JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It seems to me, we find out who our friends are, when being our friend becomes a bit challenging. As a WA resident, I was disappointed to discover that many, if not all, OR FFLs had been cowed by ATF into refusing any transfers for Wa residents, post 07/01/22. This had been the case for some time with handguns, but was now being applied to any and all firearms.
Then I noticed some sellers on NWFA classifieds were including "NO SALES TO WA RESIDENTS" in their ads. These were ads for shotguns and bolt rifles!
Yeah, gun owners and supposed 2A supporters who knuckle under to the tyrants, further enable tyranny. It's just easier that way.
Money Market Pawn in Portland will still do transfers for WA residents. Many other FFLs chose not to do them for various reasons but legally they can still do them.

Most gun owners don't vote.
first, I moved out of Oregon 25 years ago so I had no vote on this
but based on my research, 74% of the voters in the Portland area voted for this measure
Salem and Eugene also carried this measure
it was pushed by the churches in Multnomah County
high school students went door to door getting support for this measure because they believed it would reduce school shootings
that's enough to outvote every conservative gun owner in the State of Oregon
don't blame the gun owners

Don't care if they suspend it forever. It was a nice perk when it was free, but with all of their BS rules to use it and charging more than other more convenient FFLs it was never a good option for me. Sad. I am so tired of every new feature on services being an additional charge. Can you tell I do IT work?

but based on my research, 74% of the voters in the Portland area voted for this measure
high school students went door to door getting support for this measure because they believed it would reduce school shootings
don't blame the gun owners.
You forfeit the game when your team does not show up to play.

The political Left is active, they vote. It would be different if the conservatives and gun owners were to be poltically active, go doorbelling for candidates, and vote.

The political Left is active, they vote. It would be different if the conservatives and gun owners were to be poltically active, go doorbelling for candidates, and vote.
when I first moved to Oregon in '81, the majority of Oregonians, including Multnomah County owned firearms
it's not the same today - which is why I moved out of Oregon
Vancouver, Wa is now Liberal, but not rural Clark and Cowlitz County

I think many of us just want to be left alone and keep the freedoms provided for way back when. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way now a days. If your side isn't active your side will lose and our side is not very active.

I think many of us just want to be left alone and keep the freedoms provided for way back when. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way now a days. If your side isn't active your side will lose and our side is not very active.
which is why I moved to rural property years ago
between all my neighbors, I have 50 acres to exercise my freedoms on
then there is the Gifford Pinchot - 1.3 MILLION acres just down the road

when I first moved to Oregon in '81, the majority of Oregonians, including Multnomah County owned firearms
There are 49% of Oregon voters that live in a household that owns guns. That's about 1.5 million voters. Last time I looked there were about 800,000 votes against M114. That leaves about 700,000 gun owners who didn't vote against it. We lost by about 30,000 votes. Now tell me whose fault it is.

There are 49% of Oregon voters that live in a household that owns guns. That's about 1.5 million voters. Last time I looked there were about 800,000 votes against M114. That leaves about 700,000 gun owners who didn't vote against it. We lost by about 30,000 votes. Now tell me whose fault it is.
again, I don't live in Oregon, but from my research not all Oregon gun owners were against Prop 114
74% of all Portlanders voted for Prop 114, many of whom are registered gun owners
I guess I should rephrase my statement - don't blame Oregon gun owners for not voting - many voted for this Proposition

We live in a Republic, citizenship is about participation in how the country is run.
The line about "wanting to be left alone" is really apathy. It is a desire for serfdom as serfs don't have a vote, they don't have a voice.

Last Edited:
which is why I moved to rural property years ago
between all my neighbors, I have 50 acres to exercise my freedoms on
then there is the Gifford Pinchot - 1.3 MILLION acres just down the road
Among your neighbors, there is going to be a rat.

Oregon residents now require a license to buy guns/ammo at the store. You can be sure there will be new legislation and voter initiatives in WA and other states soon.

There is no refuge in escapism.

Last Edited:
Speaking only for myself here....
I too want to be left alone....however that wanting to be left alone does not equal a desire for being a serf.

It does mean that I want to enjoy my Rights ....I just usually choose to do so quietly and without fanfare.
Kinda like my views on firearm ownership :
Own whatever firearms you want...or if you choose not to any that is fine as well...Just don't make that choice for others.

In any event...I vote ...and encourage others to do the same.
I also am willing to speak about certain issues ...and why a purposed law may or may not be beneficial.

Do not mistake the desire to be left alone as a desire for being a serf.
A blanket statement...does not cover as much as one might think...it is often one size fits none.

Sorry for the thread drift.
Andy

Vancouver has a nice collection of tarps and bashed in Honda cars 👍

again, I don't live in Oregon, but from my research not all Oregon gun owners were against Prop 114
74% of all Portlanders voted for Prop 114, many of whom are registered gun owners
I guess I should rephrase my statement - don't blame Oregon gun owners for not voting - many voted for this Proposition
Check your math, the numbers add up to a few hundred thousand gun owners that don't vote.

don't blame the gun owners
Actually, Marion County (Salem) was a resounding "NO".....57% against to 43% for the measure. Now perhaps the City of Salem by itself said "YES" but they were drowned out by the remainder of the County residents by a large margin.

-E-

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top