JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So a few people here have mentioned a legal difference between a loaded and unloaded gun for concealed carry or carry in a car. I can't find it in Oregon law. Can someone point me to the right code #?

Thanks.

I chose to get my CC permit because I wanted to carry a pistol under my coat while hunting. In Washington State it is illegal to carry a handgun concealed without a permit to do so, even when carrying a rifle out hunting. I've never even seen a game warden, but as soon as I tried to carry without a permit I'd get caught, I choose to carry at other times but not very often.

Mainly to eliminate some hassles for when I transport firearms in my own vehicles. the rules for transporting firearms in a vehicle without a CHL is a real PITA.

Still waiting on my name change to get done before I can get my Oregon carry permit... (I should have got it done 30 some odd years ago..) but I will get mine to make sure that me and my wife have a chance if something ever comes up. I told the wife she has to get one as well, she doesnt have to carry herself if she doesnt want to but there will be times I will have to put the gun away in the truck while she is in it so she needs to have the permit just in case..

except if youre trying to buy beer from an idiot.

The state booze stores for the past 5+ years only carded me when paying via a credit card. That stopped noticably when the new credit cards with chips showed up last year. They checked ID in the past to make sure you weren't using a stolen credit card because the lost money would be on them. Debit cards? Not their problem dudes.

The state booze stores for the past 5+ years only carded me when paying via a credit card. That stopped noticably when the new credit cards with chips showed up last year. They checked ID in the past to make sure you weren't using a stolen credit card because the lost money would be on them. Debit cards? Not their problem dudes.

???

my post was about a CHL not being accepted as a Gov. issued ID.

The Idea of asking permission and paying the masters just doesn't set well with me.. And about carrying in the car.. how long does it take to slam a loaded mag in and hit the slide?
In Multnomah County just having a loaded mag is a crime if you don't have a CHL. FYI.

Now, is it me or do you also find that totally ridiculous?

Absolutely and its just another "law" in a long line of them that is all about making it a hassle to own and carry firearms. Death of a thousand cuts. Same with smoking laws over the past 30 years. Drug, seatbelt, helmet laws, low flow toilets etc. that just make life more of a hassle and give the government more control. Those comparisons are what has driven me to "constitutional carry" in the past ten years. I don't believe in background checks anymore either as a good thing. Its just one more law, often a hypocritical one that government holds the people to but not themselves.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top