JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Clackamas County was a nearly dead even 50/50 split.

91,833 "Yes"
91,838 "NO"

Too bad Oregon doesn't have its own version of the Electoral College.

-E-

Among your neighbors, there is going to be a rat.

Oregon residents now require a license to buy guns/ammo at the store. You can be sure there will be new legislation and voter initiatives in WA and other states soon.

There is no refuge in escapism.
a rat for what? Washington firearms laws have a clause for shooting on privately owned property and National Forest
and we're covered by Clark Co sheriffs
they don't have the manpower to come out on property crimes or non-violent drug crimes
they wouldn't come out for a meth head cooking on his own property when we called
they wont come out on any firearm complaints unless someone's dead

a rat for what?
Some of your neighbors are going to be people who voted for strict gun control. Some are just HOA wannabes that get into everyone's business. Could be that your dog crapped on a neighbor's front yard and they want revenge.

There is no refuge in escapism. Better get active in politics or the laws will get much worse.

Some of your neighbors are going to be people who voted for strict gun control. Some are just HOA wannabes that get into everyone's business. Could be that your dog crapped on a neighbor's front yard and they want revenge.

There is no refuge in escapism. Better get active in politics or the laws will get much worse.
not mine - we live on acreage in Washington state surrounded by Mormons and loggers
there's a private shooting range on the next property to the North of us
I don't know a single property owner for over a mile who doesn't own a firearm
on any given day, I hear multiple neighbors shooting on their own land, even full auto
yup, heard they're coming for my guns since 1989 - still waiting
and - NO - at 72, I'm not going to get involved in politics
I vote, but that's the extent of my involvement
life is good on the North Fork of the Lewis River

not mine - we live on acreage in Washington state surrounded by Mormons and loggers
there's a private shooting range on the next property to the North of us
I don't know a single property owner for over a mile who doesn't own a firearm
on any given day, I hear multiple neighbors shooting on their own land, even full auto
yup, heard they're coming for my guns since 1989 - still waiting
and - NO - at 72, I'm not going to get involved in politics
I vote, but that's the extent of my involvement
life is good on the North Fork of the Lewis River
Their candidates have been shouting into microphones on national television that they are going to take away the guns. Some of them got elected and now they control the senate. What's more, they just passed a very restrictive ballot measure in Oregon. So stop with the denial.

As for your neighbors, they are people and you are old enough to know how some people are simply jerks.

You clairvoyant or sumthin'? Or just trying to bait like a master?
Yeah, I think so. :rolleyes:
Come again?

6185c4d9cec85.image.png

There are 49% of Oregon voters that live in a household that owns guns.
BUT: Not everyone in a given household owns a gun. Household gun ownership is not necessarily an accurate metric for voter behavior. There may be multiple persons living in a household, yet only one owns a gun and who knows how the other residents will vote. Household voting solidarity isn't a given. I know this from personal experience. Various surveys suggest that about 30% of the US population are actual gun owners.

BUT: Not everyone in a given household owns a gun. Household gun ownership is not necessarily an accurate metric for voter behavior. There may be multiple persons living in a household, yet only one owns a gun and who knows how the other residents will vote. Household voting solidarity isn't a given. I know this from personal experience. Various surveys suggest that about 30% of the US population are actual gun owners.
Shamia Fagan is a gun owner, Paul Kemp is a gun owner. Even if all gun owners voted that wouldn't necessarily guarantee a defeat of a measure like 114.

Shamia Fagan is a gun owner, Paul Kemp is a gun owner. Even if all gun owners voted that wouldn't necessarily guarantee a defeat of a measure like 114.
It's hard to dispute this statement. The gentleman with his expensive over and under shotgun, living in a gated community isn't apt to vote pro either.

In "modern" times, it's my sense that most Americans don't think of firearm ownership as it relates to the 2A. Most non-gun owners see it as a safety issue. They think it's acceptable to give up what they think of as a hobby activity so as to spare human lives. Public safety is an easy sell to secure gun control.

It's hard to dispute this statement. The gentleman with his expensive over and under shotgun, living in a gated community isn't apt to vote pro either.

In "modern" times, it's my sense that most Americans don't think of firearm ownership as it relates to the 2A. Most non-gun owners see it as a safety issue. They think it's acceptable to give up what they think of as a hobby activity so as to spare human lives. Public safety is an easy sell to secure gun control.
Very true, and I believe the vast majority of gun owners are willing to support various levels of 2A restrictions in the name of safety.

Very true, and I believe the vast majority of gun owners are willing to live with various levels of 2A restrictions in the name of safety.
Those of us who follow NWFA are probably not representative of the majority of gun owners. Like the many people who own one or two guns for home self defense. They are trying to protect themselves from bad guys, and see gun control measures as actually enhancing their own protection. Which of course may have no basis in fact. But it's what they perceive that causes them to vote this way or that. They don't appreciate gun control measures as working against themselves, because they are the good guys. Gun control is for the bad guys. Or something like that. You could work up a similar scenario for hunters who may have one or two purely hunting rifles and use them once a year.

Check out this email that went out today to Tri-County Gun Club members. Rusty Jobe, general manager for the club, suspended all FFL transfers through the club today. Measure 114 hasn't even been formally enacted yet.

If this how easy supposed supporters of the Second Amendment fold, we're in real trouble folks.

View attachment 1309916
BACK to the OP on this.

TCGC is a service organization. They took on doing FFL transfers as a service to members. NOT a requirement to members. I understand Rusty and the TCGC board 100% that with the unknowns of where 114 is going, they are bowing out of offering this basically FREE FFL service. SO go to the LGS and give them the business as THEY are probably going to close in the months to come.

As for bashing a functioning shooting range. Ya good luck with that in the long run. Those memberships are about to be more GOLD unless you own your own property you can shoot on. Existing 10+ Rd Mags BANED in public by 114

I for one will be making sure I keep my memberships to the two ranges I am a member at paid in full.

They don't ? You got any 'real' proof of this?

I can assure you 100% of the gun owners I know vote - and I am sure this follows suit with most others.
According to the Secretary of State there are 3,000,000 registered voters in Oregon. Only 1,800,000 voted. Numbers quoted vary, but somewhere between 1/2 and 1/3 of Oregonians are gun owners. Let's take the bottom number, 1,000,000. There were 889,000 "NO" votes. I suspect that many of those "NO" votes were from non-gun owners, so maybe that number is still more like 700,000. Where are the other 111,000 to 180,000 gun owner "NO" votes? We lost by 32,000 votes. If even a fraction of those gun owners who didn't vote would have gotten off the lazy asses we wouldn't be in this predicament now. I suspect those who didn't bother to vote will now try to rationalize their decision and say it wouldn't have mattered anyway. But the numbers don't lie. We did it to ourselves. So anyone who didn't vote has ZERO business complaining about anything. They need to just STFU.

I remember reading a stat recently that showed 60k registered gun owners in Oregon. Just because someone owns a gun it doesn't mean they voted no. I think a gun owner who is educated on the measure could still vote yes. I'm guessing there is a good chunk of gun owners who might just own one gun and one box of ammo, and never visit this site or the range. Probably just fine with less than 10 rounds.

Regarding, TCGC, I'm a member and think they made a good business decision. They didn't "cave" to anything. LOL. It's a free membership perk that most gun ranges don't even offer.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews