx eyeglasses have safety lenses too.)

And if this murderer used a 45acp pistol, how could so many people HEARD the shooting BEFORE the police shot back in their gunfight?

Did you notice that in the last few shootings/murders the bad girls and bad guys USED handguns too? Revolvers and pistols? Shotgun in another one but they have been used in the past too. Navy yard.

I wonder if this murderer was on some psycho babble BIG PHARMA drug or drugs? I have seen much more damage with that stuff, not just for mental issues but for other issues, than what they put on the so called news when it comes to GUNS.

Confused Cate

Last Edited:
Question please.

I have never been around ANY type of a gun with a silencer so is it a soft popping sound if used on a handgun?

I did READ that they really protect your hearing even though I ALWAYS USE quality ear muffs AND ear plugs inside of them too. (My Rx eyeglasses have safety lenses too.)

And if this murderer used a 45acp pistol, how could so many people HEARD the shooting BEFORE the police shot back in their gunfight?

Did you notice that in the last few shootings/murders the bad girls and bad guys USE handguns too? Revolvers and pistols? Shotgun in another one but they have been used in the past too. Navy yard.

I wonder if this murderer was on some psycho babble BIG PHARMA drug or drugs? I have seen much more damage with that stuff, not just for mental issues but for other issues, than what they put on the so called news when it comes to GUNS.

Confused Cate

Most ammo breaks the speed of sound and makes a load crack after exiting the barrel .
Subsonic ammo dose not do that it usally has a heavier Bullit. Normal .45 ball
is subsonic since it is usally 800 ish fps . A silenced firearm can ussa lly still be heard and the action noise is more predominate..22lr is the quitist it's the assassins choice.

Security instructed the employees to hide under their desks. WTH?!

Employees in these "gun-free" zones need to demand more than just a feel-good political response for an active-shooter event in their workplace environment.

The lack of a solid plan reminds me of hiding under my desk at school during a nuclear attack drill back in the '50s.

The anti has bombarded my state with gun control the last 4 years and things are worse than ever. The other things these anti types support welcome hard core violent crime. but their little world in their gated community is all a pretty bed of roses.

Employees in these "gun-free" zones need to demand more than just a feel-good political response for an active-shooter event in their workplace environment.

The lack of a solid plan reminds me of hiding under my desk at school during a nuclear attack drill back in the '50s.

If they make the desk out of AR 500 1/2 plate it might make some sense

Most ammo breaks the speed of sound and makes a load crack after exiting the barrel .
Subsonic ammo dose not do that it usally has a heavier Bullit. Normal .45 ball
is subsonic since it is usally 800 ish fps . A silenced firearm can ussa lly still be heard and the action noise is more predominate..22lr is the quitist it's the assassins choice.

Thanks.

I have been around some so called specially made 'subsonic ammo'. My MT husband and some others had it at some of our shooting events. It was marked on the factory ammunition boxes. Aguila in 22lr. I did not think that the 22lr was super, super quiet but my husband said that if it was USED in a suppressed 22lr caliber handgun it would be pretty QUIET. I personally never bought subsonic ammunition in any brand including Aguila or in the CCI brand. We used up the last of his stash in subsonic ammo at our last private shooting event.

I have been around his regular 45acp rounds (230 Grain Ball) at the range a LOT. Reloaded ammunition of his. His favorite round was/is '45' in 45acp, 45long colt, etc. most of his life.

I NEVER owned a 45acp pistol but I did shoot a fair amount of 45 Long Colt back east and even more out here when I still shot handguns. I had factory ammo (250 Grain-Cowboy Loads) back east and a bit out here and HIS reloaded ammunition out here.

I shot my own gun in a Ruger Blackhawk single action revolver - 45 Long Colt with a 7.5 inch barrel. Late 90's bought NIB. Great shooting gun. I only owned ONE handgun in 45 Long Colt. Sweet caliber!

I shot some of my MT husband's custom and regular 45 Long Colt single action revolvers too.

Anyway... I rambled and thank you again.

Cate

Last Edited:

I remember that in the 50's too.

Someone should have thrown something at the shooter if they couldn't escape. Thrown something and a bunch of people tackled him to the ground.

Old Lady Cate

Thanks.

I have been around some so called specially made 'subsonic ammo'. He and some others had it at some of our shooting events. It was marked on the factory ammunition boxes. Aguila in 22lr. I did not think that the 22lr was super, super quiet but my husband said that if it was USED in a suppressed 22lr caliber handgun it would be pretty QUIET. I personally never bought subsonic ammunition in any brand including Aguila or in the CCI brand. We used up the last of his stash in subsonic ammo at our last private shooting event.

I have been around his regular 45acp rounds (230 Grain Ball) at the range a LOT. Reloaded ammunition of his. His favorite round was/is '45' in 45acp, 45long colt, etc. most of his life.

I NEVER owned a 45acp pistol but I did shoot a fair amount of 45Long Colt back east and even more out here when I still shot handguns. I had factory ammo (250 Grain-Cowboy Loads), back east and a bit out here, and HIS reloaded ammunition out here.

I shot my own gun in a Ruger Blackhawk single action revolver - 45 Long Colt with a 7.5 inch barrel. Late 90's bought NIB. Great shooting gun. I only owned ONE handgun in 45 Long Colt. Sweet caliber!

I shot some of my MT husband's custom and regular 45 Long Colt single action revolvers too.

Anyway... I rambled and thank you again.

Cate

Most serious suppressor folks are also loaders. They can tailor the round with load and Bullet weight for best results with the suppressor.

Most serious suppressor folks are also loaders. They can tailor the round with load and Bullet weight for best results with the suppressor.

My husband and I don't own a suppressor or silencer. I have never seen one in action. My husband said that they are legal here with the paperwork/license but I have never seen one at our range.

He has reloaded since the early 70's.

Take care.

Cate

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show