JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not so many I think. They will be looking at us as a possible source of guns for themselves. When crime goes up, people want to be armed...

There only $55 bucks for 5 years!! You cant license your dog for that

That's about $55 too much. o_O It's like saying $55 for a 5-year permit to read a newspaper, is a bargain.

Not so many I think. They will be looking at us as a possible source of guns for themselves. When crime goes up, people want to be armed...

That's about $55 too much. o_O It's like saying $55 for a 5-year permit to read a newspaper, is a bargain.
Some things ya just have to pay for, thats lifeo_O Think how much you waste on insurance a year:eek:

I wouldn't call it something to pay for, any more than I'd call a mugging something I have to pay for. I'd probably use other words to describe what is going on. :rolleyes:

Or someone you love should get theirs...

Lot's of people get thier concealed carry permit for reasons other then to carry everyday - although that obviously doesn't apply to everyone.

What are the reasons someone should get thier license EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT PLANNING TO CARRY??

***Not looking for opinions on why you should carry all the time cuz 'Merica and all that:p so please stay mostly on topic as this information could help others on the fence or that didn't even think about it being a good idea.

Friend of mine (husbands wife) told me she wanted to get her CHL, I informed her that it would be a good idea to also ensure that she was comfortable with handing a pistol, and that we should be proactive not reactive on this.

I don't thinks he appreciated that bit of wisdom. I'm all for somebody showing support in numbers but a CHL/CPL is more than just getting a card and stuffing it away in a purse or wallet and never actively using it.

Friend of mine (husbands wife) told me she wanted to get her CHL, I informed her that it would be a good idea to also ensure that she was comfortable with handing a pistol, and that we should be proactive not reactive on this.

I don't thinks he appreciated that bit of wisdom. I'm all for somebody showing support in numbers but a CHL/CPL is more than just getting a card and stuffing it away in a purse or wallet and never actively using it.

I agree with you up and too the bold type. My wife can shoot any gun I hand her even though she isn't really into them, but that wasn't really the question.

The question was is there any other reason then the one I have which is that I want to be able to leave my wife in the car with a bag of mine that has a loaded gun in it without having to worry about the very slight possibility that it could land her in legal trouble - and I don't break laws I don't have too.

I realize in a perfect world my wife and daughter both would be gung ho about firearms but that just isn't the case and I'm not going to rally to force them into carrying a gun. So the license would be purely a legal protection against my stupidity if I were to forget my bag for some reason and would just need to be in her purse and renewed every 6 years or whatnot.

IF someone should have or get a license and carry a gun can be talked about in a number of other threads.

I agree with you up and too the bold type. My wife can shoot any gun I hand her even though she isn't really into them, but that wasn't really the question.

The question was is there any other reason then the one I have which is that I want to be able to leave my wife in the car with a bag of mine that has a loaded gun in it without having to worry about the very slight possibility that it could land her in legal trouble - and I don't break laws I don't have too.

I realize in a perfect world my wife and daughter both would be gung ho about firearms but that just isn't the case and I'm not going to rally to force them into carrying a gun. So the license would be purely a legal protection against my stupidity if I were to forget my bag for some reason and would just need to be in her purse and renewed every 6 years or whatnot.

IF someone should have or get a license and carry a gun can be talked about in a number of other threads.
Aye, having one is good to be able to leave the concealed in the vehicle with a spouse. 100%. I was diving a little deeper down the hole of 'if it's there and needs to be used' theory.

I've asked my wife to get one for the very reason you specify. Two sides on the coin, not mutually exclusive but that's for the other thread.

13307305_1191374090893540_6342200932801070326_n.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads