JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am a retired street cop, I open carried so to speak on my duty belt for over 22 years when on duty. I would carry concealed when off duty of on special assignment. I saw the evil that people do to each other, I refuse to be a victim if I can avoid it. I am retired from the PD and I still see some of the fine subjects (criminals) that I had contact with while on the job. It is hard to believe but some of those people still resent that they were caught and sent to prison. I conceal carry to protect me and mine.

Because I can! Moved here from Hawaii where you have a better chance of winning the lottery than you do of being 'approved' for a CHL. Got up here and heard that they actually issue them to common folks and decided, I gotta have one just because I can.

What are the reasons someone should get thier license EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT PLANNING TO CARRY??

My wife got her permit so she could carry my gun in her purse if I was in a situation that strapping on a firearm to my waist was just not possible.

This situation never came to fruition and she let her carry license expire.

Oh well, I'm not going to force her to renew her license if she isn't going to carry and she doesn't feel the value in renewing. She is an adult and can make her own decisions for herself.

Here in Idaho,mostly because I get delayed every other time and with my permit I can just walk out after filling out the paper work.
Living in Washington,I had it because you need to have a gun with you most everywhere

I'm from the South and Southerners love guns and back then there were very few laws against them, so we just used common sense.
I owned a few back when I was contracting and definitely needed one in places in Kalifornication like LA Puente and LA!!!!!!!
Settled in Washington the mid 80's and we both got our first CPL because I always carried a lot of cash on paydays and worked damn hard for it to let some no good sack of crap try & take it.

I'm from the South and Southerners love guns and back then there were very few laws against them, so we just used common sense.
I owned a few back when I was contracting and definitely needed one in places in Kalifornication like LA Puente and LA!!!!!!!
Settled in Washington the mid 80's and we both got our first CPL because I always carried a lot of cash on paydays and worked damn hard for it to let some no good sack of crap try & take it.
When I was younger,and not a fighter, the last thing you wanted was my pay check. I worked WAY to hard to give it up. And I was a bit in shape from work. I didn't get harassed too much:cool:
If they only knew what a wimp I was:eek:
:D

I encouraged my wife to get one so that:
She could protect herself at all times without me.
Two of us against the bad guys instead of one.
Sends a message to our elected officials.

Mike

Because I couldn't live with myself if something happened to my family and I failed to do my best to protect them. We have fought for the right to defend ourselves for over 200 yrs. Don't stop now. If you don't use your rights they may not be there when you need them. Millions of people around the globe envy our self determination. We must protect our rights. I hate to be a one issue voter, but it is probably the most important issue in play.

Wifey and both got our permits, her first actually. :D Reasons are, because we can and we wanted to ad two more to the growing list of folks carrying for protection. And dark boat ramps in the early morning, mushroom hunting out in the boonies. And it just makes it easier when transporting fire arms to stay within the law, (Multnomah County) and who knows where else.

I keep my CPL around mostly because I can have one in Washington State.
It could be that if not enough people get or renew a permit , someone may feel the need to no longer issue permits.
It is always good to execise your rights and privileges or they might just go away.
Andy

Last Edited:
The Idea of asking permission and paying the masters just doesn't set well with me.. And about carrying in the car.. how long does it take to slam a loaded mag in and hit the slide?

Yea, we all know why we carry.

The questions was what are some motivations or reasons to get your CC even if you plan to not carry. As silly as that sounds to most here, there are plenty of folks out there that just plain will not carry a firearm for a vast variety of reasons.

Yea, we all know why we carry.

The questions was what are some motivations or reasons to get your CC even if you plan to not carry. As silly as that sounds to most here, there are plenty of folks out there that just plain will not carry a firearm for a vast variety of reasons.
My dad is one of those people- he's had his permit for decades but doesn't carry regularly. He just likes knowing that he has an extra layer of legal protection if there's ever any question about his ability to own a pistol. And he likes being able to walk into a gun store, buy a pistol, and walk out of there with it on the same day. I can relate to that (I'm sure we all can) - that waiting period seems to last forever!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top